Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51

Thread: Christmas Market - how to use?

  1. #31
    Jolly Advisor Wulfmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    196
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MeneerHepatica View Post
    What is bothering me is that you can only use 1 christmas market at the time.
    In the dev diary nothing is mentioned about that. Now i have two standing but can only use 1 at the time.
    Okay benefit is that i can use 1 every 12 hours instead of waiting for 24 hours.
    But still it's a bummer....
    Yeh, that kinda threw me too - as it stands I've decided to upgrade one and just shove the other one out in a corner somewhere out of the way just to reduce the cooldown. I see no benefit in trying to place it where I can surround it with workyards for buffing 'cos all the buildings I want buffed will be placed around the upgraded market.

  2. #32
    Erudite Pioneer
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    84
    World
    Newfoundland
    I usually read stuff in here, but haven't had time this christmas because of RL. Obviously I should have, have been using my christmas market ever since I got it in the beginning of the event apparently to no effect. Haven't bothered to check if it works before, just took for granted that it did. Very unneccesary. Agree with everyone who's said that it should be in the description that it doesn't work on buffed buildings.

  3. #33
    Jolly Advisor Wulfmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    196
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MorellaCarter View Post
    Agree with everyone who's said that it should be in the description that it doesn't work on buffed buildings.
    But why? The only buffs that have any impact on buffed buildings are zone buffs - none of the other area buffs such as Kitty Lure and Effective Traps have an impact on buffed buildings. Nor do any of the standard buffs you have in your star menu. It's completely consistent.

  4. #34
    Jolly Advisor Brotherjon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    179
    World
    Newfoundland
    There was plenty of opportunity to test it in the test server, didn’t take long and worth doing for the cost involved.

  5. #35
    Quartermaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    253
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MeneerHepatica View Post
    What is bothering me is that you can only use 1 christmas market at the time.
    In the dev diary nothing is mentioned about that. Now i have two standing but can only use 1 at the time.
    Okay benefit is that i can use 1 every 12 hours instead of waiting for 24 hours.
    But still it's a bummer....
    why did you expect BB should change the way all recent buff-buildings works. More buildings mean faster production or shorter cooldown.

  6. #36
    Erudite Pioneer
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    84
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmeister View Post
    But why? The only buffs that have any impact on buffed buildings are zone buffs - none of the other area buffs such as Kitty Lure and Effective Traps have an impact on buffed buildings. Nor do any of the standard buffs you have in your star menu. It's completely consistent.
    Well for the same reason that I think that other area buffs should be described as well, I thought they too had an effect on buffed buildings. :P I thought area buffs worked the same as zone buffs, but for a smaller zone. Haven't even noticed that they don't work that way though, but with this christmas market it's a lot of presents, so naturally it impacts me more.

  7. #37
    Original Serf
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    12
    World
    Sandycove
    Haven't revisited my thread for a while and I see that others have now discovered another undocumented mechanic - that you can't use both Markets at once as they share the cooldown. Fortunately, I hadn't upgraded my second Market and so can just relocate it out of the way as others have suggested, but still - poor show BB for yet another undocumented mechanic, although here I accept it is at least consistent with how other cooldown buildings work - I remind all though that the Dev Diary fails to mention the Market has a cooldown mechanic at all!

    My main reason for posting is to find whether anyone else is having issues with the L4 11x11 buff area. 11x11 isn't big enough for three full "rings" around a market, but it is big enough for half a third ring and based on the centre square being the the bottom square of the 2x2 Market size, this should mean the third half ring on the FRONT L+R sides. Problem is that despite the green 11x11 popup grid suggesting that, it doesn't buff the third half ring here - has anyone else found this themselves?

    I'm currently waiting on cooldown to finish to test whether it buffs the third half ring on the BACK L+R sides and will report back, but my fear is that the effective centre square for the 11x11 isn't the same as for the 5x5 or 9x9 grids.

  8. #38
    Jolly Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    195
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dent_Arthur_Dent View Post
    My main reason for posting is to find whether anyone else is having issues with the L4 11x11 buff area. 11x11 isn't big enough for three full "rings" around a market, but it is big enough for half a third ring and based on the centre square being the the bottom square of the 2x2 Market size, this should mean the third half ring on the FRONT L+R sides. Problem is that despite the green 11x11 popup grid suggesting that, it doesn't buff the third half ring here - has anyone else found this themselves?
    Not certain what your issue is as it's not very clear to me. I get this with the one by mayors house prnt.sc/m19iu2 and this with one in S9 prnt.sc/m19j44 I am not interested in using them to buff minor buildings, only the major ones.

  9. #39
    Ruler of the Land topgearfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,258
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dent_Arthur_Dent View Post
    Haven't revisited my thread for a while and I see that others have now discovered another undocumented mechanic - that you can't use both Markets at once as they share the cooldown. Fortunately, I hadn't upgraded my second Market and so can just relocate it out of the way as others have suggested, but still - poor show BB for yet another undocumented mechanic, although here I accept it is at least consistent with how other cooldown buildings work
    Why on earth would you want each market to have independent cooldown? You would have to pay 9000 presents for each market to make them useful! Also you would not get 24h buffing with single market. 12 buffed and 12 hour non buffed cycle - that would be a real pain and make the market useless imo. Only way would be to have 2 upgraded markets side by side. Then some buildings would still not get 24h buffs. Awful in every way I can think of.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

  10. #40
    Quartermaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    253
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dent_Arthur_Dent View Post
    Haven't revisited my thread for a while and I see that others have now discovered another undocumented mechanic - that you can't use both Markets at once as they share the cooldown. Fortunately, I hadn't upgraded my second Market and so can just relocate it out of the way as others have suggested, but still - poor show BB for yet another undocumented mechanic, although here I accept it is at least consistent with how other cooldown buildings work - I remind all though that the Dev Diary fails to mention the Market has a cooldown mechanic at all!

    My main reason for posting is to find whether anyone else is having issues with the L4 11x11 buff area. 11x11 isn't big enough for three full "rings" around a market, but it is big enough for half a third ring and based on the centre square being the the bottom square of the 2x2 Market size, this should mean the third half ring on the FRONT L+R sides. Problem is that despite the green 11x11 popup grid suggesting that, it doesn't buff the third half ring here - has anyone else found this themselves?

    I'm currently waiting on cooldown to finish to test whether it buffs the third half ring on the BACK L+R sides and will report back, but my fear is that the effective centre square for the 11x11 isn't the same as for the 5x5 or 9x9 grids.
    check this link for how to check covering - Christmas Market fails
    Last edited by _Aszbhar; 30.12.18 at 22:18. Reason: adding hyperlink

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.