Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Valentine 2019 Event

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    "Since the Observatory is currently broken and not working at all I can only deduce from this that the Valentine Event will continue at least until the Observatory is fixed. Hope you get it done before Easter arrives. Would be kind of awkward otherwise."
    Last edited by Soupssss; 28.02.19 at 02:40.

World
    Newfoundland
    Thank God that this rushed, money-milking bug-ridden event is over soon. Observatory doesn't work, card buffs that work one minute and the other minute not, the Charming Geologist that doesn't show proper information on the mines he find and, as always, lag.

And then "forcing" you to do co-op's and have to trade cards with others (believe it or not, but there is people that prefer to play solo and want to have as little as possible with other players). And not to mention how unfair this whole event has been to lower level players.

During my 7 years of playing TSO, this is by far the worst thing you ever put out. And the most annoying part? People did mention most of this on the test server several times but yet, as always, you completely ignore what the actual players thinks and suggest.

Straight up embarassing, and I would definitely feel ashamed if I were you, putting out this half-finished "product". Not worthy.
    Last edited by Nihilista; 03.03.19 at 04:21.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win."

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Was not going to comment on anything - as noone in BB seem to care what we say any longer,- but cant help myself it is my nature.

I was thinking - ohh- this game is going down big time now - we have entered the never ending event stage of it, and did not want to bother at first.

But I like it - I dont like the rewards much - never mind them, it does not really matter- it can save people from using real money on them.

What I like that it brings some activity to a dying game. It seems that BB does know the concept of a list after all. I like that the ach makes people do different adventures. I like that the buffs that are different force people to communicate if they want to do all the achievements. I also like that we have to do multi player adventures. It makes sense when it is a Valentines event, that single player adventures gives 0.

An event like this does not save the game though, we need more new active players for that to happen, and we need for BB to start to communicate back to us again. We also need them to spamming us with useless stuff, that makes players be disappointed especially if they used real money on it.
    It would be much appreciated, if they started testing stuff before starting stuff that is bugged and result in the game closing down for maint and hotfixes.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Newfoundland
    I would have given high marks for this event if everything worked. Hopefully by next year it will be developed further and it will be a full size event.
    Loved the activity between players, seemed like good old times for a while.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Ignoring all the bugs, I quite liked some of the ideas:

Buffs to population growth
    Buffs to recruitment speed
    Buffs to adventure drops

I don't see the problem with doing multiplayer or coop adventures (other than whirlwind, with its staggered progression), they don't really need any communication with other players other than the initial arrangement to join the adventure. I have certainly done a lot more tomb raiders than I would usually do and the adventure drop buff means I have a nice amount of extra gold mine refills too.

The biggest disappointment for me is the performance degradation which is creeping in, I need to refresh the game every hour or so as the frame rate slowly drops over time until unplayable.
    The other annoying thing with multiplayer adventures is the amount of players having loading issues. The game is up to ~260MB now and some players take up to an hour to reload the game, a major slowdown if you only need 15 minutes to do an adventure and then 45 minutes is lost due to technical problems other players are having.

World
    Newfoundland
    Whirlwind is worst of the worst cause of the fences.
    We need coops for elite troops. About 3 of them. 1 for each 2, 3 and 4 players. Makes no sense for level 75 to have to play level 40 stuff. This goes for weekly challenge too.
    Used to be that i could run all 3 worlds together no problem. Took 20-30% processor and 600MB memory. No problem at all. If i do it now its 90-100% processor and up to 6000MB! Its crazy.
    Anyone know if there is something i can do on my end to increase performance? Have all the game options to better performance already. Once upon a time there used to be some options in the flash but those are gone. I mean I dont care if for example all the res buildings are not loaded in or it looks a blur due to low res etc. I just want to be able to play the game without my computer exploding.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    Anyone know if there is something i can do on my end to increase performance? Have all the game options to better performance already. Once upon a time there used to be some options in the flash but those are gone. I mean I dont care if for example all the res buildings are not loaded in or it looks a blur due to low res etc. I just want to be able to play the game without my computer exploding.
    You have to buy a 8 CPUs Computer with 16G RAM... This is what happen when dev don't care about performances issues since years...

I got a brand new computer, with more than that... And the game is still full of lags... (I can play fornite at 200 Frames per second !)

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    I sent all my explorers yesterday and none are bringing flowers today, I guess nor tomorrow It's the first time this happen ! It's really the worst event ever ...

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    The worst event that BB does, for many reasons:

* Unstable loots from adv during activated buffs, sometimes even with valentine buff activated the loots NOT doubled, no action from BB.
    * Explorers returned with 0 loots, even with the event not deactivated yet and explorers sent before the removal phase, this is not the case usually in all previous events.
    * Lags and delays and freezes, a lot, I need to refresh from time to time (like every 15 minutes).
    * Weather station is a joke!
    * Observatory is not working well, and cool time (2 days) compared to activated time (2 hours) is another joke.

Pros:
    * Only Geo and Explorer are useful.
    Hello People

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    what's the most appropriate german translation of "shambolic"?

It's kind of like chaotisch, but that word doesn't really convey the full sense. Perhaps it's more like wirr with a bit of peinlich thrown in for fun.

Since communicating in English isn't producing any effects at all (14 pages in), hoping that adjusting our language might help us reach the developers and community managers who ostensibly are still working for tso (unless this game is truly running on auto-pilot, and there's noone left at tso hq).
    -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
    ~~~~~~~ Lagoon Guild [LAGN] (Newfoundland) ~~~~~~~
    Lagoons are tranquil. They are made of water. People are made of water, too.
    But people are not lagoons, even if you sometimes find people in lagoons.

Reply to Thread