Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes: Weekly Challenges

World
    Sandycove
    Personally I'm over it. If one starts and I just happen to have the right adventure(s) and just happen to be overloaded on goods that the effort will suck up then maybe I'll do another but I'm not going to worry about them otherwise.

I still really want a cancel method where it would just go away entirely for 7 days and then re-appear (if it must be).
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Addition of the weekly quests messed up the guild quest appearing correctly. Hey, how about this suggestion, remove the weeklies so the guild quest showing is corrected?

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Enjoyed the first few challenges but costs seem to spiral out of control. Unable to finish the current one, having spent 1.2 million resources to get to the last stage, I'm hit with needing to do 3 x Treasure of Wisdom (which I don't have). Also to replace the losses to enable me to do 3 of these will take 5 days and there are only 4 days left because of the time taken to produce all the resources needed. Interesting idea but totally unbalanced in my opinion and I will not be doing another until this is addressed.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Blodwell View Post
    Enjoyed the first few challenges but costs seem to spiral out of control. Unable to finish the current one, having spent 1.2 million resources to get to the last stage, I'm hit with needing to do 3 x Treasure of Wisdom (which I don't have).
    Of all the issues I have with the weekly challenges, this is the one that annoys me the most.

Three of the four challenges hide the adventure requirements needed to complete them behind previous quests in a chain. And so, you can end up sacrificing hundreds of troops and/or thousands of resources only to be presented with an impossible task within the time remaining.

Considering this is, in Alex's own words, designed to be completely optional, then surely part of this challenging content should be allowing players to be able to assess whether or not the tasks in front of them are possible before investing quite some time and resources into them. Currently, the only way to do that is by consulting a third party source, such as the wiki. This is just totally wrong, in my opinion.

As things stand, I feel only one of the four challenges is even remotely worth the investment required, but only so long as I have the necessary adventures available. However, I am teetering on the edge of reaching level 66 and advancing to the top tier of the challenges. I guess I shall be reassessing, somewhat, when that change happens.

World
    Newfoundland
    Is there any update on the weekly challenges going forward? or is it now just a take it or leave it option when faced with for example 3x TOW, which is very hard to come by as it takes 2 previous adventures in the hope that that it drops?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    Three of the four challenges hide the adventure requirements needed to complete them behind previous quests in a chain.
    settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/quests/weekly-challenges/

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer123 View Post
    settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/quests/weekly-challenges/
    I am well aware of that link. I guess you didn't really digest the paragraph following the one you quoted at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    Considering this is, in Alex's own words, designed to be completely optional, then surely part of this challenging content should be allowing players to be able to assess whether or not the tasks in front of them are possible before investing quite some time and resources into them. Currently, the only way to do that is by consulting a third party source, such as the wiki. This is just totally wrong, in my opinion.
    With a bit of luck, the point will not be lost on the folks at Blue Byte.

World
    Northisle
    stormy is my favorite, dont remove this. it's the only adventure I'm happy to do. But i cant mostly do 3 wisdom, because i dont have them, and besieged city is rarity anyway. i'm lucky to have one of these adventure and do sometimes and sell ls for next besieged aventure, so its doable, but no 3 wisdoms from week to week. Please add wisdom in merchant, even for star coins its be good.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    2 out of 3 of my last 2 weeklies have been 3 x heart of the mountain and 3 x riches of the mountain. And there it stops........ Not only does Riches use a lot of gunpowder, Heart is almost impossible to come by. I've lost count of the adventure searches I've done (some returning with 2) and not one Heart. I'd love to be able to try these weeklies - at least give us a fighting chance.

And before someone says 'trade' - well, gee, I thought of that. Very few Heart and when they are they are ridiculously expensive.

World
    Newfoundland
    All the required scenarios are now available in merchants adventure section for map fragments.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Reply to Thread