Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Xmas Event 2018

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    At a glance I am completely confused by it, but the data is there. Thanks for that.
    Lol, glad it's not just me that thinks it is muddled. I am also trying to work out what value the tree has in relation to the space it takes when my skilled explorers bring me a buff each every day, not weekly, and the adventures it gives are either readily available or co-ops not worth doing.

World
    Newfoundland
    I'm still confused by that table - do you get just the one from all rows of the colour applicable to your level, or one from each subtable? If the former, that makes the numbers hugely biased toward deposit fillers with the likelihood of other stuff almost zero.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmeister View Post
    I'm still confused by that table - do you get just the one from all rows of the colour applicable to your level, or one from each subtable? If the former, that makes the numbers hugely biased toward deposit fillers with the likelihood of other stuff almost zero.
    I think it's a table showing the weighting of the different chances within a group. The chances of item A vs item B are not necessarily, even - some are more likely than others. The "tickets" demonstrate the relative ratio of the weighting. The more tickets the more likely that item is.

As far as the colors, grey and white are available to all levels but grey will be 1/2 the shown reward until you are level 26. Yellow is only for 26+ and orange for 51+

What is completely unclear to me is it almost implies (by separating the table into groups) that you will get one from each group each week, but I doubt that will be the case. However it's open to interpretation based on the layout of the table.

At least that's how I'm interpreting it all, I have been known to be completely wrong in such things
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    What is completely unclear to me is it almost implies (by separating the table into groups) that you will get one from each group each week, but I doubt that will be the case. However it's open to interpretation based on the layout of the table.

At least that's how I'm interpreting it all, I have been known to be completely wrong in such things
    Separating the tables based on reward type was just so it was easier on the eyes for reading. You will be eligible for any of the rewards that your level meets: So for example, if you're level 51+, all of the rewards are possible to obtain. In this case, you can imagine us throwing all the "tickets" in a big tombola, and then for each Gift Christmas Tree you have, you get to pick one ticket out at random. The more tickets for a certain reward, the more chance you have of picking it.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    So for example, if you're level 51+, all of the rewards are possible to obtain.
    I'm assuming that refers only to those of the correct colour code for Level 51, and not all levels below as well.

If that is the case, then from a consolidated Level 51 table of:

that works out to about a 64% chance of getting a titanium or saltpetre deposit, and a huge 1% chance of things like bronze cauldrons, zombies or Arctic Explosion?

If the items from other colour-coded sections also apply, then that changes, obviously.

Titaniumor saltpetre deposits drop to around 9%, zombies et al fall to 0.15%, but there is the added bonus of a 3.3% chance of omniseeds.

I know this all sounds like I'm being negative , but actually, I'm not - come on guys, whatever it drops, it's free goodies, right? I'm just trying to work out the actual mechanics.

Either way, I'll not be relying on it dropping a Codex for a while (0.2% or .03%, depending)

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    All the colors are included in the pool and orange/red color just means the top tier - min level to get em. At test with my lvl 75 I think I clicked the tree over 20 times since it was added and mostly got things like pasta, sleepy reef/wild mary or poor refills.

It's not "free" in that sense that in the calendar you can pick other things that will be more valuable than the stuff you get from the tree in 1-2 years, even if you hit the <10 ticket items once a month. Same goes for the ~1700 presents it costs in the shop. It's more of a fun or novelty item that you wait click to every week and expect a lottery win of a codex

World
    Newfoundland
    I said free because you get a tree from the calendar - I wasn't thinking about the tree in the merchant.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yep but it's in a slot with other items which is why I mentioned them

World
    Newfoundland
    That's info I didn't have previously... what's it sharing a box with?

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    You can click the 24th door and it shows 1 gift tree, 2 ginger houses or 2 ginger storages to pick from

Reply to Thread