Sandycove
    This is stupid!!!

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    It's a pig's ear.

World
    Sandycove
    How about we offer alternitives so BB get to keep weekly challenges and we get to do them easier like what person under acadmas post said
    maybe if we give them more options on how to change them to be achiveable as a player that wont compromise the idea to much they might start listening more

such as the remove coops from it
    do it as do any addy in a set level range per player level range so lower levels do i dunno 3 addys levell 1-3 then next bracket does 4-6 then 7-10 then 11-15 or something
    or makesure the addys they want us to do can be got for map frags or star coins etc?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    I like it but would feedback that for the adventure component it would be better to request three of a certain type - scenario, co-op, FT, Ali etc, etc rather than three of the same.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove

Even 'challenges' should still be 'possible'.

While I appreciate much of the logic behind the Weekly Challenges, I have to say I am more than a little disappointed that this supposed reaction to our feedback has utterly failed to address the most prevalent of issues voiced by the community.

Sacrificing of Resources
    Whilst I understand that there are players that have a large surplus of some resources stashed in their star menus, most of those players have done so by overproducing for years. Those resources that they overproduce will likely not be seriously dented by the demands of many of these quest tasks, whereas those like myself, who don't hoard stuff in star could struggle.

On the other hand, there are other resources being asked for that I completely fail to understand the logic behind, such as gunpowder and platinum bars. I can't imagine there are (m)any players that have large amounts of these stashed, so why on earth are we being asked so sacrifice them in such huge amounts? There is no logic behind it, that I can see.

Have these quests focus on resources that are mass produced on every island such as pinewood, hardwood, bread, fish, meat, sausages, brew, copper, bronze (swords), water, wheat, flour and so forth. Avoid anything that requires more limited resources.

Delegation of Troops
    I understand the basic concept behind this. Recruiting troops is something that takes time, which is the whole point of the challenge, but why on earth are we being asked to delegate elite troops in such HUGE numbers, especially ones that require relatively limited resources to make? - e.g. besiegers

Not only does this place an even bigger drain on resources like gunpowder, that are not prone to being stockpiled, but also seriously detracts from a high level players ability to complete the elite adventures required to make more than the tiniest dent in the massive experience totals needed to level up.

These quest tasks should be focussed solely on regular troops, as most high levels have comparatively smaller demands place on the regular barracks and choosing a troop type like cavalry as a staple for higher levels to recruit for these tasks would actually give us some use for the stupid amount of horses stockpiled on the servers and might, on time, actually lead to many needing to turn their stables on for more than the odd quest that requires some produced.

Choice of Adventures
    WHAT CHOICE? - As has already been said elsewhere having to do the same adventure multiple times does not constitute a "list". Give us some choice, especially if you wish to include adventures that are only available from explorer searches and/or loot drop.

CO-OPS - Many people cannot get involved with co-op adventures because their time zone and/or real life schedule do not allow it. If you wish to encourage co-ops as a part of weekly quests then how about including them in a list with other adventures that are slightly more difficult, harder to obtain and/or more expensive to do. For example, you could have a list that comprised of Riches of the Mountain, Whirlwind and Valiant Little Tailor. Even if you can't find one or afford the resource cost of Riches of the Mountain, nor find players for Whirlwind, you still have the option of buying VLT for map frags and playing through it at your own pace.

STORM RECOVERY - You seriously expect players to complete this multiple times? Personally I do this adventure more often than most players and even I only do it when I have a Bonus Quest from Sophisticated Pillager active, in order to get more 'bang' for my 'buck' and usually only when it is also paying out event resources. The investment required in order to play it is too hefty, even for me, without some added bonus to the loot, especially when not playing it with premium active.

In Conclusion
    In all honesty, the last time I remember such a uniform outcry at the contents of a new update to the game was as a result of the changes to the combat system and the introduction of colonies. That update had a lasting negative reaction in the minds of players that is still evident to this day and I fear that these issues with weekly challenges will have a similar effect on the p(l)ayer base if not taken seriously and properly addressed in the very near future.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Np for me about all quest buth i realy dont like to play wisdom x3. I prefer to play 2nd thief x4, because 2nd thief adv have 2 ls and one for swap. This mean we can play only 2 adv and i like 2nd thief a lot. i dont like to play whirlwind x3 and stormrecovery x3 and better you put sinbad snake than city because sinbad city adv prise is to big already. Snake adv is double lower prise, yes i now prise will grow buth city will grow more, even now is to big. i talk about lvl 66-75

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    While I appreciate the explanation and taking the time to communicate with us, I do hope you take comments and suggestion to heart. I love a great challenge even if it is a bit hard. But almost all of my friends that are above level 66 are not going to do any of the quests until they are rebalanced to something "fun". i urge you to think about whether the tasks are enjoyable to do or not as you look at rebalancing. I completely agree that the challenges should and can take days to do. But they need to be 1) fun to do and 2) reasonable. Neither is the case now. Clicking to destroy thousands of elite troops is just not enjoyable. period. doing 30 wood cutters to find 3 tows to do, just not enjoyable. period. why would anyone enjoy "click" 400 beseigers GONE. 800 swordsmen GONE. just not fun.

Please remember this is a game and folks play it to enjoy have some fun and downtime from real life things like work. The closer you make the game like work, the fewer that will play.

At this point I am afraid i have to say that was a swing and a big miss (sorry for the baseball pun but cannot resist). ya know a swing that looks really ugly and even the pitcher is surprised you tried to hit it.

Again i appreciate your thoughts behind the weekly challenges but they will not be done by a ton of higher level players until they are made somewhat enjoyable.

So not just to complain a couple of ideas:

*Give us a list as the task implies rather than a specific addy to do. the lists are one addy, not a list. and please make sure there are addies that are enjoyable on the list and acquirable within reason. i have no desire to spam ww or storm recovery. people do not do them because they dont enjoy them or the payback is not worth the cost.
    *Stop killing precious elite troops with a click of a button. This is SIMPLY not fun. We work on guides and simulations to protect these troops due to their cost and production time. You destroy them with a click of a button. Let us kill them doing something fun like an adventure.
    *Finally and i am begging on this one. Please put yourself in the players position. Make them FUN and enjoyable. Crazy talk i know but this is a game and I really enjoy it. People will not do new content that is not enjoyable, balanced, or not really even accomplishable for some.

BTW: on a positive note, loved what you did with MCC. Campaign is not easy but it is fun to do and the rewards seemed balanced very well for the losses. so thank you for that content.

sanadar

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Lots of unhappy people about bb... Take a look!...It's your job to keep your players happy and interested. Loads of talk of players leaving now....Not cool

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    As others have said, it's just too demanding of resources, time, and adventures we don't have, and don't hav time to earn, b ecause we're too busy doing the adventures, etc etc. I'm disappointed.

World
    Newfoundland
    well
    just to voice another opinion
    I am lvl 63 and perfectly happy with the weekly challenges
    have no issues with any of it, I like that they are hard to do and give me an alternative xp income
    thanks BB
    Leader of The Hell Unleashed [THU] on Newfoundland
    Addicted to Settlers, coffee and chocolate, in that order

Reply to Thread