Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 119

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Xmas Event 2018

  1. #11
    Quartermaster Kotugo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    259
    World
    Northisle
    why is the endless coal mine 12500 gems? A recycler costs 950 gems and it is only 3x (6x with science buff) faster, shouldn't it be closer to 6000 gems?

  2. #12
    Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    680
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    why is the endless coal mine 12500 gems? A recycler costs 950 gems and it is only 3x (6x with science buff) faster, shouldn't it be closer to 6000 gems?
    It does not have to match the price 1:1 and recyclers are limited item anyways. With all the positives: it does not take regular space on the island, you can build it on a fast deposit, mining guide works on it, it has a very low production time, it has an extra +1 to the base production output. At test server I tried it with a rainbow on the best possible location and it produced around ~29k coal per 12h and that's how I was planning to run it myself. It matches around 12 recyclers with steaks. So in short it's a lot more convenient to buff than several recyclers and does not eat up any space.

  3. #13
    Ruler of the Land topgearfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,116
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Yeah store size must be an error as the graphics and layout was always the same size as regular storehouse at test. I'v noticed that BB sometimes internally counts the road space as one tile so 3x3 might be a result of that.
    There is an explanation by BB how they count the grid buried somewhere in the forum. Also relevant to the xmas market.
    Fighting windmills since Aug 2012.

  4. #14
    Jolly Advisor Wulfmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    194
    World
    Newfoundland
    Can we also confirm that the area buffs all cover the same area (ie, 4*4 squares)

    The descriptions are inconsistent:

    Code:
    Smelter Calendar	Area buff with a 2-square radius. Buffs Smelters and Epic Smelters in the vicinity by 100% for 8 hours
    
    Efficient traps		Area buff with a 2-square radius. Buffs hunters, deerstalkers and improved deerstalkers in the vicinity by 200% for 12 hours
    
    Kitty lure		Area buff (4x4) for up to 4 (Impr.) Farms, (Impr.) Silos and Mills Production +100% for 24 hours
    
    Forest Offerings	Area buff (4x4) for up to any 4 Woodcutters, Foresters and Sawmills Production +100% for 12 hours

  5. #15
    Dedicated Scribe Areop-Enap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    464
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmeister View Post
    Can we also confirm that the area buffs all cover the same area (ie, 4*4 squares)

    The descriptions are inconsistent:

    Code:
    Smelter Calendar	Area buff with a 2-square radius. Buffs Smelters and Epic Smelters in the vicinity by 100% for 8 hours
    
    Efficient traps		Area buff with a 2-square radius. Buffs hunters, deerstalkers and improved deerstalkers in the vicinity by 200% for 12 hours
    
    Kitty lure		Area buff (4x4) for up to 4 (Impr.) Farms, (Impr.) Silos and Mills Production +100% for 24 hours
    
    Forest Offerings	Area buff (4x4) for up to any 4 Woodcutters, Foresters and Sawmills Production +100% for 12 hours
    Kitty Lure, Trap and Offerings all cover the same size area (4 buildings set in a square) so assume smelter calendar is the same. Don't ask me why BB decided on two different explanations though :P
    There is something in the nature of tea that leads us into a world of quiet contemplation of life. ─Lin Yutang

  6. #16
    Jolly Advisor Wulfmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    194
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Areop-Enap View Post
    Kitty Lure, Trap and Offerings all cover the same size area (4 buildings set in a square) so assume smelter calendar is the same. Don't ask me why BB decided on two different explanations though :P
    That was my assumption too, but clarity is always nice.

  7. #17
    Pathfinder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    4
    World
    Sandycove
    Dear BB - I love how the start of the event broke absolutely all the things and was so bad that it required a hotfix within the hour; and your first post on the forum is to update us that you've made a mistake in marking the improved floating as tradable. Maybe start at another end, the how we broke the game post?

  8. #18
    Ruler of the Land topgearfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,116
    World
    Newfoundland
    The "Improved Floating Residence" was mistakenly marked as being tradable. This has since been corrected. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    Interesting. I thought there was a chance this was not a mistake because of:
    You'll also be pleased to hear that we've updated our "Improved" Christmas Surprise to include the brand new Improved Floating Residence!
    making the building technically not limited.
    Fighting windmills since Aug 2012.

  9. #19
    Glorious Graduate Syltom1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    147
    World
    Newfoundland
    Could you please add "1 Toy Duck = 5 Small Christmas Stalls" in the description? So that I don't have to ask in chat, and someone doesn't have to refer me to some wiki pages. Much obliged.
    Last edited by Syltom1; 10.12.18 at 13:58.

  10. #20
    Pathfinder
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2
    World
    Northisle
    A "Stuffed Rabbid" or is it a "Stuffed Rabbid Rabbit"?
    I guess the real question is what do you call an Easter egg at Christmas time?

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.