Reply to Thread

Thread: Now we are 7

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland

Now we are 7

Oops, should have posted this last week but RL too distracting.
    Newfoundland is now 7 years old, happy birthday to us.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Congrats - let us see if we live to be 8 years old. It does not look like BB wants us to get new players. Seems as if all new are directed elsewhere.
    For me the game works best if we are a mixture of high and low levels.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Lets ask the most important question- what will happen when flash gets pulled. Any stop gap solution will only lead to player bleed so if that is the route to go.... then yes it will be earn out time for next year or 2/3 and maybe a TSO 2 during that time

If the game migrates to another platform then new to develop content (most "new stuff" coming out now will have been in the pipeline for a while already anyway) will probably be on hold and/or being worked at on a new platform already -

But BB is very closed about this with answers that can be interpreted in many ways so only time will tell

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    The Flash question has been asked since Day 1, especially since the reasons for using it stated in BB Teut's lectures would have justified something else being used instead.
    Even with the latest hoo-hah caused by "new content" and long term bugs not being addressed, to me this is the key to whether TSO has a future or not.
    I sincerely hope it does but hanging onto a platform that was dead in the water before the game even went live does not augur well. I've already seen much smaller and less popular games and sites take the plunge and move away from Flash, even if only in baby steps. The simple fact that it's obstructing people from purchasing gems should be ringing warning bells in UBI HQ. My last purchase incurred a hefty surcharge from the c card company because the shop wouldn't work in GBP, I had to purchase in Euros instead which actually made the offer more expensive than the normal price.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Sorry but as someone who buys gems using the Chrome browser on a Android tablet I can say with 100% confidence that Flash is not responsible in anyway for the current problems some have with buying gems.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread