Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Valentine 2019 Event

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    it seems to me that BB is a victim of their own success...you can please some people sometimes, but you can't please everyone all the time.
    Personally i enjoyed it like all the other events....bugs aside....plus compensation for the headache :-)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Tbh 'other than' the event being postponed, then announced again at very short notice, then having an almost immediate hotfix, which didn't fix much, followed by flower farms that were paused yet turned themselves back on, 3 x valentine card buffs not always giving the bonus xp and flowers in loot, chuck in the observatory not working, and explorers sent out on final searches not bringing back further flowers once the player had logged in for the 1st time post event end, it wasn't that bad a little event.

You would have to have played almost no time at all in order to manage all of the achievements (or stayed focused on the xp grind) and to get at least the explorer and the geologist. That is two handy items just for logging in and doing next to nothing. Added to which we all were sent a geologist and an explorer to compensate for all the hitches along the way.

On my main account I was able to gather tons of extra flowers to help lower levels and those in guild who wanted this or that building and to give late arrivals enough flowers to get their explorer/geologist.

On my other two worlds I was able to get both the geologist and the explorer and then to sell flowers for goodies - beans, bronze swords, gunpowder etc because the higher levels there were chasing hard to get all of the event items, multiple times when it came to love gardens (Odd name that is btw)

I think what has happened is many have become less resilient to the fact that this is just a silly flash game which has always had bugs - some going back to closed beta. As the devs try to give players what they demand by way of new content etc there are bound to be issues along the way and we need to learn to live with those. There is also a growing element of ''I wan it all and I want it now'' If that is the case for you it's very easy, open your wallet, buy some gems, use those to buy the event item (In this case flowers) and use those to buy the lot from the shop.

I am not a huge supporter of BB, they make a lot of errors, do not respond to input on the test server, and fail to interact effectively with their layer community in-game, on the forum, or via support. BUT it is a game, pure and simple, so play and enjoy the ride or hop out the door - there is a real world out there.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    I think what has happened is many have become less resilient to the fact that this is just a silly flash game which has always had bugs - some going back to closed beta.
    I think its the opposite - and people should not get resilient to the fact that the product someone tries to sell them is always of poor quality and has been for years.

As the devs try to give players what they demand by way of new content etc there are bound to be issues along the way and we need to learn to live with those.
    Theres another problem. People are not having issues with new content (and some of it is received relatively well - see MCC). What people are having a problem with is :

- an event that was proposed few times over the years with no indication vast majority of the population even cares about it
    - developed anyway, after over 8 years of games existance suddenly becomes needed and takes priority over stuff people actually ask for (including fixing major bugs)
    - pushed to the test server, not received very well (some of the content makes very little sense) + there were bugs reported
    - pushed to live servers while ignoring the bugs
    - the deployment failed miserably and resulted in another attempt week later when the event didnt even make sense
    - player feedback even showed people can live without it and ask for it to not be deployed if it introduces a risk of further issues, considering barely anyone asked for it to begin with
    - instead the event was shoved down our throats once again, and once again without fixing fundamental bugs.

This is not introducing new content, this is trying to sell you broken stuff while spitting you in the face at the same time I dont know how little self respect one needs to have to be perfectly ok with that ..

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I am not happy with the Love Garden. I ended up trying to move residences so that I could buff 20 buildings. I could not manage to do so. I bought a second Love Garden only to find that only one Love Garden has active buffs around it. The second one does nothing. I thionk the most I could buff was 17 residential buildings with one Love Garden, and although I could apparently buff another 13 or so with the second Love Garden only one Love Garden would activate. So it made both Love Gardens useless as I could not afford the costs to keep moving my residences around. Not really impressed.

The time it took to make bouquets was too long. To make bouquets and also to make Grilled Steak buffs, the potions and tools for the Weekly Event become harder to do and therefore to complete the Weekly Event as well as do the Valentine Event, the adventures and continue with my Island building.

The reewards for this Valentine Event were not great. Others have already pointed out the drawbacks with the Event Buildings and the buffs they make so I won't go into all that right now. I have the buildings but now wonder if they are just a waste of space.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Torkav View Post

A complete list of all bugs is not available publicly.
    Each client need to experience by himself all the bugs, look at the forum, ask the help chat, ask the support, become angry.... because it's a very well know bugs...
    And you just have to deal with it... You clear cache for nothing, install a new browser, reboot your computer.... just for nothing cause this bug is a well known bug but you don't wan"t to make it public ?

What is this logic ?

World
    Northisle
    Terrible event, what a pointless waste.

This game could be so good but it is completely ruined by horrendous quality and awful lag.

This event was a pointless waste of development resources.
    STOP making new features and fix the core game.
    t00t t00t
    This signature has been censored.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Thx for all the gifts! Yet the event itself didn't leave a good impression. The geologist helps a lot kepping the iron ore production in the green. But I wouldn't have had the chance to earn him on my own. So the event is only by investing money in gems doable or logical to me. Which I don't do for flowers.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    I think its the opposite - and people should not get resilient to the fact that the product someone tries to sell them is always of poor quality and has been for years...
    Like any product it is up to the individual to decide whether or not to spend cash on a product. We aren't forced to buy the product, and many have spent a lot of hours playing the game having spent a total of zero.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Like any product it is up to the individual to decide whether or not to spend cash on a product. We aren't forced to buy the product, and many have spent a lot of hours playing the game having spent a total of zero.
    Not sure what it is you are saying. BB needs money to keep this game going. If no one pays then there is no game. With too much pay to win, and too many bugs and too much bad content, more and more players will decide not to pay. Yes it is up to the individual if they want to spent cash on this, but BB have a better chance to earn money on the game if the do a better job than they have done recently. Some - me included have stoped paying. Giving compensation for bad choices is nice and appreciated, but that is not enough, better not do all these bad choices.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Newfoundland
    It is just a game and games should be fun, stopped being fun so I stopped playing.

Reply to Thread