Reply to Thread

Thread: Handwriting Day

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

Handwriting Day

Dear calligrapher,

Today it's not common anymore to send a hand-written letter; writing by hand is seen as an elegant activity of the past. Today it’s Handwriting Day and it does not only ask you to put your pen to the paper, but also to share some of your special achievements throughout the years.

• When was the last time you actually wrote a letter by hand?
    • Do you write down notes about tactic maps by hand or on a virtual notepad on your PC?
    • Did you create a made-up alphabet for your settlers or did you ever think about creating your very own "letters" for your island?

If you create something special and outstanding using the art of letters, share your experiences with the Community!

Happy writing,
    BB_Saqui
    Last edited by BB_Saqui; 23.01.19 at 16:18.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi.

I love Calligraphy, looking at it, writing it, and I hand write alot. ( all my notes for settlers are hand written in notebooks, not online! )
    I learned Calligraphy some years ago and while Im not great at it, I love the rhythm, the flow, the feel and texture of the ink flowing onto the page.
    Working with unusual items is fun too...a piece of balsa wood, a scrap of corrugated card - these make amazing art pieces out of simple letter groups.
    Plopping some ink on a page and blowing it through a straw to create letters is great fun for children and can be incredibly effective. It allows them to see letters are more than for the mere creation of words! These can then be embellished with yet more hand drawn letters.

While I didnt want or have the time to enter into a long distance pen-pal relationship I do enjoy hearing about other cultures and having connections across the world, There is a web site called Postcrossing where people send one short message on the back of a postcard to someone, kind of like Twitter for hand writers. You have one small space to communicate something of yourself. Ive had some amazing cards, seen some wonderful handwriting and had a brief connection with over 1000 people internationally this way. Long live the pen!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I handwrite down my own guides once i am happy i add them to a map and print and laminate and pin to a wall so i can view while playing hate tab swapping
    Last edited by hades8840; 24.01.19 at 12:02.

World
    Newfoundland

For my mum...

I write poems.. for no reason, more like in reply on something.. ..

I made this for my mother who died in 2014.. it's a special thing I made just for her..
    A friend printed it for me and was give to accompany her on her voyage..
    so other know she is protected..

Seeing this one made me tear up on the spot, it's been a while since I've seen this one.. but it's still hard for me realising she's gone..
    you get used to the fact she is not around anymore.. but seeing this.. it still hit's me she is really gone..

in some way it is sad but also conformating to me I know she'll is safe and protected..

I know, it may sound silly.. but I do think angels exist..
    Last edited by AmySafeunderdark; 24.01.19 at 14:04.
    Amy Safeunderdark
    A little magic goes a long way.

Amy's Rules of progress (TSO Forum )
    Amy's random quotes & Settlers related Art and images (TSO Forum )
    Amy's TOOLS:
    Forum image uploader New version online supporting more image types, even animated gif!
    Explained here (Forum link) --> PLease leave your comments and/or remarks here

TSO server status (outside link) New Version!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    i scribble down notes for the game but thats it. Even at school i was given a typewriter to type school work cause i have a lot of trouble using pen and paper. That was long before computors were around.

Very few including myself can understand my writing lol. Most of the time its just marks on the paper that dont make sense.

Now i only use a PC for typing stuff. even forms i fill in i scan onto my PC to fill out.

Even my 1st day in school when i was 4 i couldnt hold a pen or pencil properly and that was in 1964. even now i still cant hold a pen or pencil properly. I can write better using my feet than i can my hands lol.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    hi to all

World
    Newfoundland
    As I said before.. I write poems in an reaction to things that trigger me..
    for no reason, more like in reply on something.. ..

so, something triggered me to come up with this:

"Handwriting day, where we can come and play
    with the art of writing letters to thins that one matters..
    Calligraphically, for all to see
    what we think and what we are wanting to say.. "

Love, Amy
    Last edited by AmySafeunderdark; 28.01.19 at 17:03.
    Amy Safeunderdark
    A little magic goes a long way.

Amy's Rules of progress (TSO Forum )
    Amy's random quotes & Settlers related Art and images (TSO Forum )
    Amy's TOOLS:
    Forum image uploader New version online supporting more image types, even animated gif!
    Explained here (Forum link) --> PLease leave your comments and/or remarks here

TSO server status (outside link) New Version!

Reply to Thread