Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gift Christmas Tree gives nothing

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by maryam1 View Post
    Mine worked fine the first day...now its like others, click on it, the gift icon disappears, no notification of a gift received, no spinning timer...nothing.

Wait and click again, get the bomb pop up.
    +1
    Last edited by _Aszbhar; 03.01.19 at 11:44. Reason: fixing quote

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by maryam1 View Post
    Mine worked fine the first day...now its like others, click on it, the gift icon disappears, no notification of a gift received, no spinning timer...nothing.

Wait and click again, get the bomb pop up.
    +1 Just now

World
    Newfoundland
    I have 2 Christmas trees, and they have the present icons today. But, when I clicked on the icons, they just disappeared and gave no presents.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    So I suspect these are actually working, it's just that the rewards are so bad most the time that they tend to be stuff you might already have in your star menu. I have had leather appear in my menu randomly a few times and I can only assume that it was the random reward from the tree despite the window not appearing.

This probably needs changing from the lottery window to just mailing the reward similar to when an explorer returns with treasure.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Well, mine did gave nothing again (no spinning box or whatever) so, i just removed both trees. I am so disappointed with this years xmast event with two very useless buildings that I just removed both buildings from my island. Yes, I also removed the xmast market, as I wan't able to find an location to give me any meanfull bonus, so, its looks like last event was an dud for me.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Well, mine did gave nothing again (no spinning box or whatever) ,bit annoyed,please fix this

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by malaclover View Post
    Well, mine did gave nothing again (no spinning box or whatever) ,bit annoyed,please fix this
    Agreed. This was a poorly implemented interface - the idea is fine - the interface (or lack thereof) is terrible.

When clicked on it should show time remaining. When that reaches zero, shows the present and a green tick to click on which gives you the displayed present. Then the counter would start again. It would be very much like the bookbinder except not letting you pick the product or show you what is coming. Many of the rewards are very little I agree - but you should be getting some kind of information of progress and a clear result no matter what it is.

edit This week it was different than I remember. I saw the present on the tree, clicked where I thought I should and got the window with the building explanation and the bomb symbol to tear it down. But then without me doing anything that window went away and I got the mystery chest window with a spinning hourglass. I let it spin for at least 5 minutes without result. I clicked on the check mark and the window went away. No prize that I saw. I don't know if that's what others are seeing or not but I don't remember it being that way last week.
    Last edited by Xibor; 08.01.19 at 03:50.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by malaclover View Post
    It is impossible to even discover if you got a gift, let alone what it was. At least it stops us complaining about the gift I suppose!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Here we go again....waited for a week and got the gift icon on both trees....then when I clicked a big fat nothing burger...no gifts.
    Just the delete item bomb. What is up with this...another symptom of a game where the code is falling apart. What must I do for the game to play as advertised?
    Please save the SOL.

World
    Sandycove
    I don't think it gives "nothing" - it gives something but we do not see the rewards most of the time due to the bad/lazy BB mechanics.

Reply to Thread