Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Market - how to use?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    i'm not ruling it out altogether, i'm still thinking about where i might use a market. however, consider...

the market isn't mobile. if u want to use it for cemeteries, or regularly change which buildings u want to buff, ur gonna have to do a lot of moving around or leave it idle 50 weeks per year! we all have plenty of explorers, good buffs r just as easy to come by as the resources needed for better market buffs. for many ppl, the market will take up a spot usually reserved for a prod building. How many presents will Hades' plan require? gone r the days when we bought everything in 1st 2 days of event. pop isnt the issue it used to be, but i could use those presents on gb houses and floaters and maybe trade and carry on using the old skool system of buffing.

tbh, i think i just convinced myself.. the market is not for me, but settlers is a very individual game and no doubt some ppl will enjoy using it
    Last edited by vigabrand; 20.12.18 at 17:26.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    It costs less than 1k gc in materials (on our server) to move the market at lvl4 so moving it to different places wont be an issue at least anyone lvl 60+. I have 34 explorers all max skilled to artefact search and I would not say that rainbows, for example are that easy to come that you could slap them anywhere anytime. The market buffs 20-30 buildings with a couple of clicks for nearly free "24/7", while those 20-30 rainbows are worth 60k-120k coins (on our server) per the 4 days.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Maybe the best way to use it is to leave it in the shop?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    hades plan lol ....i just knocked down 46 gbh and been selling them for 750 presents each i am already done with event cleared the shop out of anything of value to me ...i guess it depends on your island no two are the same we all make them work in our own ways ..for me its making coin for others its weapons...i wieghed up if it would benefit me and it has ...

World
    Newfoundland
    What a worthless building for the amount of presents we had to spend. Both the Christmas Market and the Christmas Tree. Pointless for high level players, not clearly described by the developers and very expensive in gifts. Thus I call this a BB scam, to force us spend on them, and then need to buy presents with gems in order to get something worthy. BlueByte SHAME ON YOU!
    Last edited by Spyros_I; 25.12.18 at 21:27.
    "Few products escape the CHOAM touch... Logs, donkeys, horses, cows, lumber, dung, sharks, whale fur - the most prosaic and the most exotic... even our poor pundi rice from Caladan. Anything the Guild will transport, the art forms of Ecaz, the machines of Richese and Ix. But all fades before melange." — Duke Leto Atreides, Dune

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros_I View Post
    What a worthless building for the amount of presents we had to spend. Both the Christmas Market and the Christmas Tree. Pointless for high level players, not clearly described by the developers and very expensive in gifts. Thus I call this a BB scam, to force us spend on them, and then need to buy presents with gems in order to get something worthy. BlueByte SHAME ON YOU!
    OK, so I currently have a market that can buff several buildings around it at +200% for 12 hours, every 12 hours, for a cost of paper and sausages. I have spent a grand total of ZERO gems to get the presents for the upgrades. Most of my presents have come from my explorers, but I have also use the TO. All being well, I'll be upgrading it to L4 in the next few days.

I will need to spend some considerable time and resources to get the optimal outputs from my market buffs, but in no way do I see it as pointless or a scam. Actually, I'm quite enjoying the puzzle of which workyards to place around it.
    Last edited by Wulfmeister; 26.12.18 at 10:49.

Brotherjon
    What’s the resources/cost of moving the market at level 4 please? Can’t seem to find this info...

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brotherjon View Post
    What’s the resources/cost of moving the market at level 4 please? Can’t seem to find this info...
    It's in the dev diary, 2k ewp and 2k granite so it's very cheap to move.

Brotherjon
    Ah great, thanks

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    What is bothering me is that you can only use 1 christmas market at the time.
    In the dev diary nothing is mentioned about that. Now i have two standing but can only use 1 at the time.
    Okay benefit is that i can use 1 every 12 hours instead of waiting for 24 hours.
    But still it's a bummer....

Reply to Thread