Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes: Weekly Challenges

World
    Northisle
    Coop advents is biggest mistake ever that developers did - my quests must depend then me only:-)

And make not needed troops is other "great" success ...

Good luck in this way - I am always happy to ignore this part of the game ... or the game ...
    eat a beaver - save a tree

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    It's all very well using analytics and wieghting to select which adventures and scenarios we should doing but if your axioms are flawed then the final results will not be what you or us want.

Look at the lowest tier weekly-challenges for starters, run grain conflict four times is the first thing which leaps out at you. Based on thousands if not millions of years of gameplay the playerbase has come to expect a 1% chance of finding that particular scenario. For the player that means it's going to take just over 57 weeks for their explorer to find enough to do that quest. Since players at those sort of levels will have a minimal number of explorers and a underdeveloped island they don't have the means to commit more than 1 explorer to adventure searches. The only source of this scenario for trade is high level players who in the past aquired some but this source will soon dry up. Another thing preventing those players completing this particular quest is normal gameplay giving them xp thus meaning those players will have leveled up into the next tier before they obtained the 4 scenarios thus negating their need to run it.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I'm with the majority on this regarding co-ops and have stopped playing as the rewards are just not there for the effort required. Here's an idea - why not have easter egg items that pop up from time to time to give you a very large reward either in explorers or geologists.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Next quest for me: do 7 very long adventure search. My explorers are out on treasure searches (which is required for an event quest) for 2 more days. So I can finish the 7 adv search in 8 more days. Good work BB! I'm out of weakly quests until you change it massively.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    1. Do 3 adventures from the following list....
    A list should have more than one option, otherwise its a single option not a list. I haven't had a challenge yet (and I've completed 5 or 6 now) where the 'list' of adventures has included more than one adventure.

2. Delegate xxx besiegers (or other expensive elite troop type)
    Everyone gets that the whole weekly quest thing is a resource sink, but this 'quest' is a bit blatant isn't it? I'd be much happier if those troops were created and destroyed for a purpose. Wouldn't "Lose xxx beseigers in an adventure" be preferable? We can't delete troops, so we'd have to do the adventure (see item 1 lol) and sacrifice them; Much more in keeping with the gameplay and the roleplay element.
    Last edited by Jim_B; 13.12.18 at 20:15.
    HOTFIX!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuiry View Post
    From the perspective of s lvl 70 player:

I will never do any of those "weekly" challenges. You ask me why? Ok, because:

1. The resources I'm asked to produce and then donate double amount don't worth the hilarious experience i get. (In other words someone though of making resources sink in the game but got way too greedy).

2. At current resources demand even if someone do them weekly they will soon run out of resources and those who didn't stop at 1st weekly will be forced to stop due lack of resources.

3. The adventures from the "list"... hm list suggests options/choce and not do adv X 3 times... Any adventure that is not available for map fragments is based on LUCK that u already have it/will get during the given time..(Very contradictory to the statement in the dev diary).

4. Every high lvl player already had enough population so asking them to pay arm and leg for mere 25 tokens is funny. If I sell all those resources you want me to donate I can buy a 140 pop building - immediate population increase!

5. Asking players to train and than donate elite troops?! Why on Earth? With that army i can do several arabian adventures and get much more experience, not to mention that the elite barracks will not work in VAIN for 12-24 hours with valuable buffs!

My frustration has faded away already - I'm just ignoring those weekly "challenges" (i would say robberies) from now on unless something changes very considerably.
    +1
    lvl 50+...score so far done one, failed one, done one, failed one..
    would like a choice of adv...even a follow on....but not 3 of them....they do not drop that often
    giving more troops than you make.....1) make it equal, or 2) use normal troops...
    besides the above...i look forward to upgrading my other 2 dark castles a lvl with the one i was able to do :-))

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    Perhaps letting some tokens be reward in the subquests would make WC considerable fair enough to "approach"..
    +1 :-)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Sadly, not sure BB_Alex or BB management are genuinely bothered.
    Last edited by lordloocan; 16.12.18 at 23:38.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    it's been a month since they post this thread, wonder since BB didn't respond until now, is this mean there is nothing going to change ?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Doubt they will change anything, maybe remove the word "list" from the WC, just annoys me that I have to see the failed tab every week

Reply to Thread