Reply to Thread

Thread: Versed Geologist Skills

World
    Newfoundland

Versed Geologist Skills

Given this description of his abilities

Name: Versed Geologist (Limit: 1)
    Description: A versatile geologist on all different types of deposits
    He finds 50% bigger deposits in half the normal time, and has a 50% chance at finding an additional deposit. Works on all deposits!

Do skills such as Two Iron in One, Natural Gold Vein and Natural Born Digger add to these base values to give increased chances of bigger/multiple deposits?

World
    Northisle
    I have not used him yet, but from experience with other geos I'd say that the perks from the geo itself always stacks with the skills. So the geos that give double deposits (Conscentious Geolosist) 100% of the time, with skills that "grand finding two deposits at once" will add another deposit. So if I send it to find marble, it always finds 2 deposits, but has (max) 24% to find a third.

Same with the Stone Cold geos (double stone/marble/granite deposits) or Iron-Willed geos (double iron deposits). Together with the Natural Born Digger they find deposits that are multiplied by 208%. So a deposit that is 500 iron becomes 1080 iron.

These skills also combine. So if a geo has a chance of an EXTRA deposit, but also BIGGER deposits, all the deposits found by that geo will have all skills applied.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    This is an old thread, but I would like to thank the developers for this great geologist. He is very useful for me. I would also like to say that the 50% chance of finding deposits seems to be broken. I just tested and it only found one deposit 5 times in a row. Statistically this should not be possible if he supposed to find a second deposit 50% of the time. Thus please have a look at that. It is really frustrating to count on this ability and to not be able to use it.

Thanks!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Betaniel View Post
    This is an old thread, but I would like to thank the developers for this great geologist. He is very useful for me. I would also like to say that the 50% chance of finding deposits seems to be broken. I just tested and it only found one deposit 5 times in a row. Statistically this should not be possible if he supposed to find a second deposit 50% of the time. Thus please have a look at that. It is really frustrating to count on this ability and to not be able to use it.

Thanks!
    Maybe each search is a separate chance so each time he goes out there's a 50% chance of a second deposit, and you've just been unlucky

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Betaniel View Post

Thanks!

50% chance is like flipping a coin. There are two possible outcomes; heads or tails. Hence 50% chance. This does not mean that it will be heads one time and then tails the next. It could easily be a running streak of one side or the other.

Reply to Thread