Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Valentine 2019 Event

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Agree with the last few posts, think its time to outright bin the Valentine event, fix the issues that the recent change log brought, namely mine placing, & just concentrate on the Easter event!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    if the event does get cancelled add the geo and exp to another event just rename them

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    I've been thinking the same. Shovel the event in the drawer and leave it for later. Fun is already gone anyway, and it wasn't anything ground braking in the first place. Don't need hurried broken content. Can't even play normal game due to laggy response. Get the game working so that we can play and bring us good Easter event.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    ...most of our problems are because of Flash, and this was known back in 2010
    Then why do other online games of which I play that also use Flash and also have much the same graphics complexity as Settlers not have any such problems? I suggest it's BB's use of Flash that is the problem, not Flash itself (yes, Flash has fundamental problems but doesn't explain all this).

Also please note Settlers changed in September 2017 to Snowdrop - their own proprietary game engine - and that engine was designed for PS and XB games. They are bending a tool not meant to be used in this way.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    Also agree it's time to bin the Valentines day event.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    This event looks really good and could be fun. I know many are looking forward to it.

It could be the hardest event yet and I think we have to grow used to the idea we may not all get everything. This event is more interactive than previous events and this is definitely the way to go in my opinion. Communities in the game need to be revitalised with a sense of purpose and a feeling of fulfilment. Fun events and new adventures help with this well done BB.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Certainly don't want to bin it - Easter still a long way off - we could have a 'Summer of Love' in February instead?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosejane View Post
    ...............Easter still a long way off - we could have a 'Summer of Love' in February instead?
    Easter Sunday is 21st April this year. Easter event would start a minimum of 1 week before that, probably closer to 2 weeks, giving a ''long way off'' of a maximum of 8 weeks. I reckon I can wait that long.

Cancel it, remove the load from the server, get rid of weeklies for same reason and let's get back to a playable game.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sigh, here we go, a recipe for disaster.
    Literally hours after the "hotfix" BB announce they're going ahead with this, without even knowing if the problems we've been suffering have changed at all.
    All we ask for is some stablity running up to Easter and an event that "should" be 2nd nature by now, but you're not listening to the people who know the game inside out and play it every day.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Sigh, here we go, a recipe for disaster.
    Literally hours after the "hotfix" BB announce they're going ahead with this, without even knowing if the problems we've been suffering have changed at all.
    All we ask for is some stablity running up to Easter and an event that "should" be 2nd nature by now, but you're not listening to the people who know the game inside out and play it every day.
    So what makes you think that they don't know? we literally had the fixed version at test server since Wednesday and everyone who was active in game or in the relevant issue threads was invited to test it and leave feedback when it was deployed 2 days ago. Feedback was positive in the chat and forums. Same after today's update.

Reply to Thread