Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Xmas Event 2018

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Elco View Post
    The Christmas Market doesn't buff workyards which are already buffed even though in its zone of buffing.

If you've got a lvl4 Christmas Market, the buffing effect is equivalent to putting a snow on each building and if you have 2 Markets, then you can run the upgraded one 24/7.
    I don't think anybody would be able to have so many snow buff in his/her star to increase production over such a long period of time.
    Do please note that zone buff do stack up on top of the Market buff.
    So individual buff = no when within the area of the Christmas Market and zone buff = yes to increase even more the corresponding prod of a workyard already buffed by the Christmas Market.

As for the upgrade costs, those are clearly indicated in the Dev Diary to which you are now replying, so those shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody unless one hasn't been bothered to read it before complaining or asked questions is either the Help chanel or Guild Chanel.
    It say nowhere in de Dev diariy it only is buffing the unbuffed building. So it only equil in buffing with the Hot Dogs. So as other said first it is almost a GEMS SCAM. If you play 24hrs you can not get 8000 present or more, i have the numbers not exactly,. If you already have it say you have bought a lot of GEMS or are in a big Guild and you could have a huge stockpile to trade for the presents. Otherwise with regular playing it is not giving a good buff.

World
    Newfoundland
    2 christmas market one of which upgraded to max is pretty balanced for cost imo. Considering you get the second one for free.
    My guess is it is there to give people like me with max upgraded explorers a place to put excess presents. No more complaints of event being over in 2 days.
    This year BB has put a lot of new content in event shops and of the practical items majority have been well balanced. How can anyone still complain? Would you prefer no new content?
    If it was about bugs id understand but going into some weird real money scam theories is nonsense. Dev diaries have more detail than ever. Making stuff up and after complaining that it doesnt work like that in reality gets you nowhere. Make sure first if you cant handle disappointment. Its not hard.
    Btw you really dont gain much by playing 24h at xmas event as far as gathering event resources.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSwingArcus View Post
    It say nowhere in de Dev diariy it only is buffing the unbuffed building. So it only equil in buffing with the Hot Dogs. So as other said first it is almost a GEMS SCAM. If you play 24hrs you can not get 8000 present or more, i have the numbers not exactly,. If you already have it say you have bought a lot of GEMS or are in a big Guild and you could have a huge stockpile to trade for the presents. Otherwise with regular playing it is not giving a good buff.
    Well no where does it say it goes on top of other buffs either and that's how the game has always worked with buffs unless otherwise mentioned. It equals a zombie, hot dog or even a rainbow depending how you want to use it. It's a very superior building to many other buildings you can get in any of the events but of course it will come at a cost.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSwingArcus View Post
    Very well put Mannerheim!

Otherwise, it all depends on what one define as "regular play". I have other the years collected a decent amount of explorers and patiently skilled them up to bring me as many rewards as possible especially during events.
    This (and also the sale of an arabian palace for presents) contributed entirely to the different upgrades of my christmas market.
    Like I said, you only need to have the right tools and set your goals accordingly. Send your explorers in the morning and they'll come back either in the evening or the next morning full of presents. That's not even time consumming! Sell unwanted and/or highly sought after buildings and before you know it, you might even get something more than your original target.
    TSO has always been a game about balancing things out. Be it prod or even events goals, but too rarely and rightfully can one have all that he wants if one cannot invest more time in the game. It is only fair and from my little experience, matches real life in that regard.
    Last edited by Elco; 26.12.18 at 15:02.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    does anyone know if the candid explorer is supposed to return "4x the loot" - meaning 4x artifacts - if skilled for an artifact search? don't want to assign that skill if he doesn't, it'd be too expensive to refund the books and such.
    -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
    ~~~~~~~ Lagoon Guild [LAGN] (Newfoundland) ~~~~~~~
    Lagoons are tranquil. They are made of water. People are made of water, too.
    But people are not lagoons, even if you sometimes find people in lagoons.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by rathbone93 View Post
    does anyone know if the candid explorer is supposed to return "4x the loot" - meaning 4x artifacts - if skilled for an artifact search? don't want to assign that skill if he doesn't, it'd be too expensive to refund the books and such.
    I assume it's same mechanic assigned as Courageous used for Candid, but with but quadruple output instead. I believe it's intended. Courageous explorers has been bringing two buffs from artifact search since their introduction into the game.
    Last edited by Areop-Enap; 27.12.18 at 07:59.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by rathbone93 View Post
    Tested him on the test server and he did bring back 4 buffs

And just to reinforce that the artifact search is listed under the treasure tab and the candid says will bring back 4x the loot no matter what kind treasure search
    Last edited by hades8840; 27.12.18 at 11:13.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    That's great, thanks for confirming. I've learned "not to take these sorts of things for granted..."
    -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
    ~~~~~~~ Lagoon Guild [LAGN] (Newfoundland) ~~~~~~~
    Lagoons are tranquil. They are made of water. People are made of water, too.
    But people are not lagoons, even if you sometimes find people in lagoons.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Elco View Post
    Very well put Mannerheim!

Otherwise, it all depends on what one define as "regular play". I have other the years collected a decent amount of explorers and patiently skilled them up to bring me as many rewards as possible especially during events.
    This (and also the sale of an arabian palace for presents) contributed entirely to the different upgrades of my christmas market.
    Like I said, you only need to have the right tools and set your goals accordingly. Send your explorers in the morning and they'll come back either in the evening or the next morning full of presents. That's not even time consumming! Sell unwanted and/or highly sought after buildings and before you know it, you might even get something more than your original target.
    TSO has always been a game about balancing things out. Be it prod or even events goals, but too rarely and rightfully can one have all that he wants if one cannot invest more time in the game. It is only fair and from my little experience, matches real life in that regard.
    This part for the site is for feedback they ask feedback so i give my feedback. So it is an opinon like yours too. Not to argue about. Big diffrence is that The descreption of the market not says it will not work if the building is buffed. So my complain is about the gamemechanics and the information they give. I am very long to as a settlers only have small part of less in explores. Enough but not to get 8 K of presents. It is diffuctult to know what will multiplay and not, the regular buffs and the the zone buff will add on each other So why not the building. It was bit more far to put a disclaimer on the building. Communication is the key but often My experience is that BB search for the blindspot or grey area. The made it a grey area to , So people are mistaken and need to buy Blue gems to get it working because they also choose to make the building tradebale for people who are richs presents or High LV so they see the huge value of this building. Otherwise it is made to get people thinking the need to buy Blue gems to get thing working. They are as company free to do that but do not make a forum post and ask for feedback. So i am right to have my opinion and say i sometimes do not like there choices. . I guess you are way smarter then i am. I did check half it on the testserver but i had no time to test the builing how it worked. Because of wiping Testserver, often my friend are gone for nice buffing.

Define of regular is playing ,to work together wih your guide, buff each production and fight lots of adventures together to get the exra present or event currency. Now it about the choises made earlier event which Explores you did bought and also if you are high lv you have maybe the Book reciepie if you are lower lv you can not have maxed out your explores. I am here from beta testing, so do not say i am a noob, yeah again you can say because it is an opinion.
    Last edited by RedSwingArcus; 28.12.18 at 06:20. Reason: Add some extra Toughts

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Let's clear up one miscomprehension you have, the market is not a zone buff. It's a area buff and the dev diary makes it quite clear that it is a area buff, it works exactly the same way as the area buffs we already have in game. This is not a new buff mechanism being introduced to the game therefore there is no need to provide a detailed explanation of how it works. It's not even the only area buff introduced in this event and the other came with a lot less verbiage than the market.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread