Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hotfix

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

Hotfix

Once again I cannot play because of a hotfix going on.

Do not get me wrong I understand fixes have to be carried out and now and again it can be such a fundamental issue it has to be done quickly,

however many of these maintenance actions can be announced with a 24 hour notice, and we can plan our play, why not this one?

After all you posted:

Dear Settlers,

As already mentioned in forums, we are aware that certain difficulties might occur (e.g. a missing quest item) while playing the Mountain Clan Campaign maps. While we believe that we are close to finding a proper solution, we decided to do not deploy any new version during the weekend, as the risk of introducing even more bugs is too high.
    Right now we are focusing on additional tests, and hope to be able to offer more information about this topic at the beginning of the next week.
    Kind regards,
    The Settlers Online Team

is the more information then resulting going into a non announced maintenance?

Maybe i missed something if so I apologise

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    It is not a "hotfix" as the game is taken down , A "hotfix" is implemented to a live system, yours does not, it is " fix" please get the name correct.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by royavatar View Post
    It is not a "hotfix" as the game is taken down , A "hotfix" is implemented to a live system, yours does not, it is " fix" please get the name correct.
    Yes Please

And why didn't everyone get the reward for hot fix inconvenience? It appears only some players did.
    Last edited by Xibor; 26.11.18 at 17:06.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Yes Please

And why didn't everyone get the reward for hot fix inconvenience? It appears only some players did.
    It was not a reward but a compensation for losing troops, expensive buffs or even being stuck in a adventure for several days with a prem running on. I think it was sent to anyone who had finished or started a MCC venture after previous hotfix which messed things up.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    It was not a reward but a compensation for losing troops, expensive buffs or even being stuck in a adventure for several days with a prem running on. I think it was sent to anyone who had finished or started a MCC venture after previous hotfix which messed things up.
    So it appears - but while I have the Foot of the Mountain adventure in my inventory I didn't play it because I was specifically warned not to by BB because of the post on the main page so another player I know that finished the first one (but didn't have any problems) got the "compensation" but I didn't because I obeyed the warning. That's a terrible way to handle it.

I think anyone that had any of the MC adventures in their inventory should have gotten the so called "compensation".

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    So it appears - but while I have the Foot of the Mountain adventure in my inventory I didn't play it because I was specifically warned not to by BB because of the post on the main page so another player I know that finished the first one (but didn't have any problems) got the "compensation" but I didn't because I obeyed the warning. That's a terrible way to handle it.

I think anyone that had any of the MC adventures in their inventory should have gotten the so called "compensation".
    Well those who started one regardless of the warnings or did not see them had the risk of being stuck for days and lose the troops and materials used on buffs. No one knew when the fix would come exactly or what kind of compensations there would be, if any. Just by having a MCC venture in the inventory to qualify does not make much sense.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Well those who started one regardless of the warnings or did not see them had the risk of being stuck for days and lose the troops and materials used on buffs. No one knew when the fix would come exactly or what kind of compensations there would be, if any. Just by having a MCC venture in the inventory to qualify does not make much sense.
    Good to see the same few defending BB's odd decisions, lol. At least someone thinks they make sense....I do wonder just how daft they have to be before the MOD's/cheerleaders give in too.
    Last edited by lordloocan; 26.11.18 at 18:23.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Good to see the same few defending BB's odd decisions, lol. At least someone thinks they make sense....I do wonder just how daft they have to be before the cheerleaders give in too.
    I was not defending them at any point, please quote where I did? I think the reward was over the top in its amount. I also don't know the exact logic for BB choosing who were compensated but even the common sense says people who had zero chance to have any kind if issue should not get anything. I guess you wanted them to tell you beforehand so you could have had time to start an adventure to leech on the free compensation or why are you being so salty?
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 26.11.18 at 18:28.

World
    Sandycove
    ... but even the common sense says people who had zero chance to have any kind if issue should not get anything.
    I mentioned (somewhere) that someone got a reward who didn't have an adventure in play and didn't have any issues at all on the one they completed. Therefore they had 0% chance of an issue. And still they were compensated.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    I mentioned (somewhere) that someone got a reward who didn't have an adventure in play and didn't have any issues at all on the one they completed. Therefore they had 0% chance of an issue. And still they were compensated.
    Yeah but it could just be due the route he played, was lucky or skipped the task/parts that might have caused issues. Managing till end with no issues does not mean there was no risk of having em. That's quite different from not even starting an adventure. The compensation seemed to be given to anyone who had a bug or had a chance to have one. Maybe they did not have enough tracking data to distinct between the two situations or analyzing all the possible bug combinations might have taken too much time.

Reply to Thread