Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Building upgrades with tokens, list showing the most population gain per token

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Building upgrades with tokens, list showing the most population gain per token

I wanted to know which building offered the most population gain per token spent so I made this list
    Its based on the maximum upgrades and shows how much population gain you get per token spent.

Although the Dark Castle seems to be the highest pop gain per token, it is very expensive.
    White Castle, Pirate Residence and Tipi are in second place and seem to be a good option to upgrade

(This list is based on the total gain you get not the starting pop you get at level 1)

Thank you for putting in the effort of making this easily understandable guide for everyone to see.
    I will be making this a sticky for the foreseeble future so as not to be lost further down the page.
    - MOD_Daz
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 27.11.18 at 15:08.

World
    Newfoundland
    A couple of points:

Your column heading is incorrect - it shows the population at each level, not the population increase at each level.

the numbers for the Dark Castle should be 100 | 210 | 320 | 430 | 540 | 650

Having said that, it's a useful reference for people that haven't crunched the numbers themselves.

Personally, I think I might be upgrading my bone churches first

World
    Newfoundland
    Despite everything, I went for a dark castle: it's there, awkward in footprint so at least now it will have a justification of staying put thanks to the increase of pop.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ah thanks for the heads up, I updated the image
    although that 640 typo was made by BB and I copied it 0_0

https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...aining-Grounds

Brotherjon
    Nice table lord. Thanks for taking the time to do and share this, was hoping for something like this. Dark castle isn’t expensive as you say but already it seems to have gone up five fold in price since new feature was added!

World
    Newfoundland
    I haven't had a Dark Castle on my island for ages 'cos I cleared them out to make Mag Res spaces.... I just completed my 300th BK since the last one dropped.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Nice table, but I got a note, I think you should make pop/token for each level not for the total as for example it is maybe better to upgrade 1 level or 2 then stop.
    Hello People

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nice. I have 4 Dark Castles trading during various events (left over Event Resources, much better use than simple coins). Yes, they are big and obscure the map, but I dropped them in a corner, so it ain't that bad. The first week of "Weekly Challenge" got me enough tokens to upgrade all 4 of them - +440 Pop was worth the resource drain of the "challenges" even without the nice XP bonus too.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Nice table, thanks. Altough it of course misses the space aspect. I prefer to invest tokens in high end buildings which take less space per pop, which will give me more pop in the long term. Tokens are hard to come by

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    let's say you have 57 T . which building will give you the most pop for your buck?

Reply to Thread