Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Valentine 2019 Event

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    hello...what can I do if I destroyed my flower farms? so I can finish one of the events..

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by FLORINAS View Post
    hello...what can I do if I destroyed my flower farms? so I can finish one of the events..
    if destroyed, there is nothing you can do
    Leader of The Hell Unleashed [THU] on Newfoundland
    Addicted to Settlers, coffee and chocolate, in that order

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Did the same mistake.. was going to move them, as I thought they would go to the Star menu as building.. but to my horror, they were not there..
    This is not ok. I think we should be able to resurrect them, still as depleted, but you will get them back.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by inyi View Post
    The cards, nice thought, but i've made 36 boxes so far and haven't gotten a single number 9 still
    The fact they are somewhat expensive, the results are random, they can't be traded.... this all adds up to a really bad idea in my opinion.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    Overall,
    it's been nothing short of shocking. As a member of the IT community (e.g. as many know I'm an IT administrator in a large company - it's a completely different universe compared to Settlers and I know very little about web and sever/client and MMOG concepts although I am studying to learn more) - but from a set of principles around testing (my area), recovery, communication, responsibility toward the customer, administration, general programming standards----- it's nothing short of horrifying that a company can continue to operate with this failure rate and poor customer satisfaction. I think Settlers is lucky there are very few community based non PVP format games out there. Other online games I play and others that I just look over are streamlined and consistent and have close to 100% availability. Surely it can be done...

I like the format overall and I've invested a lot of time so I'll probably always keep coming back for more but I would hang my head in shame if I was responsible for publishing such work.

I think that pretty much covers my rant.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I think Settlers is lucky there are very few community based non PVP format games out there.
    Might be one of the reasons why they simply dont give a duck.

Game market evolves and every year it becomes harder to make money off a game of which one of the few redeeming qualities is that its a continuation of a 25 year old franchise. You can only make so much money of a sentiment until it is not enough to pay for actual development effort.

FlamingDeli
    i have been having extreme lag and login issues since this event has started despite using all advice given in game and forums to prevent it. the requirement of players running lots of advs /coops is defeated by the lag stopping us from even trying to complete them. it took me 2 browsers both with cache clearing several times on each one several computer restarts and still waited 4 hours to login plus see my island after it loaded 2-24-19. its hard to play a game when game loading screen is blank for 20+mins or when it finally completes your island shows up 10+ mins later due to lag and buildings are still loading. im lucky to have patient helpful guild members and friends to help me struggle through this event.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by FLORINAS View Post
    I've just received information that there's a fresh fix for that issue.

If you're encountering this problem, please contact Support now.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingDeli View Post
    i have been having extreme lag and login issues since this event has started despite using all advice given in game and forums to prevent it. the requirement of players running lots of advs /coops is defeated by the lag stopping us from even trying to complete them. it took me 2 browsers both with cache clearing several times on each one several computer restarts and still waited 4 hours to login plus see my island after it loaded 2-24-19. its hard to play a game when game loading screen is blank for 20+mins or when it finally completes your island shows up 10+ mins later due to lag and buildings are still loading. im lucky to have patient helpful guild members and friends to help me struggle through this event.
    There is something really wrong with your computer and/or your bandwith is at ISDN level. Allow me to suggest that you google 360 total security, install and run it.

Came to give feedback to the event. I rate the event 1/10 and that's being gentle. I could highlight a few things that people have already mentioned, il leave it with this: There are no event rewards. Only the chance to grind a currency to buy special items.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Torkav View Post
    This makes the Observatory a perfect building for those who love to do adventures as their main activity, and even more so if it involves doing cooperative adventures with their friends; especially during this event!
    Since the Observatory is currently broken and not working at all I can only deduce from this that the Valentine Event will continue at least until the Observatory is fixed. Hope you get it done before Easter arrives. Would be kind of awkward otherwise.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Reply to Thread