Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes: Weekly Challenges

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Change the adventure requirements so they are still a challenge but not 3 of the same one.
    Give us a cancel button so those of us who dont want to engage with it can just delete the quests.
    STOP asking us to delegate hundreds of ' never lost till you asked me this' troops.
    Make the resources paid reasonably difficult, not downright annoying.
    Just remove 3 x whirlwind from it entirely. Thats not a challenge, its punishment.

Pathfinder is wonderful....and while I dont want a repeat or copy of it, its a good model.

Make the rewards for the challenges worth it...permit a change in the graphic to those buildings that are upgraded. All it needs is a little flag at the top with a level on it to say how many times its been upgraded.

And stop this nonsense with trying to sneak price changes in the merchant while we are distracted by something new. That is just plain sneaky and deceitful.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    + 1... totally agree with maryam1! especially the last point "And stop this nonsense with trying to sneak price changes in the merchant while we are distracted by something new. That is just plain sneaky and deceitful"

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    One such way, for example, is to introduce more adventures including Ali Baba the Young Woodcutter for map fragments, which is planned for the near future.
    Was this planned before pushing the challenges live? if so .. frankly not good enough not to have already added it. 18 pages of feedback on test forums most from before this came to live servers .. all negative towards it .. how on earth did this make it out of testing in its current form??? Once again .. asking for feedback from people that ply and pay forthe game .. and then despite the overwhelming evidence totally ignoring them.

In short .. this whole thing is a disaster along the lines of the black knights event as its broken the game .. made it blatant the game is moving much more towards pay to win as the huge numbers of elite troops combined with 3x TOW's etc ... at the same time as needing to farm enough other adventures to even get the 3x tow's in the first place make it essential to have bought multiple elite training grounds .... it's broken the whole of MCC (again) ... totally understand why people are quitting over this and feel the same. Looking forward to seeing some sort of official response on how all this is going to be improved quickly rather than .. "we will get back to people with broken giant battles after the weekend" otherwise I don't think I'm still going to be logging in anymore. Don't have as much time to play as I used to ... and the level of frustration ... I would rather find some other waste of my time than this.

Edit .. after looking at test feedback and how it's been ignored ....I'm out.
    Last edited by luckydiddy; 24.11.18 at 07:51.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I like the addition. I tis clear that the quests are not for the faint hearted or the ones that still have other avenues to expand. It is clearly cheaper to invest in new population buildings and upgrade these, like gingerbread house etc than it is to upgrade the special reward buildings.

It is clearly not an and/or choice but more that once you hit limits on space and/or population needs that you can (at considerable effort and expense) get the high population buildings upgraded and so be able to reduce the total amount of buildings to create space (or just to increase population to make things easier)

Therefore i feel the new quests are mostly for lvl 68+ - where resources wont be the biggest issue nor availability of troops/adventures. But the questline does suggest that it is intended for all levels (which means you can start collecting early for later if you so chose or occasionally do a questline

It would have been good though to release 2 sets of quests with different rewardtypes and levels of difficulty so everyone would feel that this addition was aimed at them as well. Now it will lead to a lot of people signing off early on and creating discontent- instead of pleasing people with new content.

I myself will keep doing the quests but with the adventures selected i will not do them back to back- Some additional adventures or a few more random choices in the questlines would be nice to keep variety going and be able to actually have enough of (some of the required) adventures to keep doing them .

World
    Newfoundland
    I like the idea of weekly challenges (that you can take or leave). My personal issue is that as much as I believe they should be exactly that - a challenge, I think that they should be achievable, even if you don't have all the requirements available from the start. Farming YWC to get 2nd/third thief to hopefully get the 3 TOW required this week has been a nightmare. Multiple advs have been played and I have not had a single TOW drop for me. Yes I have a full time job, and a young daughter to look after too (SHOCK - some of us have real lives to deal with too!). Very frustrating to put so much time and effort into a challenge, just to fail, because the luck aspect is against you. In my view a challenge is something that should be achievable if enough effort and time is put in, not something that might me achievable if the sun is shining at the right time and the wind is blowing in the right direction.

A rebalance of the required amount and choice of adventures is needed in my opinion.

