Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Guide or no guide

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I look at Guides just to see the path they take, I dont do blocking moves (cos Im a bad player) and i dont do adventures often.

So I usually look at a few guides then sim my own, unlike Wulf my losses wont prolly be lower but thats ok cos I dont do em often.

My normal routine is pick a day I can spare the time and then use 1 PREM token and try to do as many Valient Little Tailors as possible using
    the Merry Christmas General with skilled for max xp. I can do 4 but usually only get 3 done due to lazyness

The reason i Sim is cos my Mary is skilled for 215 troops and the guides dont cover that normally.
    I use this sim https://www.settlerscombatsimulator.com/en

Adventures I do the most are Traitors during events cos they normally give good event currency and can be done very quickly
    When leveling up I did lots of Stealing from the Rich. but at the moment my big XP grinder is Valient Little Tailor.

So as I dont adventure often, I spend a lot of troops on multiple Valients and then spend a good while rebuilding before doing it again.

I have my own guides for these which I simmed.
    Last edited by KingTheodred; 05.12.18 at 03:55.

World
    Sandycove
    I use guides as a starting point of how I might approach things. But I look for places of high losses and/or too many waves of generals and start to modify based on my general's skills and my style. I also look for opportunities for additional or different blocks, etc. What I end up with can be much different than the original. Plus input from others, my wife (who is great at designing very interesting custom blocks), forum posts, any source that makes sense.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    I use my own guides,during events and its a map I haven't done before I'll look at evil/corona and wiki to design/alter one for my own use.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    Should you
    If you buy a game on dvd or so. do you then go online to find a cheat guide, thats not game play thats cheating 100%
    I understand your point that using a guide and making sure you have exactly the same generals with the same troops and doing everything the guide says is not as creative as what you say you do but it is not cheating in my opinion. Cheating would be using some hidden keystrokes (like the cheat guides you mention) to make your troops have 999,999 health and 999,999 damage. Using a guide still requires you have the economy to make the troops, get them there, do the attacks with the timing that is required in some cases, positioning the generals correctly, not loading the wrong troops, making sure you can finish in the allowed time, having enough reserve troops in case something does go wrong, and more.

So yes, it's an easier path to use a guide but it's not a guaranteed win like a cheat. And I would bet players that rely on their own customized guides and not someone else's are farther ahead in the game.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    I never stated they where not usefull. that they are , i find my self corecting them all the time for my benefits.
    So you use guides yourself. By your own admission you're cheating and not actually playing the game. What's the point of your rather provocative posts then? To troll?

Reply to Thread