Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 3 Years plus...

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    Blocking means you "skip" camps by using the way combats are worked out to your advantage. This is what most guides will tell you since the results of combats are a known quantity within reasonable variance.

When you defeat a leader camp ina sector, the entirel sector will be cleared out. This means provided the positions are favourable you only need to destroy boss. With blocking you keep camps that would otherwise intercept you occupied, and sicne these combats are ongoing when boss is defeated you save those troops (unless mistakes occur).

In this way you get all the XP for an adv (usually), but with a fraction of units lost.

This is one of the major reasons to look at a guide when doing an adv.
    Thanks SnowBlizz, already im looking forward..

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    When you defeat a leader camp ina sector, the entirel sector will be cleared out. This means provided the positions are favourable you only need to destroy boss. With blocking you keep camps that would otherwise intercept you occupied, and sicne these combats are ongoing when boss is defeated you save those troops (unless mistakes occur).
    One important thing to add to this : as you keep the surrounding camps occupied, you want the fight in those camps to continue as long as possible, longer than it takes the main army defeats the boss.

This means, outside of maybe few exceptions, you use tavern generals for blocking since for the same unit composition they fight the enemy twice as long.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Wiki has a guide to blocking here: http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/adve...w-make-blocks/

And there are a variety of adventure guides on Wiki also, using various combinations of troops and generals.

World
    Newfoundland
    Get a guildie to take you on a Dark Priests and teach you to block - that first block is so forgiving you can fetch a coffee in between sending generals
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiethebull View Post
    Thanks once again everyone... i have

Champion Anslem
    General Mary Christmas
    Quartermass Clause
    and 3 General
    Try to get Nusala, very useful at your lvl. Lulu made some very great guides https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...r-lower-levels

World
    Newfoundland
    I'd like to chime in and raise a voice for Evil_J's adventure guides - so very easy to follow. No need to scroll up and down or anything confusing at all, just everything you need is in one big picture with notes and how to do things step-by-step (was as confused as you are when I started playing years ago and found that Evil_J's guides was the easiest to follow/learn).

You find them here - https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...venture-Guides
    Last edited by Nihilista; 10.01.19 at 15:56.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win."

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiethebull View Post
    Ok guys im struggling...Coming up to 3 years now and i am active every day for some time unless i am away on holiday..
    Level 45, and i feel i have been treading water for the last 2 years, i log on..refil, search and replace spent mines fields etc... the new weekly event is almost impossible as it requires all my resourses which then leaves me short but has the much needed xp i need to open up more map at some point... ... i only aquire granite from searches so i am not plentyful,. Best troops i have are elite soldiers , only because i bought swords as i cant get enought titanium as yet.. these soldiers were all wiped out during there first outing, so i buy crossbows in the trade area and use those as my best troops... I can only do adventures that have a difficulty no higher than 5 or i lose all troops...I do the daily quest everyday unless i just cant for whatever reason, i have upgraded quite alot of my island as far as i can alot fully, most to lvl 5 but am now out of grout... and im running out of energy for the game..
    I played this game back in the 90,s very successfully on the game cd.. i did play this version online a time before but quit at around lvl 20 or so due to just not getting anywhere.. I dont want to quit but im out of ideas and am in need of something.. a light at the end of the tunnel... a new map.. something !! Im told a new part opens up around level 55 or 60 but at this rate that will be in around another 10 years..
    Any help/advice much appreciated.
    If you have taken 3 years to reach level 45 I would like to congratulate you on your pure patience.

Are you in a guild? If not then you would benefit from joining one in order to get help and advice from others who play regularly. If the answer is yes then what have the officers and leaders been doing all this time? Seems you have had no advice re how to adventure etc etc which is the basic I would have expected.

I play on Newfoundland each day for a short time so feel free to send me a friend invite and I'll see if we can sort doing some adventures together so as to show you how to use guides, block etc.

Reply to Thread