Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: unable to log in

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Same problem here. Appeared suddenly, about a week ago. Sometimes it takes 15 mins to get in. Sometimes it takes even 1,5 or 2h along with occasional refreshes.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Was at a friends house on Thursday with my friends laptop. As far as I know they dont play settlers. I tried logging in using chrome,- had to install flash first. I only got as far as the Easter event picture, the green bar never got over half done. Tried Edge - same thing. Installed Firefox,- same thing.
    Got on-line pretty fast then with my own Ipad with puffin. Put a remark on chat at got a suggestion from kit trying with and without a tab with facebook open. Did that and got on pretty fast with a face book open and reloading. Have no clue why it worked but it did.
    It was a new Firefox installation and a new flash installation, have no clue what the labtop was - other than it was a 64 bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sarmatian View Post
    I tested it for few days, so here is my workaround to log in with Google Chrome.

After you login on TSO main page, you should right-click on window bar above. The right-click pop-up menu will give you option to open "task manager". Open task manager and let it be. Start TSO and let the loading window to load to the dreaded 40% length. Give it 10 min. If game didn't start by then, just click in task manager "Plugin: Shockwave Flash" and "end process". Google Chrome will report "flash plugin crashed". Just click there in this page "reload" button and give it another 10 min. Usually on 2nd and sometimes on 3rd attempt the login into server will work.

Good Luck!
    So there is a line in task manager: Subframe: https://facebook.com/

Surely its more than a coincidence.

Why is it there? I dont use facebook.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by faivq View Post
    Every morning after the first login and play when I try to reenter /in a newly opened browser - Chrome on Win 7 Pro 32-bit/ I get stuck on the screen with that lady in a rabbit suit. Leaving it "to load" does not help. I guess it is because this "pretty page with progress bar" is lying to the browser that the content is loaded and it can stop loading it when I change to another tab or minimize the browser window - this is the typical behaviour of browsers now - with these plenty of adds everywhere. So please remove the unnecessary page so it does not stop the loading process.
    Just in case it can help someone:
    Also with Chrome, when my rabbit-lady page sticks I reload/refresh the page twice, doing the second one quickly as soon as the first one has reloaded.
    This seems to get me logged in every time.
    No idea why though.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Timing Out

Unable to play this morning as session keeps timing out

World
    Newfoundland
    I have had some success with people using this workaround:

1)open facebook in one tab and open the game in another
    if that does not help
    2) close the facebook tab and reload the game

if either of these 2 options work, please post here and let us know
    Leader of The Hell Unleashed [THU] on Newfoundland
    Addicted to Settlers, coffee and chocolate, in that order

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Still got issues logging in also as already stated started last week for me stops at half way using firefox or ie orchrome makes no difference at all same problem takes a few hours of trying to log in the bar stops at the second loading screen and will not go past the girls feet in the bunny costume will you at least please let us know you are aware of the problem and that youy will try to fix this

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just had this , so another 15 minute wait till i can get back in
    Attached Images

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have different guess about those problems with login into game server, which gets stuck at 40%. Nothing with ubisoft login as I was hypothesizing. Nothing with Facebook login, as others suggested. Nothing with 64bit OS, which by these days everyone is on. As you noticed lately the chat in game is rebooting happily at any moment it can. Last few days even more then first few days of this event. Just every time you see the process for game server login at 40% is hitting "1%-2%" CPU speed (crawl speed), just terminate the flash plugin with task manager and reload flash.

My guess is, the game server login process needs to chat with chat server before letting new players in and I think there is some issue. Heavy load of some kind?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

So another day another log in issues where still taking so long to log in it has been like this for over a week

It does not matter which browser I use still the same it get to the ladys feet and then nothing just sits and sits and sits
    even with refreshes it still does not move what is play if you can get in!

Yes I know their is an old thread about this but thought I would do a new one as the other is years old,

Merged
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 22.04.19 at 12:30.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

w01c01.thesettlersonline.com/:1 POST http://w01c01.thesettlersonline.com/http-bind/ 404 (Invalid SID.)

https://graph.facebook.com/v2.3/me/p...ss_http_code=1

response

cache-control: private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate
    content-encoding: br
    content-length: 78
    content-type: application/json; charset=UTF-8
    date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 07:25:35 GMT
    etag: "ac2b4ead18dd55d31d2c09a4312ec39081f34f69"
    expires: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 00:00:00 GMT
    facebook-api-version: v2.9
    pragma: no-cache
    strict-transport-security: max-age=15552000; preload