Reply to Thread

Thread: Weekly Challenges - Yes that again

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle

Weekly Challenges - Yes that again

I'm usually vexed when i see newer players crying coz they dont have as many mma's, buildings, etc, as players who have been here a lot longer and earned those items. However, now the shoe is on the other foot...

Lower levels can gain tokens a lot cheaper than us higher level players who have been around a lot longer. THIS IS NOT FAIR. We have missed out on an opportunity to gain tokens at a lower cost.

I suggest a sliding scale like the bookbinder, where the more challenges you complete the higher the cost in future.

No 1 i know does these challenges at high level as they just ain't worth the cost. i'm amazed it took some of my guildies a week to realise this. Therefore, current lower level players who will complete some their easier challenges will have a higher pop than me in future. This is a nice pay off for being a longer term player, tyvm BB!

World
    Newfoundland
    You sound surprised that this is the case, when the whole point of the weekly challenges is to hoover accumulated resources out of the game. Players at lower levels don't have the stocks that it is assumed higher players have. I'd guess the resources being siphoned from lower level players are more geared toward stopping them accumulating massive amounts moving forward.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Why oh why do people always want to punish others whenever they think others got some advantage? Is it such a catastrophe that somebody might have a few more pop in a couple of years then you, provided they play the game very smart or invest a lot of money into it?

I got tons of DCs, pirate residencies and some other buildings when I started due to their easy availability at that time which I can now upgrade if I want to. I doubt new players will get many DCs and similar buildings (if any) for free cause nowadays their value is up. Also I was able to buy loads of MR with the help of bigger players as beans and stalks were on much lower demand then they are today, which again makes MR less accessible then in our times.

Apart from that weekly challenges on lower levels are not so easy either and they get less tokens then us while upgrade costs are the same as ours. I started another server a couple weeks ago just to see how the game now looks from newbie point of view and I could easier afford WC on this account then on the new one. But at least we can take pleasure in helping lower levels do their challenges, for which they will be eternally grateful to us.

You complain that WC are not worth it for higher levels but with the same breath suggest a "solution" which will make it even less worth it for high levels in the future. Instead of punishing others and ourselves in the future there might be better solution in making the WC system more flexible and allowing some choice of difficulty.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 18.12.18 at 10:50.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I bet over 80% of higher lvl players are not doing these WC, I know I'm not, why would I? Nothing of any real importance to be gained, I have a high enough population and plenty of open spaces if I need more for almost no charge, I'll never waste so much to gain so little

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I find the lack of low levels posting to be very telling.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    How many people have heard of the car the Edsel?
    A quote from a Wiki article about what happened when Ford released it:
    " After it was unveiled to the public, it was considered to be unattractive, overpriced, and overhyped."

History repeats
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I find the lack of low levels posting to be very telling.
    You shouldn't..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Your sample sizes are too small.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Wuffmeister is actually backing me up without realising it i think lol. If i do lower level wc's then that will clear out my stocks and remove stuff from the game.

However, Although Norton has misunderstood my meaning (my own fault) I have to agree with his reply, with one exception (helping others). In the 1st week (no 1 has bothered since) I was bombarded with costly requests from other players to help with their wc. this is just plain stupid. I help others as much as the next man/woman, but I don't want to play other ppl's game for them!
    Last edited by vigabrand; 20.12.18 at 09:58.

Reply to Thread