Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 26-11-2018 bug

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

26-11-2018 bug

Hi, after todays "hot fix" I can not continue my The People of the Mountain, game only gives option to revert it to start menu so its imposible load that venture.
    As far I know bug only occurs in A Giant Battle.
    I invested troops, items and time into doing it so dont make choice for me and let me finish it....

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Maybe the adventure tasks or elements were bugged beyond a reliable fix the only choice was to cancel all like they said.

World
    Newfoundland
    this was the info from BB:
    All MCC adventures will be stopped and ended during the update. All affected players will receive a generous gift mail. All ended MCC adventures will go back to the star menu and can be started again.
    Leader of The Hell Unleashed [THU] on Newfoundland
    Addicted to Settlers, coffee and chocolate, in that order

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    All MCC adventures will be stopped and ended during the update. All affected players will receive a generous gift mail. All ended MCC adventures will go back to the star menu and can be started again.
    What defines affected players? There was a player that got the reward even though they had only played At the Foot of the Mountain, was done with it, and didn't have any problems. I didn't get the reward - I have the first adventure but I didn't play it because I was specifically warned not to by the post by BB on the main page. Doesn't seem quite fair to me.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    What defines affected players? There was a player that got the reward even though they had only played At the Foot of the Mountain, was done with it, and didn't have any problems. I didn't get the reward - I have the first adventure but I didn't play it because I was specifically warned not to by the post by BB on the main page. Doesn't seem quite fair to me.
    Had exactly the same Xibor. Have to love the thought processes at BB HQ

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Also what denotes a generous gift?

Hopefully the problem has been sorted but the reputational impact to BB and the apparent lack of empathy to customers is still a long way from being acceptable.

I have been stuck since Thursday evening when I would have finished the adventure. As well as the troops, resources and buff weapons lost to no avail I have also missed out on being able to make use of my premium time on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and today. I would assume therefore any generous gift would include refunding my wasted premium and the buff weapons I used to help minimise my losses when taking out the extra camps in the misguided hope that they would unlock the required tools to continue the adventure.

As such whilst the gift is appreciated, I am still not happy with BB attitude which has been; no reply to my follow up support tickets, no replacement for my lost / wasted premium, no replacement for the buff weapons wasted, no replacement for the resources invested in the game. And that is despite the fact they have acknowledged and fixed the problem.

Come on BB do the right thing and sort out a proper compensation package on an individual basis based upon individual impact.

Also I would be interested in knowing what other peoples experience has been with starting the returned adv. Have the zone buffs carried forward or are my losses going to be even greater on the replacement adventure because of the lack of zone buffs?

For those interested, the "gift" I received was; 100 crystals, 3K Obsidian Ore and 1 Day Premium. This feels ok for the loss of resources and impact to my game time but I still feel ripped off and let down by BB as I feel that as a minimum I am due a further 4 days premium, a Big Catapult, a couple of Arrows and a couple of Assassins. Those are the things that are important to me as a player - especially the premium.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    Umm where exactly was that info? Not anywhere that I could find.

Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I didn't get the reward - I have the first adventure but I didn't play it because I was specifically warned not to by the post by BB on the main page. Doesn't seem quite fair to me.
    Did the same as you. Dont think I should get anything. Common sense.
    We rolled the dice (or in this case didnt) and lost. It happens.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 26.11.18 at 18:53.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    We rolled the dice (or in this case didnt) and lost. It happens.
    I don't think I agree with you. It sounds like you are saying by "rolling the dice" that we gambled by observing a warning and acting appropriately? If I had known, I would have "rolled the dice" by playing anyway despite the warning knowing that at the worst I'd have to restart the adventure and get a very nice lot of ore and a premium day by doing so. This just reinforces the idea of ignoring warnings.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I can understand ppl being stuck getting 3k obsidian ore if what i hear is true .....but from what i been told you could have any mcc map active and still got paid out even if u wasnt stuck if thats the case then dont think that is fair like others i didnt start a MCC as i didnt want to get stuck

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    I did get the obsidian, but I had no active map. I do have people of the mountain in star, so technically I'm busy with the chain.

Reply to Thread