By all means keep it tough. But make the end goal achievable with work and effort, and not reliant on luck!

World
    Newfoundland
    I like the concept of the weekly challenges. Even though they aren't really weekly, simply limited to a 7-day threshold.

I love the idea of being able to upgrade residential buildings and eventually free building space without sacrificing population.

I'm fine with the creation and donation of resources.

I can accept the creation and delegation of troops - although I'd much rather it was troops that I am accustomed to losing, rather than the really expensive ones that my entire combat strategy is geared around protecting. It can't be a time issue, because a swordsman takes just as long to train as a besieger.

I have a significant issue with there being a requirement to do an adventure that is not available without the random factor of it happening to drop as loot from an adventure that I might have done previously. Or which I might be able to buy in the TO for a ridiculously inflated price thanks to limited supply and vastly increased demand - if someone decided to sell one at the time I need it, and if I can meet the asking price. This becomes an even bigger issue when the requirement is multiple iterations of a single-player adventure where the option of a lootspot is eliminated. Speaking entirely personally, I think it would be preferable to have Treasure of Knowledge instead of Treasure of Wisdom, simply because of the extra player slot. I'd be able to run one and also help a guildmate with the other slot.

Ultimately, I think it unfair to have a task with a deadline that is potentially impossible to meet purely because of the mechanics of the game. I say potentially impossible - give it a few weeks and that becomes probably impossible, and a few weeks further down the line it becomes completely impossible as the supply of the adventure in the game runs out.

Based on the adventure requirements, I've already decided which of the four weekly challenges I'll not be undertaking, which means the goal of removing huge swathes of resources from my stores will not be achieved.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi,
    as many people before me - i would like a pool of addies where i can choose from - e.g. i don't have that many 1st, 2nd, 3rd thief addies that takes another hit to the the budged if you have to buy them. Offering them for gems will NOT work for me!
    A possibility would be to let us do multiplayer addies so we can swap them. If you have to run 3 single addies like 1st thief and only have a few hours day it will not work.

Then there is a bit of a problem for me with the math: 7 tokens for 20 ppl in priate residence(2.8 ppl/token) 14 tokesn for 30 ppl in several Buildings( 2.1ppl/token -and 104 tokens for 110 ppl in mag. res. (1.05 ppl/token) to bring it up 1 lvl

Training troops and producing a lot of stuff is also a thing i don't like - you need to keep rushing through all the stages in case you have to run long searches and doing a couple of big addies.
    Maybe give a little more time /reduce the amount a little or if you'rel lucky and finished early add the time you'd saved in this week to the next week - otherwise a cool down phase to reduce the stress of having to finish again - constantly ticking clock ... is killing the fun and can lead to ppl being rude to eachother -> funkiller

We should be able to "recycle" overproduced stuff at mayors

As long as there are no major changes this will be the last week i played - to much stress & costs and way to little reward.

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi there.
    First, I just love the concept of the weekly challenge. A couple of issues arise. Firstly making resources available. We shuold not have to give away costly rescources wich we are not able to produce on our Island e.g excotic wood. When a adventure or 2 or 3 are neede tto do a quest, this should drop at the same time. The advs, should be no harder to do yhan you can supply troops for them, without buffing the barrack(s). The total of gained loot, should be equal in resources that we use, so as the entire project are a loss for the player. The prices in tokens to expand the population limit is way to steep(maybe the tokens can be used in other ways(got a pop limit of 38k now so this is no issue)), and doesn't in any way mirror the cost in obtainig them. All this said, the game needed a boost, and this I think is a good way to go, but we need a lot of adjustments, to make it feasible and fun to do. It is never fun to play a game, when you feel you are loosing all the time. I'll finish this challenge, and wait for feedback/updated quest chains to happen.
    Best wishes for the future of the game.
    Nettopp_Naa

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Weekly Challenges:
    Great idea to including adventures but not the co-operating adventures.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    So far I like the challenges. They are quite difficult to do instead of a simple walk in the park. From what I see lots of people don't like doing the coops and the scenario's but that just right down my alley. Keep these challenges coming

Reply to Thread