Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone found the optimal spot for xmas market

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

Has anyone found the optimal spot for xmas market

As the title says looking towards tomorrow has anyone worked out the best place to maximize the benefit if fully upgraded to 11x11 zone to place the market also does anyone know if a building has to be fully covered to receive the buff....i wasnt gonna try for this but then i thought +300 buff that i can reuse every 12 hrs for basically free have to try if i can find the best spot to use should cover 20 plus buildings

World
    Newfoundland
    Some examples in this thread on the test forums; https://forum.tsotesting.com/threads...ristmas-Market
    This post specifically; https://forum.tsotesting.com/threads...ll=1#post50268

Personally, I will place it in S9 and fit in 24 buildings; https://prnt.sc/lsn4mx (required to have some mountains destroyed though).
    Last edited by Nihilista; 09.12.18 at 12:08.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win."

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    ty yeah i am messing on test server at mo with a empty island

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Confused! It would be nice if, when you click on the Xmas marke,t it shaded the area affected.
    I've placed my first in what I thought was a good position but it is not clear what is & isn't covered. If there is a previous buff, the Xmas market one isn't stated. One workshop, not otherwise buffed, says Xmas market buff. Another I would have expected to be included based on its relative position & also not otherwise buffed, doesn't & I assume isn't.
    I'm also not sure what happens if the workshops aren't strictly adjacent, square by square. Sometimes there is a small gap. I don't want to move things a tiny bit if I don't have to.
    It would be nice if when you click on the market it shaded the area affected.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosejane View Post
    Confused! It would be nice if, when you click on the Xmas marke,t it shaded the area affected.
    I've placed my first in what I thought was a good position but it is not clear what is & isn't covered. If there is a previous buff, the Xmas market one isn't stated. One workshop, not otherwise buffed, says Xmas market buff. Another I would have expected to be included based on its relative position & also not otherwise buffed, doesn't & I assume isn't.
    I'm also not sure what happens if the workshops aren't strictly adjacent, square by square. Sometimes there is a small gap. I don't want to move things a tiny bit if I don't have to.
    It would be nice if when you click on the market it shaded the area affected.
    Click on the market, move the pop up box to one side then click on the level icon et voila! prnt.sc/lv0m4z

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    What about placing stores in there ? one of the screenshots didnt have any, wont that destroy some of the advantage ?

Why sacrifice walking times which will increase production times and reduce the affect vs the traditional method ?

Id like to see a plan with stores placed optimally

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by LordCerveau View Post
    What about placing stores in there ? one of the screenshots didnt have any, wont that destroy some of the advantage ?

Why sacrifice walking times which will increase production times and reduce the affect vs the traditional method ?

Place storehouses around the outside so you don't lose a space for a resource building. prnt.sc/m1wc6p prnt.sc/m1wcma

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by LordCerveau View Post

It will entirely depend which buildings you place around it. With higher production time building it will have little to no effect compared to the gain. Here is my S2/S5 with high production time buildings (12-40min) so the storages are outside the area. However if the building would have a small production time I would have placed 4 storages to the inner corners (arrows) and still have 26 buildings covered by the market: http://prntscr.com/m1w78b

I also have another one at S3 currently mainly for friaries but also as reserve for possible future additions or economic needs with a tighter storage network: http://prntscr.com/m1wdxm

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I put mine in sec9. I chose to put one storehouse within the buffing range to decrease production time (this way, only one building has a 14sec walk to a storehouse, and most are 8 or 10). There's still 3 more spots I could fill when I get around to using the demolition thingies, which would bring me up to 29 buildings:
    https://prnt.sc/m1xpvh
    -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
    ~~~~~~~ Lagoon Guild [LAGN] (Newfoundland) ~~~~~~~
    Lagoons are tranquil. They are made of water. People are made of water, too.
    But people are not lagoons, even if you sometimes find people in lagoons.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Yeah, in the star menu!

Reply to Thread