Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Roll Back Mail Window

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle

Roll Back Mail Window

I have made a cpl of comments about mail in jest, but now its time to get serious...

Roll back the mail window to how it was for years past.

the "improvements" just make it clunky and awkward to use. To put it bluntly, its rubbish and nothing like players wanted. imo it worked gr8 b4.

Now it doesn't even work at all. last night i tried to send a guild mail and had to ask others to do it for me (didnt work out as well as i;d hoped lol). this morning trying to sort out xmas stuff for guild with a fellow officer i cant send personal mail either.

The amount of bugs introduced over the last cpl of months is incredible. with all the new content and numerous events introduced this year it would be a shame to limp into the New Year with a game that feels like it's going to grind to a halt at any moment!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Totally agree vigabrand. The new mail system is so poor I have gone back to deleting individual mails from my inbox one at a time, as before the 'improvement'. The new system also holds the risk of your whole inbox being deleted in one hit, and BB say that cannot be reversed despite me trying to explain to support how to do it when I lost 5 years of saved important mails.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    As someone who only really uses the mail system to retrieve loot from explorers/adventures I really like the new mail system, I presume I am not the only one.

The developers were probably unaware that some people were using the internal mail system as a social media platform, another redesign would probably be required to facilitate both types of players.

World
    Newfoundland
    Mail system is the best its ever been.
    New mass select/delete/etc system is great.

Problem is as always the communication/bugs.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah I also love the new mail system and would never want to go back to the old click fest implementation. The mass select/delete however should never include read/unread player mails for safety purposes and it's not that big of an issue them manually one by one if needed.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    I have made a cpl of comments about mail in jest, but now its time to get serious...

the "improvements" just make it clunky and awkward to use. To put it bluntly, its rubbish and nothing like players wanted. imo it worked gr8 b4.

Now it doesn't even work at all. last night i tried to send a guild mail and had to ask others to do it for me (didnt work out as well as i;d hoped lol). this morning trying to sort out xmas stuff for guild with a fellow officer i cant send personal mail either.

The amount of bugs introduced over the last cpl of months is incredible. with all the new content and numerous events introduced this year it would be a shame to limp into the New Year with a game that feels like it's going to grind to a halt at any moment!
    A workaround for this problem is to ask somebody to send you a mail, once you have read it you should find you can send both guild and direct mails again.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    cant realy see anything new with the mail box. only diff is i can now put a tick in the mail i want to delete so bulk delete. but it takes just as long to go through ticking boxes as it does to just hit the x maybe takes longer mass deleting than manuel deleting.
    cause u get the securty question popping up which slows things down.
    Thought it was supposed to split the mail into diff catagories so u could find mail easier.
    So the sneek peek is nothing like what we actualy got.
    Everything in the mail box is exactly the same as before the change. So no improvements at all like we were told we would get.

only time i use mass delete is battle reports. it can take ages to tick all the boxes. so its faster just to click the x on each rep and delete that way. Especialy if there is a few pages of them as u have to keep scrolling down the list to tick them all when hitting the x does the same job but faster.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff60 View Post
    Everything in the mail box is exactly the same as before the change. So no improvements at all like we were told we would get.
    Maybe you don't know how to use it but we got all the features listed in the sneak peek, mainly the filters and the new button to accept all loot and explorer mails with a couple of clicks intead of hundreds.

https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...l-Improvements

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    and what about the really useful icon next to portrait that doesn't work anymore

TY Doro for the workaround, I'll try that if it the problem happens again. I was hoping for the mail to be something more like Outlook, with folders. At least my rant has brought up some (hopefully interesting) feedback about mail for bb to take onboard.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post

I agree, BB have made it worse than it has ever been.
    Either roll it back or make one box to check and mass delete battle reports only.

Oh and it might pay to take note of my forum signature below
    Last edited by KC-Grim; 06.12.18 at 09:55.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it

Reply to Thread