Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Market - how to use?

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Christmas Market - how to use?

Hi everyone,

I can't see that my Christmas Market makes any difference. I placed it in the middle of workyards and the green zone popup indicates 7-8 workyards are in the zone, yet when I turn it on I see no change to production, including:-

1) no visual indication on the map that the building is buffed by the market
    2) no indication in a buffed building's popup that it is producing more than normal
    3) no indication in the economy overview that the building (or total for that item) is producing more than normal.

Although not mentioned in the Dev Diary, I read in a forum post that it only works on buildings which are not otherwise already buffed. I haven't tested this myself yet, but surely that must be wrong, it is too much of a fundamental limitation for it to have been overlooked in the Dev Diary.

Am I missing something, or is it broken? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Dent_Arthur_Dent

World
    Newfoundland
    it will not buff buildings that are already buffed
    Leader of The Hell Unleashed [THU] on Newfoundland
    Addicted to Settlers, coffee and chocolate, in that order

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks Kit_ for your reply.

What a useless building then as even at L3 it only breaks even with Aunt Irma's Feast buffs given it can only operate for 12 out of 24 hours. I have asked BB to confirm via support system as frankly I am gobsmacked and furious by this omission from the Dev Diary - I've asked for a refund.

On a related front, does anyone know if the Gingerbread Storage can replace an Island Storehouse? Dev Diary doesn't say it can so presumably it can't, but given the above omission I thought I'd double check.

World
    Newfoundland
    I'd assume the gingerbread store can't replace a normal/island/improved store, given that it is a movable building, and therefore opens the possibility of accidentally removing the last store from an occupied sector.

As for the market, I'd guess you have to weigh the relative costs of producing the market buff against the individual buffs for all the affected buildings

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmeister View Post
    I'd assume the gingerbread store can't replace a normal/island/improved store, given that it is a movable building, and therefore opens the possibility of accidentally removing the last store from an occupied sector.
    incorrect
    gingerbread storage is NOT movable
    and it CAN replace a regular/island storehouse
    Leader of The Hell Unleashed [THU] on Newfoundland
    Addicted to Settlers, coffee and chocolate, in that order

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm disappointed too. I thought 5x5 would mean buffing 16 tightly packed workshops. It is actually only 8. Having said that, the buff itself is not all that expensive. I'll probably make a permanent position in the middle of, say, my bronze & iron swordsmiths for occasional use. The worst problem is the cost of moving them to make the empty spot. I'm not sure I'll upgrade unless I'm awash with presents at the end of the Event.
    https://forum.diesiedleronline.de/th...eihnachtsmarkt helped my understanding.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    just built mine and fully upgraded it will take a day to fully upgrade buildings already moved so it will cover 30 buildings in my case gold smelters well worth the effort couple with a bucket of sweets more then happy

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    incorrect
    gingerbread storage is NOT movable
    and it CAN replace a regular/island storehouse
    OK, I stand corrected. I was sure I'd read somewhere that it was movable, though - I remember being surprised when I read that.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmeister View Post
    OK, I stand corrected. I was sure I'd read somewhere that it was movable, though - I remember being surprised when I read that.
    thought I saw it was movable too... maybe it was on test and they changed their mind

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    It was never movable but maybe the dev diary tip caught you guys: "While it can't be upgraded, it does make it a perfect candidate for a storehouse you can move around very easily!" which essentially just means than you can quickly demolish it and rebuild it without losing anything.

Reply to Thread