Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Valentine buff not working

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    I have another theory what might be going on with this Valentine double, which is other zone buffs interference. I had a long streak of doubles, something like 30 addys or more, without any problem, making sure it was ending while buff was still on. Then I started another zone buff from football pitch, and double was gone. Done two addys with single results on that, so decided to cancel and start afresh.
    Update on the above. Somebody placed bouquets and activated population zone buff. First 2 addys worked double, but then stopped. Next day addys were still on single. So I canceled the pop zone buff, and double started to work again without any problem. Suggest my theory might be correct and other zone buff interference might be part of the issue.

World
    Newfoundland
    how did your valentine card buffs last for a day?
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    how did your valentine card buffs last for a day?
    Pop buff from placing bouquets lasts a day or so, so next day that was still running and newly started Valentine (with pop buff running) didn't give double.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    hi, it's me again...
    once again, Valentine's buffs failed - another cheatering or even fraud - with premium AND cards on before the start AND premium - 9 deposits on Nords...

anyway, have fun

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    and fraud again, cards and premium, Nords: 8-4...

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    not doubled, but twice, lol

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    What a waste of time/ Sent ticket/ They asked for a screen shot/ Worked out how to do that and find it in my data files/ Sent it/ Silence!!! Cannot progress with Valentines tasks now/ Why did I start?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    The valentine buff was very hit-and-miss for me. Sometimes it worked as expected, other times it failed to give the expected double returns for no apparent reason (hadn't refreshed, the stars on adventures were still showing and the buffs on the farms had a lot of time yet to run). Another time I accidentally refreshed while the buff was active and the buff continued working after I returned.

I gave up trying to understand it.

The buffs were a frustrating part of this event for me. The cards took so long to make, then the buffs were short-lasting, the bonus effect worked or didn't work. I appreciate BB trying to make things interesting by giving us new things, but I hope they won't repeat this experience in other events.

Edited to add: The valentine messages were fun, though. I particularly liked "I love you almost as much as my couch" lol.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Suggest my theory might be correct and other zone buff interference might be part of the issue.
    I suspect it's something to do with other zone buffs removing the effect of valentine buff if applied afterward as well. I had a love crazed applied after cards which then made valentine stop giving double refills/xp, used stop buffs and got cards reapplied on farms and it began working again.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah the majority of the event seems to have been a mess but one thing it was good for was collecting Wisdom's from all the 2nd thieves that were run.

Reply to Thread