Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Market - how to use?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    It was never movable but maybe the dev diary tip caught you guys: "While it can't be upgraded, it does make it a perfect candidate for a storehouse you can move around very easily!" which essentially just means than you can quickly demolish it and rebuild it without losing anything.
    That was probably it - although obviously the "easy" move depends on other stores existing in the sector.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    On the basis of Kit_'s post on the 15th, I risked buying the Gingerbread Storage and can indeed confirm that it CAN replace an Island Storehouse. By providing a +50% (6000 unit) storage capacity increase over an L6 Island Storehouse, this building is IMO worthwhile.

I'm still very unhappy with the Christmas Market given its incomplete description in both the Dev Diary and Shop (ie no mention of unbuffed buildings only!). Still waiting on BB to respond fully to the support ticket, although they have actually acknowledged that their description isn't full/complete in this regard.

My issue is that only at L3 does it equal the performance of a standard +100% buff (eg Aunt Irma's Feast) which I use every day on (basically) every workyard on my island. At L4 it does outperform, but the upgrade cost isn't worth it IMO and if I new of the unbuffed limitation at the outset, I would not have bought one.

So far it seems BB's attitude regarding such matters is caveat emptor - I hope to be proved wrong.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dent_Arthur_Dent View Post
    I'm still very unhappy with the Christmas Market given its incomplete description in both the Dev Diary and Shop (ie no mention of unbuffed buildings only!). Still waiting on BB to respond fully to the support ticket, although they have actually acknowledged that their description isn't full/complete in this regard.
    Well technically it's not completely incomplete as it does what the description says and buffs works like the old ones do. They don't mention it being a buff over a buff nor saying it will replace any buff which would be a new mechanic to the game and would require a mention. It could have been more descriptive that it works to regular buildings only and not for Epic buildings for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Dent_Arthur_Dent View Post
    My issue is that only at L3 does it equal the performance of a standard +100% buff (eg Aunt Irma's Feast) which I use every day on (basically) every workyard on my island. At L4 it does outperform, but the upgrade cost isn't worth it IMO and if I new of the unbuffed limitation at the outset, I would not have bought one.
    Level 3 is +200% which means it's a 3x buff, level 4 is +300% which means 4x and is identical to zombie for example.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Thank you Mannerheim for your reply, however, I'm afraid I am going to have to reject everything you have said:-

1) I am not rating HOW complete/incomplete the Dev Diary is, only that it is NOT complete - for me it is a binary thing, it is either right or wrong and I maintain it is wrong because it is NOT complete (as BB have admitted to me via support - I still await their promised full response).

2) I maintain that the Christmas Market does NOT do what it is advertised to do. It says it "buffs workyards", but it should have said it "buffs unbuffed workyards".

3) As Epic builldings are "Epic Workyards" (ie not just "Workyards") I found no confusion there and hadn't expected these buildings to be buffed if inside the Market's "zone". The need special buffs too which only adds to their different status reinforcing their exclusion from Market buffs.

4) Given the Market is the first area buff BUILDING (I believe), it needed to be fully described as to its mechanics. Without any information to the contrary, its operation would be more logical if it operated like the Footie Pitch or Spring Park - ie zone wide buff buildings which ADD TO whatever the workyards are already doing regardless of their buff status (or have I got the mechanics of these buildings wrong all this time?).

5) In terms of performance, you need to factor in that the Market only buffs for 12 hours per day. At L3, +200% for 12 hours and +0% for 12 hours is the same daily production as +100% for 24 hours (ie the same as an Aunt Irma's Feast buff).

6) When comparing performance of the Market I believe you should only consider buffs that last 24 hours and can be produced by the player themselves. Shorter/longer buff durations (inc friend's +50% bonus) undermines the comparison and to buy shop buffs isn't realistic for large quantities or extended use. This limits meaningful comparison to Aunt Irma's Feasts as neither Red Flying Settlers, nor stadium Snacks can be produced in sufficient quantities for daily use on the number of workyards the Christmas Market is intended to work on (let alone two Markets given one comes with the main Christmas Event Quest too).

Sorry I couldn't agree with your post, but I don't think it portrayed the situation correctly.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    5) you can run it 24/7 if you want to as with 2 markets the cooldown is 10½h

6) There is not much point to even try to compare to self made buffs since the market outperforms all of em due the high percentage and almost "free" usage cost.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    5) You make a very good point about the cooldown period and this is something I hadn't considered (or even noticed actually - see point 5a).

5a) In checking out this issue I was alarmed to discover that once again both the Dev Diary and Shop listing are woefully incomplete. Neither mentions a cooldown period at all.

6) I accept that the Market induced buffs are (almost) free, but I'd argue that home produced buffs such as Aunt Irma's Feasts are sufficiently cheap (at least for mid to high level players with well developed islands) to be suitable for comparison purposes.

6a) My point though was that your comparison used Zombie buffs and I believe it is wrong to compare the Market to buffs you have to buy.

In conclusion, given the halved cooldown time making the Market's performance at L3 significantly superior to Aunt Irma's feasts, I think the Market is now a worthwhile building providing you get two and upgrade them to L3 and I sincerely thank Mannerheim for pointing this out.

I do think BB need their wrists slapped for their woefully incomplete information and strongly urge them to fully describe the mechanics of every new feature in future, especially new concepts such as the Market.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Also note that you do not need to upgrade both unless you want to use them on different locations in different times (cooldown is shared). You can place the other one to the map edge at level 1 just to halve the cooldown. The other one should be upgraded to level 4 if possible since the buff is so good and will help in multiple things later, eg. with Halloween cemeteries.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    will help in multiple things later, eg. with Halloween cemeteries.
    This one got me excited. Brilliant thinking.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    will help in multiple things later, eg. with Halloween cemeteries.
    ridiculous, i put bags of snow on mine. gl with ur puny market!

so now ur all gonna buy 2 markets and upgrade em both? I'm guessing it still wont stack with zone buffs. BB have lured u all in

The description should have explained the non stacking buff system. BB knew exactly how it worked and exactly what they were doing. Usually I put this kind of thing down to ambiguity possibly occurring during translation, but this combined with a gem sale so ppl can buy more in game items is blatant deception.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    ridiculous, i put bags of snow on mine. gl with ur puny market!

so now ur all gonna buy 2 markets and upgrade em both? I'm guessing it still wont stack with zone buffs. BB have lured u all in

The description should have explained the non stacking buff system. BB knew exactly how it worked and exactly what they were doing. Usually I put this kind of thing down to ambiguity possibly occurring during translation, but this combined with a gem sale so ppl can buy more in game items is blatant deception.
    as the market gives the same buff as a rainbow as in +300% when fully upgraded it isnt that puny at least it will never run out like u can when it comes to buffs and it acts like any normal buff so if a zone buff was to affect then it still will....and why would u need both markets upgraded one is enough as long as you have two you will never need to be unbuffed again

Reply to Thread