Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Xmas Event 2018

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I think that we should get presents from running adds as well as from explorers. In addition, the Christmas market is very costly for what you getting. 4000 presents to upgrade to lvl 4 and then you are lucky to get a couple of extra buildings covered in the buff. Not to mention the fact, that the buff only lasts for 12 hours. So you get a 4x buff for 12 hours but that really isn't an advantage over buffing the buildings with 2x for 24 hours and yet it costs 4000 presents. What were you guys thinking when you came up with that?
    Last edited by _Aszbhar; 09.01.19 at 01:16. Reason: Please keep your comments approriate for a PEGI 7 audience

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Christmas events are the best in general. My opinion for this one, especially rewards from merchant:

Versed Geologist - really great, I made him my primary geologist with upgrading by books
    Candid Explorer - interesting, not so special if he is "slow" like regular explorer, but quadruple reward compensates it little ;-)
    Gift Christmas Tree - did not get interesting rewards until now (4 rewards in total) but free present is still better than none present ;-)
    Improved Floating Residence - great, I like the idea how it is not necessary to upgrade it
    Gingerbread Storage - great, like improved fl. residence, not necessary to upgrade it, big instant storage capacity is nice
    Christmas Market - DISASTER - sorry, this one is really bad in all ways - upgrading with presents? big NO; moving since level 2 is not free? big NO; if you have more than 1 building, bonus is active only near building where it was activated? big NO - this building really disappoints me
    Milan

20th July 2021: TSO died with Unity. RIP.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    loved the event best thing for me was the xmas market i will assume all the ones complaining over it weren't able to fully upgrade its only then you see its true worth...being able to buff 30 buildings with x4 buff is worth its wieght in gold in the long run...
    the explorer is great also slow but nice now on an artifact search....
    only thing i didnt like was the xmas tree most of the rewards are pointless for once a week wont miss them...

but must point out to get thoses presents took more work trading then it would of been playing adventures ...BB are always saying xmas event is a relaxing event its not when you have to find so much...you should add adventures to the xmas event then ppl can pick if they want to do them or just chill ...

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjo-Hunter View Post
    I think that we should get presents from running adds as well as from explorers. In addition, the Christmas market is very costly for what you getting. 4000 presents to upgrade to lvl 4 and then you are lucky to get a couple of extra buildings covered in the buff. Not to mention the fact, that the buff only lasts for 12 hours. So you get a 4x buff for 12 hours but that really isn't an advantage over buffing the buildings with 2x for 24 hours and yet it costs 4000 presents. What were you guys smoking when you came up with that?
    Umm... you need to recheck what you are talking about... [removed]

Level 3 to 4 will increase the cover to 10-20 extra buildings depending of where its placed. Also the 4x output is definitely an advantage as you will get 4x output for the same production costs (input materials). With 2x buffs you would have to use at least 48 hours to get the same amount of resources produced as level 4 market does in 12h and you would still be using the double amount of resources required for the production.

Last edited by _Aszbhar; 09.01.19 at 01:10. Reason: Please keep your comments approriate for a PEGI 7 audience

World
    Northisle
    I hope we will have new buff who can change 3xWW, 3xToW and Besieged City requests in weekly quests for something other less time-killer ...
    eat a beaver - save a tree

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfatalerror View Post
    Christmas events are the best in general. My opinion for this one, especially rewards from merchant:

Versed Geologist - really great, I made him my primary geologist with upgrading by books
    Candid Explorer - interesting, not so special if he is "slow" like regular explorer, but quadruple reward compensates it little ;-)
    Gift Christmas Tree - did not get interesting rewards until now (4 rewards in total) but free present is still better than none present ;-)
    Improved Floating Residence - great, I like the idea how it is not necessary to upgrade it
    Gingerbread Storage - great, like improved fl. residence, not necessary to upgrade it, big instant storage capacity is nice
    Christmas Market - DISASTER - sorry, this one is really bad in all ways - upgrading with presents? big NO; moving since level 2 is not free? big NO; if you have more than 1 building, bonus is active only near building where it was activated? big NO - this building really disappoints me
    I agree with majority of the above
    the xmas market tho seriously how many presents did it need to level up thats why mine is staying at level 1

yes you gave us new stuff i love the imp floatys, good idea on the gingerbread stores and new explorer was meh he was slow like tavern but cool gives loads extra treasure in hunts

i did see somone say they would liked more ways eg addys to get pressys
    i know xmas normally laid back event and not really addy based but i do feel yes the event about choices choosing what you want the most but not everyone has loads of res to trade etc to get extra pressys in
    not everyone buys gems so cant get them that way so maybe just maybe if keep adding more choices there should be more ways to get pressys espech if do wanna upgrade the market or get maybe more of the buildings that some of us managed to get
    dont get me wrong i liked the challenge of having to pick what i could or couldnt get and tbh if wasnt for a friend ingame i wouldnt been able to get much more than maybe mary and the explorer and the geo, but with her help i got a couple of buildings as well as santa

but overall i liked the event even if it was a challenge as didnt have many explorers to help get presents

World
    Sandycove
    I like the overall Christmas event format going way back: Calendar doors, no presents from adventures to avoid the urge of adventure grinding, adventures to simply deliver toys, etc. I hope it doesn't change.

This year specifically I like the new personnel (esp. Candid Explorer) and it was nice to see Mary available even if you already had one. The Candid Explorer because of the speed doesn't help me much normally..... but during events what a nice guy to have on your payroll.

The Gift Christmas tree is a cute idea and I'm glad I got one but it's so poorly implemented that it's almost not worth having one.

The biggest discussion I've seen is about the Christmas Market. For me it fit in perfectly for my needs. I took it to level 2, and stacked around it 'regular' smelters and weapons (bronze, iron, steel). I can buff them all 2x for a very inexpensive amount and for 12 hours they purr along. I've got my Footie Pitch running on a similar time so it's helping those weapons out while it's active. I'm happy to leave it like that because I never normally buffed those buildings anyway. So it's a definite gain - only because the cost of the market buff is so low.

My platinum swords and smelters and other buildings for the elite/high level work I would never run at only 2x. Those are stadium snack/rainbow snow/weapon boost targets so I didn't even consider them for the area around the market. Level the market to 3/4 in the future? Probably not. I don't have that many buildings I would want to run at the higher rate for only 12 hours. I think the market is excellent for lower level buildings.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm pleased with the Xmas markets. I have 2, one upgraded to level 4, the other level 2. I was able to position them in the middle of existing workshops & didn't have to move too many to get level 2 coverage. I alternate them but, with a cooldown period less than the 12 hours buff, I often have both running at the same time. It did cost an excessive amount to reach level 4 but the long term benefits will be substantial.
    Christmas trees a bit of a damp squid but at least free from now onwards.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    really disapointed on this event. Way to hard to get presents.And way to many items to buy for high amount of presents that isnt worth a coin tbh. Market oh no! tree also big no! rest was hmm best item this year was general Mary rest was just to fill shop out. Next year Ihope we can get something useful and a bit easier to find presents at leat explorers brings back more each round. Was easier couple of years ago and old players could help new players to get items easier.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Event was ok ... got one problem, duration of Christmas market buffs is 12h, i only use buffs 24+h, so even if i maid it lvl 4 i'm not using it

Reply to Thread