Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Compensation for update, update of the update, event delay, event hot fix....

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    The one sent on Friday was it.
    How do you know this ?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    the so called slim browser is chrome without any security on it at all.

When flash is removed from adobes website no websites still using flash will work.
    No workaround for it. so its either switch to HTML5 or webassembly or close the game simple.

Its why BB r not bothering fixing the bugs. they know the game is closing down.
    Why do u think we r getting so much new stuff in the game that needs gems to buy? they r milking us for every penny they can get before closing the game.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I asked if this game was heading the same way as ''anno-online'' @ https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...the-info-below and didn't receive a reply from staff about that question ( or even a comment ) so I already believe they have no intention to keep it running, BUT, like Anno-Online, keep selling gems right up to the last minute.
    However , if they sell the highest package of gems to someone and they close the game before a user could use the gems, would they fall foul of any consumer protection rules in the EU.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    is there any chance the merchant is going to be fixed so i can at least give this valentines quest a try? 4 support tickets later you still haven't resolved the problem. i try and place another support ticket and get an auto response saying ive replied to a closed ticket

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    bb are working on "solutions" no1 has said its the slim browser or nothing!

however, even suggesting we use something that doesn't work very often and wont work in the future is typical of bb and their mods

can we have saqui back?

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupssss View Post
    How do you know this ?
    Didn't you read the mail? it had a short story that referred the troubles of "last night" or similar

Quote Originally Posted by cliff60 View Post
    the so called slim browser is chrome without any security on it at all.

When flash is removed from adobes website no websites still using flash will work.
    No workaround for it. so its either switch to HTML5 or webassembly or close the game simple.
    Incorrect info. Adobe removing flash means the download is removed and auto-updates no longer work. Browsers also remove the support but it does not mean custom browsers can't support it. Slim browser is a BB's custom fork of chromium which has support for it's own builtin Flash version and own code.

Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    bb are working on "solutions" no1 has said its the slim browser or nothing!
    BB has said the Slim browser is the current solution here and at the German forums.
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 25.02.19 at 11:35.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    simply put...

if slim browser has its own built in flash? how come u have to install chrome to make it work?

what u gonna do in future when u reinstall windows and flash is nowhere to be found?

a year after flash closes and there is no support for it at all and bb needs it to communicate with other software whats going to happen then?

and right now, take a poll and see how many players can actually get the slim browser to work!

i know the answers and there are many other reasons that makes me think this is not a viable solution. no need for technical replies, i've almost 40 yrs in the IT trade!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Didn't you read the mail? it had a short story that referred the troubles of "last night" or similar
    That was a trouble mail.. You are true.
    Where can I find this information in clear text ? Forum ? Frontpage ? Changelog ? Dev Diary ? Facebook ? Twitter ?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Where can I find this information in clear text ? Forum ? Frontpage ? Changelog ? Dev Diary ? Facebook ? Twitter ?
    What part of the mail included the compensation eludes you ?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Reply to Thread