Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: Christmas Market - how to use?

  1. #41
    Original Serf
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    12
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks to halv12 for the link to the "Market Fails" thread, this identified that Market buffs only apply to workyards with their bottom corner within the buff area. Therefore, the L4 11x11 grid, being only 1x square ALL ROUND bigger than the L2/L3 9x9 grids, forces you to waste 3x potential building slots - the attached screenshot will hopefully explain what I mean.

    Here you will see my L4 Christmas Market surrounded by a regular(ish) grid of workyards. The outer red line indicates the workyards that are within the Market's 11x11 buff grid. Those on the bottom L+R sides are fully within the buff grid, whilst those on the top L+R sides are only within for half their building footprint, but including their all important "bottom corners".

    The purple lines indicate a 1x square empty space all around the Market - ie the Market is positioned in the middle 2x2 squares of a 4x4 grid thereby wasting three potential 2x2 building slots if you were to place the market in the corner of the 4x4 grid. However, if you move the Market one square in any direction the 11x11 grid then fails to cover the bottom corner of all the workyards it moves away from.

    I don't think I am missing anything obvious here, but it seems to me that it is simply not possible to cover more workyards that "two rings" around the Market because of this. The theoretical maximum number of 2x2 workyards an L4 Market could possibly buff is therefore 32, but I dont think there is anywhere on the island that can accommodate that. Here I've managed to get 26 workyards and I think that maybe the max possible, even with cleared mountains in zone 9.
    Attached Images

  2. #42
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,101
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dent_Arthur_Dent View Post
    Thanks to halv12 for the link to the "Market Fails" thread, this identified that Market buffs only apply to workyards with their bottom corner within the buff area. Therefore, the L4 11x11 grid, being only 1x square ALL ROUND bigger than the L2/L3 9x9 grids, forces you to waste 3x potential building slots - the attached screenshot will hopefully explain what I mean.

    Here you will see my L4 Christmas Market surrounded by a regular(ish) grid of workyards. The outer red line indicates the workyards that are within the Market's 11x11 buff grid. Those on the bottom L+R sides are fully within the buff grid, whilst those on the top L+R sides are only within for half their building footprint, but including their all important "bottom corners".

    The purple lines indicate a 1x square empty space all around the Market - ie the Market is positioned in the middle 2x2 squares of a 4x4 grid thereby wasting three potential 2x2 building slots if you were to place the market in the corner of the 4x4 grid. However, if you move the Market one square in any direction the 11x11 grid then fails to cover the bottom corner of all the workyards it moves away from.

    I don't think I am missing anything obvious here, but it seems to me that it is simply not possible to cover more workyards that "two rings" around the Market because of this. The theoretical maximum number of 2x2 workyards an L4 Market could possibly buff is therefore 32, but I dont think there is anywhere on the island that can accommodate that. Here I've managed to get 26 workyards and I think that maybe the max possible, even with cleared mountains in zone 9.
    i have 30 gold smelters covered by my market quite happy with that makes me more enough gold bars coupled with a bucket of sweets and frees up the 30 snacks i was using

  3. #43
    Original Serf
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    12
    World
    Sandycove
    hades8840, please could you post a picture of your 30x smelters

  4. #44
    Ruler of the Land topgearfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,258
    World
    Newfoundland
    whats the walking times like with this setup? how long is the worst one?
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

  5. #45
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,101
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    whats the walking times like with this setup? how long is the worst one?
    the worst smelter is 13 mins 20 secs but is only 1 like that but the smelters make just under 100k bars a day

  6. #46
    Original Serf
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12
    World
    Northisle
    In s2 you will find space for 30 buildings, here you go

    https://prnt.sc/m2byak

  7. #47
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cotswolds in UK
    Posts
    1,104
    World
    Northisle
    Looking for clarification please. If got a market at level 4 and have a 2nd market is there any gain to be has levelling up the 2nd one?

  8. #48
    Original Serf
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Looking for clarification please. If got a market at level 4 and have a 2nd market is there any gain to be has levelling up the 2nd one?
    No they will have a shared CD so i see no point in upgrading market nr 2, simply just place it to half CD ..

  9. #49
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cotswolds in UK
    Posts
    1,104
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratsie View Post
    No they will have a shared CD so i see no point in upgrading market nr 2, simply just place it to half CD ..
    Cheers

  10. #50
    Glorious Graduate Cylancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    114
    World
    Sandycove
    Did I got it right? The markets cannot be used to boost already buffed building. If that is true, than it is as useful as flowerbed, since there are much better buffs.

    Can I remove building without loosing those expensive upgrades?
    Last edited by Cylancer; 07.01.19 at 18:20.

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.