Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes: Weekly Challenges

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    when this many ppl kicked off over the black knight mess up it was removed wasnt the same dev that came up with that idea was it ...worse thing a company can do its not listen to its customers after all with them you dont have a job ......

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    A weekly crisis quest that players can choose to focus on.

Ok In which case if we have a choice, give us a cancel button. We have one for everything else we do as individual players.
    I am with Maduroso 100%.
    If you think a 'list' is one item ( addy ) repeated over and over again you need to SERIOUSLY look at your understanding of the word.

Asking us to sacrifice our high level elite troops that we spend the whole of the rest of our time going out of our way (with effort) to retain. er...I am lost for words. That's not a challenge, its plain silly.And if you actually played the game or talked to players at all you would not need our feedback to know this.

The rewards are pitiful for the time, effort and resources used.

Unless this is changed, the bugs is caused in other parts of the game, the glitches in it, and the issues MANY of us have raised are realistically resolved, I opt out. The ship can rot.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Get rid of the co-ops.
    Get rid of the elite troop production/donation.
    Get rid of the doubled resource donation after producing said resources.

And why must the WC's always contain adventures?
    Let's have some purely economy based challenges (sensible ones, now).
    Game is called "Settlers" and is primarily an economy/settling game so how about pulling back on the amount of adventuring (fighting) we HAVE to do to progress?
    Let those who want to addy-grind do so, but let those who don't want to do them have an alternative way to progress

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    I love Weekly Challenges!!! ))))))
    I'm lvl 61 and around lvl60 i've stoped lvling up .... didnt see the point no more.
    I'll tray to do all weekly challanges even if i fail.
    I don't have a problem with resources .... my warehouses(2,2M) are full with many resorces, production chains have stop since is full ... so i don't mind the resorces requierments.
    The only PROBLEM that bugs me is coops - cant find players for them, and i don't play that much to have time to syncronise with them.

Love i can increase the population by upgrading buildings that i couldn't upgrade before ... i seem to never have enough population.

In conclusion: I love Weekly Challenges, i'll try and do them all, i'll try and lvlup through them, not woodcuter and alibaba, and get more pop at the same time ... and when you guys have time, please remove coops or add more adventure to the list so i have a choice if i don't find people for coops.

Ty for the new content guys

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Dear BB Alex,
    with all due respect I have to ask whether you have ever played this game as an ordinary gem buying player? I like most players looked forward to a new challenge but really do not a crisis ever week of the year. I hate the crisis quests we had but played along as they were infrequent and brought the community together, what you are doing now will destroy the game in my view. Just how sustainable is it to pay the resources asked of us? Do enough people actually have enough stuff to do this long term? I have played the Settlers games since they first came out and supported TSO for nigh on 6 years now. Please take some notice of your Customers else I fear the community and the game will disappear. I have seen many businesses go bust because they did not understand their customer base and I sure do not want this game going that way. Maybe you could look back at what people have been telling you over the last years and put right the problems in the game before introducing more problems. Maybe form a Customer forum covering all types of players and levels and exchange views on a regular basis. Introduce the right changes, clean the game up and you will still make money and attract new players, whereas getting the adverse publicity currently doing the rounds certainly will not. I am available any time to offer advice but best of all BB Alex listen and take notice instead of listening and ignoring. It may be you are not ignoring and so I apologise but your post makes most people think you are ignoring them and that you do not care what your paying public think.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I like weekly quests, but I think they need some changes (as other people already said).
    I don't like the co-op adventures, or the adventures that are rare and hard to found.
    Also, a cancel button would be nice, so we can cancel the quest, without waiting a full week.
    Thank you.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    please give us the option to opt out of these weekly challenges.

with the cost of training and delegating the amount elite troops we have to means we won't have any troops to do any adv so no point in even bothering with the weekly challenges

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    For me, it's not simply about the weekly challenges ... it's about the game as a whole being nothing but following instructions ... there's no gameplay, little thought required .... just following instructions ... the weekly challenges are the latest in a long list of sets of instructions to follow .... nothing fun, nothing exciting, just plain boring .....

It would be good if the devs could play the original settlers to remember what real gameplay is .....

World
    Newfoundland
    I wasn't around the time the Crisis was on.

I had stopped playing for a few years, after becoming bored as I was reaching the top level at the time (50) and increasingly desillusioned by BB's commercial greediness.
    Unsurprinsingly it is fairly easy to move on and find other hobbies.
    Almost by mistake I came back and was curious as to what the game had become.
    I found out about higher levels and the COA's. By the way, weren't they supposed to become 6 eventually? Or was that another empty (ie shelved) project? I would have much more liked to get another COA instead of this Mad Scientist, but I'm digressing.

Anyhow from what I was told and gathered, is that the general consensus about the "original" Crisis was never to happen again. People spoke about it as an unpleasant experience.

Perhaps I might be wrong, but if I am not, why would you then think it is a great idea to bring up a weekly mini-crisis as per your own words?

On the other hand, you stand between a rock and a hard place because if you were to listen and seek the opinion of players, we could well end up with another disaster as pvp... But that was the sole result of a loud minority against the silent majority.

There is something very unbalanced in the current setup of weekly challenges, and this doesn't make it entertaining. Isn't part of your job to provide fun to your customer base?
    It is still early days for the weekly challenges, but it looks as if the fun part has already failed...

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Hello BB, I'm happy with challenges and I like the concept. Maybe if you can give to the list of adventures more than 1, like 2-3. Thank you

Reply to Thread