Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Valentine 2019 Event

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by cheethamhill View Post
    I actually liked the event-bugs aside

The event concept was good,the farms,cards and bouquets added a more interactive involvement,the cards with the double loot was a very nice idea...The TO page was buzzing all event and made for a very busy time and lots of players vying for co-ops spots,the shorter time frame also was a nice change as three week seems to drag on with events and people start to wane or complain of doing the same adv's for that length of time...
    Wasn't particularly interested in the event before it started but I actually quite enjoyed it in the end - yes very buggy which really should have been sorted out before it went live but the concept actually wasn't bad. Enjoyed the co-operative aspect, nice to see such an active trade chat and people working together to receive rewards.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    + Emphasis towards working together (coops and ls)
    + Original new buildings
    + Farms all had the same production times (easier to maintain efficiently than halloween cems)
    + Valentine cards had a fun aspect with the mails but also give extra loot.
    + Leasure players can get enough items with explorers, active players can get even more by doing a lot of addies

- Lots of issues around event
    - pretty short (if you are away for a few days, its a big impact)
    - buff time of valentines cards was a bit short

All in all i had fun

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Therk View Post
    Charming g + Lovely ex are the UGLIEST thing in this game
    did not buy them from the store becouse i dont wanted to look at them every time i open my star menu

guess NOONE was buying them becouse we get them anyway as presents...........

now i trying to get rid of them, posting on forums and twitter just so someone DELETE or REMOVE them from my star menu......
    Really! I am in a small guild and our first goal was to ensure everyone got the explorer, receiving a second as compensation for the problems was awesome; we now have 2 new explorers guaranteed to bring back the maximum number of eggs, pumpkins, presents in future events.
    Hadn't bought the geologist as there were other things in the shop I wanted more so really happy to get him for free

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Settlers ran slowly and crashed often through the event for me, the observatory does not appear to work and the the weather station is beyond my brain cell, BUT actually, for a mini event it was pretty cool actually. Not particularly stressful and fun to get some interaction going. I think people need to remember that this game has people at many stages of play, and the rewards from this event would definitely suit some more than others. For newer, lower level players extra geologists and explorers will always be helpful, and I can see that the Love Garden is going to be a great asset to these same players. I remember how hard making population was when I started playing, and I would have appreciated the constant population boost.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    Feedback more for next Halloween event. Please use same format for pumpkin cemeteries as was used for flower farms. Its really annoying to deal with 9 fields and different production times. This event was perfect, only 3 fields with equal 20 minute time.
    I have two quotes for you.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to make the same mistakes.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    It's a pity there were so many bugs and incidents, particularly at the beginning of the event which made it difficult to sus out how certain things worked, (especially when they didn't work as they should). Once things had settled down the event seemed to run pretty well, the only major hassle being the seemingly random chance of getting the valentine's card buff to give double loot. (I tried various 'fixes' suggested on the forum but found none of them to work consistently or logically, including my own formulations).

As to the rewards -
    Weather Control - can't complain as I had said some time ago I would like to get the final building from Storm Recovery on my island and here it is. You will certain need to understand the intricacies of HP, AD, Flanking and Splash to get the best out it and probably the mind of a supercomputer.
    Observatory - difficult to comment as it doesn't work, but the ability to speed up generals will be useful. Should result in some interesting happenings depending on how it effects generals movements between launch and hit.
    Love Garden - interesting especially if you are at a level were pop building is still a problem. In view of the problems already discussed on the Xmas market relating to space on the island I always think it would be useful to have a tool to dig up a few tree stumps. Also as its another cooldown building it would be useful to "stack" the buildings (or introduce levels to them that could only be increased by buying a second instance of the building) so we don't end up with and island covered in objects that aren't doing a lot.
    Explorers/Scout etc - fine always happy to have more.
    Buffs - some very useful buffs from the event.

Overall - quite good, nice to see more people engaging and trade activity being high. Just make it work properly

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Valentines event left me feeling unloved and after the second challenge I resulted in selling off the flowers and buying items I will require to progress in the normal game. I tried and used the few resources I had to make valentines cards which I distributed to friends but I never received any back. For me who cannot spend hours playing the game with limited resources, troops etc there was no way I was going to be able to afford items like the observatory etc and it made me wonder if the game now holds anything for me other than felling totally unloved.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I didn't get very far with this event because it relied on buffs from 'friends' at an early stage and sadly I don't have any, at least none that every buff me, boohoo!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by braveadventurer View Post
    I didn't get very far with this event because it relied on buffs from 'friends' at an early stage and sadly I don't have any, at least none that every buff me, boohoo!
    That's why guilds exist! Join a guild and you will have lots of friends who will be very happy to swop or drop buffs for you.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    If the producers of Settlers wish players to stop playing, then introducing events of this nature will succeed. I have yet to discern any real benefit from the "Observatory and the other building. Of course, the addition of a Geologist and explorer was acceptable. The majority of benefits arising from the event are decorations........
    Flowers were tradeable but the items "manufactured" using the flowers were not... Even in the test server, the event was appalling. The implementation was delayed one week and then still went awry. The Easter, Christmas and Halloween Events are all that is needed.... continual (silly) events do nothing to encourage players

Reply to Thread