Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 12/02/19

World
    Sandycove
    And after weeks of complaining about the Gift Christmas tree, not a word. And Valentines day event, eh? I've sure gotten a lot out of the Dev diary detailing (and usually poorly) the event - oh wait, there hasn't been a Dev diary. I'm sure glad they made a grammar fix - that was keeping me awake at night.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    And since I didn't see anywhere else to post it and I didn't want to start a new thread, I have to mention the "Infrastructure Maintenance". What infrastructure? Are you changing the batteries or something?

It just so happened it is right in the middle to end of a nice Holiday in NZ, I was all set for a day of gaming to get up and find out I only had a matter of hours. When the game is scheduled to be back up it will be bed time. Now that is nobody's fault and in a global game that's just the way the timing goes so there's nothing to be done about it but that doesn't take away from the annoyance.

BUT what I can't get past is why does it take so many hours to accomplish something in an environment which only makes money if it's available? Someone doesn't have things organized very well. I play other online games and outages are very rare and when they occur are 15-30 minutes. I find it stunning that in the modern age that it takes so much time to do things and there is no way apparently to do anything while the system is live. Real companies do real hot-fixes you know (not what BB calls a hot-fix... the services are still available).

I'd give anything to know exactly how this infrastructure is laid out because I know if in my company there was an 8 hour outage people would riot and heads would roll.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Tried to log in to shut off the 26 buildings my christmas market buffed this morning, so they'll be running for another 12h unbuffed and a gold mine may run out.

Thanks for the lack of notice.

And, no fixes to the broken christmas tree? Or the increasing number of erroneous popups that then kick us out of the game?
    -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
    ~~~~~~~ Lagoon Guild [LAGN] (Newfoundland) ~~~~~~~
    Lagoons are tranquil. They are made of water. People are made of water, too.
    But people are not lagoons, even if you sometimes find people in lagoons.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Maybe in the future we can mix standard troops with elite troops. So we that are at 54-58 lvl can use the elite.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    You missed the UI positioning for the Xmas Market, top line still off the top of the window. -lol sorry it aint the 12th yet
    Last edited by cat_flap; 06.02.19 at 11:34.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    "When applying a buff to the Provision House, running productions should no longer display the buffs runetime instead of the production time"

Is this fixed on combat academy too?
    https://snag.gy/hpTBuo.jpg

Brotherjon
    Valentines event. Kind of reminds me of that simpsons episode with the “love day” bit.. google it if you don’t know the one, it one of the good episodes from the golden era of simpsons before all of those silly cameo appearances...

it’s going to cause some awkward moments this one, with middle aged men swapping valentines cards for achievements... lol. Errr, do you want to swap cards with me? ...for the achievement of course *blush*

Anyway, ‘happy love day everybody!”

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Albug01 View Post
    Maybe in the future we can mix standard troops with elite troops. So we that are at 54-58 lvl can use the elite.
    You can - it just needs to be different generals. If you mean in the garrison of the same general to have both types I suggest this wasn't done because the UI would have to change so much more and they didn't want to take that on. It was easier for them to code the 'switch troops' thing as annoying as that is for the players.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Good to see the ongoing pathfinder/endless coalmine debacle will at last be fixed with next change log, better late than never

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    maybe you should start fixing some bugs rather than creating a new event that's had very little testing (if any) that's just going to create more bugs and need a hot fix a couple of hours after it starts

Reply to Thread