Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Valentine 2019 Event

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Yeah I agree. The new event and many of the recent other additions and activities were most likely created to generate more revenue to keep the game running a bit longer. Skipping this event completely would mean no extra gem sales from the 40-50 game servers there are total.
    So they only plan to get more money out of the few players that are left? It might be a better plan to try to keep the players here.
    The way they started to, not care at all, what we think and like or dislike, to sell us useless stuff, to not respond at all when people cry out for an explanation or some kind of response, then no wonder people find better things to do. Until about 6 month ago I was a paying customer, and I might start paying again if I thought I got something for my money, instead of the feeling of being ignored.
    Last edited by Urd123; 21.02.19 at 12:14.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    So they only plan to get more money out of the few players that are left? It might be a better plan to try to keep the players here.
    The way they started to, not care at all, what we think and like or dislike, to sell us useless stuff, to not respond at all when people cry out for an explanation or some kind of response, then no wonder people find better things to do. Until about 6 month ago I was a paying customer, and I might start paying again if I thought I got something for my money, instead of the feeling of being ignored.
    Am the same i bought gems at xmas ....and did pick up my card today and then put it down again I want stuff and I am willing to pay but with a uncertain future I cant justify spending hundreds of pounds on a game that might be gone in 6 months to a year

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Well the servers are running for these players which is not free to do. Events also get some new players in or old players to return to the game to possible gain extra profits. The moment the game is no longer profitable enough it will halt development and closed in few months after that. I do agree that issues should be fixed but most of that repair work does not lead to anything but extra cost to retain players. Same could happen even without fixes as long as new content is added.

Blue Byte is responsible to Ubisoft which is responsible to their stock holders quarterly. Without this event there is barely anything special happening in Q1 as Easter starts so late which means the game might be barely be profitable from regular game sales. It's not enough to cover the server costs or salaries as profits are always expected.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    And no official announcement, of course? We are not supposed to bother when it's eventually going to come back online, are we?
    Geez, such crappy communication and utter lack of respect... I'd be really ashamed.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelza View Post
    And no official announcement, of course? We are not supposed to bother when it's eventually going to come back online, are we?
    Geez, such crappy communication and utter lack of respect... I'd be really ashamed.
    There is an annoucement on the game's homepage.
    If you can't be bothered to read that that's not exactly the fault of BB. Literally the first thing you see when arriving.

Day: Thursday, February 21st
    Game Worlds: (1 - 3) Closed
    Start: Approx. 12:00 CET, 11:00 UTC
    End: Approx. 18:00 CET, 17:00 UTC
    Adventures & Premium: Times will be extended
    This hotfix will perform an event resource conversion for Xmas resources. We will also extend the duration of the Valentine Event by one additional day.
    Happy Settling!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    There is an annoucement on the game's homepage.
    If you can't be bothered to read that that's not exactly the fault of BB. Literally the first thing you see when arriving.

Day: Thursday, February 21st
    Game Worlds: (1 - 3) Closed
    Start: Approx. 12:00 CET, 11:00 UTC
    End: Approx. 18:00 CET, 17:00 UTC
    Adventures & Premium: Times will be extended
    This hotfix will perform an event resource conversion for Xmas resources. We will also extend the duration of the Valentine Event by one additional day.
    Happy Settling!
    "Cant be bothered"??? Thank you for such benevolent comment, dear settlers companion, I see you've taken side with BB.

Guess what, when I try to connect, the page I am send to is "maintenance page", where the only message is :

"We regret that the connection to the "The Settlers Online" server failed. Please try to reconnect. Should the problem persist, please visit the homepage and the forum for more information.

We are working to resolve the problem.

You don't want to miss anything
    Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

Your The Settlers Online team"

So then I visited the forum - and I thought I had visited the homepage already- and couldnt find a SINGLE official mention of this new, additionnal game halt. But sure, I "cant be bothered to read", after visiting the whole forum, right? The problem is certainly not that the information is not delievered to us adequatly and in a timely manner, right? lol dude...
    Last edited by Kelza; 21.02.19 at 14:14.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    "Cant be bothered"??? Thank you for such benevolent comment, dear settlers companion, I see you've taken side with BB.

Guess what, when I try to connect, the page I am send to is "maintenance page", where the only message is :

"We regret that the connection to the "The Settlers Online" server failed. Please try to reconnect. Should the problem persist, please visit the homepage and the forum for more information.

We are working to resolve the problem.

You don't want to miss anything
    Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

Your The Settlers Online team"

So then I visited the forum - and I thought I had visited the homepage already- and couldnt find a SINGLE official mention of this new, additionnal game halt. But sure, I "cant be bothered to read", after visiting the whole forum, right? The problem is certainly not that the information is not delievered to us adequatly and in a timely manner, right? lol dude...
    I seen the message the game would be down hours ago on the home page its not that hard to click home and read the messages on there

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by ginny31 View Post
    I seen the message the game would be down hours ago on the home page its not that hard to click home and read the messages on there
    You clearly dont seem to grasp the problem correctly, but thanks for your precious input...

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    You clearly dont seem to grasp the problem correctly, but thanks for your precious input...
    If you login normally, the site redirects you always to the news section. If you are using direct links or bookmarks to enter the game then you probably never see them.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    If you login normally, the site redirects you always to the news section. If you are using direct links or bookmarks to enter the game then you probably never see them.
    You are absolutely right my good sir, that's what happened indeed, I do use a direct link ("/play" at the end). Maybe I'll use the homepage in the future to save me some trouble - just more useless clicks every day, when the message related to maintenance could simply be added to the maintenance page....

Reply to Thread