Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Xmas Event 2018

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    My 4th Christmas. Liked the event very much.
    Good that not all merch items are attainable, means you need to prioritise and it's not just a giveaway with people grabbing everything.
    This also helped maintain TO values for presents to the very end, good for those who choose to sell (not so good for people who like to grab event resources last minute )
    Spawn rates of collectables seemed more balanced than in previous years.
    Love the market.
    Gift tree is garbage sorry.
    Calendar door items very good, imp float res good, nice to have non tradeables in merch.
    Fake market side quests decent.

Thumbs up from me

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Collectibles were balanced this event. Nice event.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I loved the variety of items available in this event. It wasn't possible for me to get everything, but that was ok, as it forced me to decide what I most wanted. I am VERY happy with my level 4 Christmas market buffing 30 buildings twice a day. The Christmas gift tree is a fun idea and I'm glad I got one, but I can't always tell what I get from it, which is disappointing. And the new explorer and geologist are very useful. I would have liked to get a skin for one of my noble residences, but there were just too many other things I wanted more. Maybe next year...

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Gift tree is not worth it at all. Way too poor items compared to price.
    Too hard if you want everything. Not even with real money (gems) is it possible, unless you pay very much money. Other events have been more balanced when spending real money. I spent much less gems this event, because items were too expensive (approx 3 times more than usual?). I normally play to get the "need to have" items, and use gems to get the remaining "nice to have" items. Didn't do that this time. I think I spent like 1/3 of the gems I normally spend on such events.
    I wanted to upgrade the market, but too much real money required to make that happen.

I think the rest of the event was pretty good and balanced like others also mentioned.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Overall it was nice as usual. The xmas market building would have been a great addition to my island if the costs weren't so prohibitive for me. For those that engaged relentlessly in TO to upgrade it to the highest level, you have my admiration!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Generally I felt the event was fine; it did skew the rewards quite heavily towards players with a full stable of explorers, however. For players who have purchased some gems, and were slow and strategic in using those to buy gem pits and then all the purchasable explorers, this wasn't a major problem, but our guildies who either are newer, not gem buyers, or less strategic with gem pits and explorers struggled to get more than a few thousand presents. The christmas market is great, but doesn't work all that well for players who only log on occasionally. But there are plenty of buffs that work for occasional players, so I'm happy to see something that rewards strategic planning and all that.

I'm really puzzled by the gift tree, though; it seems like the interface for it was never finished, and my tree refresh happened somewhat after the 1 week point.
    -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
    ~~~~~~~ Lagoon Guild [LAGN] (Newfoundland) ~~~~~~~
    Lagoons are tranquil. They are made of water. People are made of water, too.
    But people are not lagoons, even if you sometimes find people in lagoons.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    The new explorer .. think people are missing something here ..... give him sturdy shovel 3 (to make him great in events for event items) but then give him artefact search ... he brings back up to 4 buffs per search ... and they could all be rainbow snows. One aretefact search with the right skills takes him about 18-19 hours pretty much perfect for people who are logging in once per day.

Christmas Market .. IF levelled up was a nice addition and a good sink for people to use presents on ... some will argue this was a negative .. but for traders it kept prices fairly consistent through to the end of the event.

The negatives .. Gift Tree - yuk .. so far only been getting trash from this .... barrels and scarecrows ... very disappointing such trash shouldn't have been included in its lengthy loot table given its cost... and smelter calendar being bugged - not working on epic smith at all despite the description and not fixed (yet)

Please don;t make xmas event like the others where we need to do tonnes of adventures top get event items ... we have those already with the others .. having the slower pace of the christmas event without the pressure to do multiple adventures ... means less arguments with family etc

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Great event again. Gladly those too easy event are over. Not get enough gifts to get everything what I wanted but get what I served. Game is overall anyway getting better, not so much useless materials. almost everything needed somewhere. nice job

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Xmas 2018 Event - overall pretty good. It was nice to see a mix of present rewards - new buildings and enhanced geo.
    The xmas market is very god idea - so we can decide next year to use our presents on any new items or upgrade the ones we purchased this year - it would have been nice if the market could "over buff" so that the 100%/200% etc would get applied even if the building in the affected area already had other buffs applied to it. The same way other area buffs are used.
    Present giving xmas tree is a bit confusing - they show a present at the required time, which you click on and nothing happens. I see the tear this building down prompt but nothing to say what the present was ( assuming it did give me something )

dameanie
    was nt able to play as much as i wanted but managed to get everything on the wish list thanks great event nice and relaxed style most i have talked to think it was a job well done and implemented TY

Reply to Thread