Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Compensation for update, update of the update, event delay, event hot fix....

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Torkav View Post
    No HTML5 version of the game is planned.

Even if the browsers stop running Flash, the standalone game client (the so-called Slim Browser) will still work and it will be possible to play.
    shame standalone client is rubbish, needs to be able to have multi tabs for guides and other usefull stuff most player switch between when using a standard browser. plus the fact i rarely got the standalone version to work as vlc kept trying to load the flash elements, so all i ended up when clicking play was a traffic cone icon in window, and what happens when windows update uninstall all versions of flash which i think will happen next year, slimbrowser wont work

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I can't say it seems very professional to start a hotfix right after the start of an event and during a happy hour. Both service and commercial wise not really smart.
    If there was no rush to do a resource conversion earlier, then why specificly right now and not after the current event?
    Only reason to do it right now, would be it messes up the current event. But if that is the case, then again unprofessional planning on your part as you should have done that before this event then.

So to summarize this... Unprofessional!

Also, on a side note, the stand alone client is Windows only. Do you keep in mind you have Mac and Linux customers aswel?
    Last edited by Morgwyn; 21.02.19 at 14:08.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    No HTML5 version of the game is planned.

However, we do not ignore the Flash situation and are working on solutions. Even if the browsers stop running Flash, the standalone game client (the so-called Slim Browser) will still work and it will be possible to play.
    Got a link for the standalone?

Does it not use flash at all? And if play via Steam can I still use it?

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Got a link for the standalone?

Does it not use flash at all? And if play via Steam can I still use it?
    You can find a link for it on front page "Help & Support" the FAQ, second last item. Slim browser download.

It uses Flash. Your choice of Google or Adobe version. Sometimes swapping between the two sorts lags and stuff for me.

Playing via Steam effectively uses the slim line browser and it's been my observation it's stabler than web version (no random browser updates messing with it). However you can't switch between web/slimline and Steam versions, even though latter two are basically the same. And in Steam you can't have multiple accounts (AFAICT) since you only have 1 SteamID. It's not going to be as seamless as online where you can just pick world and login credentials.

I have to access the forum via the ingame browser and it's not as convenient as in browser tabs. For those whining it's in different window than browser, it's my experience that makes it easier to have guides and game open at same time. Effectively it's like moving game into it's own tab, which most have to do anyway to get any stability. It jsut get an very independent process from browser. And it's own logo down in taskbar which I like so alway know when am swappign back into game. Whenever I try to read guides and play on testserver I get the tabs mixed up.

You can't switch over from Steam to web or vice versa (Steam login is independent form BB/UBI login, which means whenever UBI servers are out I still have game), unless you really twist the arms of technical support because of gross technical issues. Never heard of anyone migrating TO Steam yet. It's easier to take it over to BB/UBIs own system than sending it out.
    Last edited by SnowBlizz; 22.02.19 at 08:53.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I tried downloading the slim browser after we were told in global that it has files that got round the flash issue within it so does not require flash. This is the message I get

I use Opera and an uptodate version of Chrome.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Please submit a ticket to the Support Team. Include the screenshot and information that you have an up-to-date Chrome installed.

https://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/help-and-support -> Contact form

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    .Issue has been resolved. Closing thread.
    Remember the subject of this thread.

So YOU forgot to renew the Security Certificate,

So WE can't connect during this night... We lost again a lot -(for ppl like me who play usualy after midnight)...

NOW get back the subject :
    What will be the compensation ?

At least some little excuses will be appreciated... Even if it's not your usual behavior...
    Last edited by Soupssss; 22.02.19 at 10:29.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    As a compensation you got another opportunity to pay BB for some gems to make up for what you can't get by playing cause the game is constantly broken with scores of bugs chasing one after another.

Beyond ridiculous this game has become, really.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    yeah i also want to know if there will be a compensation for i couldnt login this morning... i mean i couldnt even contact support or forum cause nothing was secured !

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolyka View Post
    yeah i also want to know if there will be a compensation for i couldnt login this morning... i mean i couldnt even contact support or forum cause nothing was secured !
    There was a news a frontpage, but they removed it...

The probleme came from the HTTPS Certificate, BB just forgot to renew it... It take 5 minutes...

They made a noob mystake... maybe that's why they remove the information about the 10 hours downtime....

Reply to Thread