Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost 90 cav in Buccaneer Roundup attack using General Mary Christmas

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Lost 90 cav in Buccaneer Roundup attack using General Mary Christmas

Using the wiki guide The Buccaneer Roundup – General 200 with Elite Soldiers, I sent General Mary Christmas on attack number 6 - (38M, 100C, 1ES and 61 Crossbowmen. I lost 38M, 1ES and 90C. I double and triple checked my email to ensure I sent the right troops.

I could not find a sim that let's me use General Mary Christmas, but she should work the same if not better than a Tavern General right? The sim shows that this attack should work with a Tavern general.

So today, I used 58M and only 80C and lost 58M, 1ES and 68C. Those 40 cannons don't get taken out until round 2 and so do a lot of damage.

Does the wiki attack work if I use a Tavern general but for some reason Mary does not work?

Update: Wiki guides have been updated
    Last edited by Purcivel; 23.02.19 at 22:51.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    combat simulator @ https://www.settlerscombatsimulator.com/en says you will lose with mary or 200 general with that loadout , thats with no books on the gens

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Yes,Mary does her job as well as a normal general. But the attack-setup is wrong.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Best attack i could work out for non booked Mary , single attack
    Attached Images

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin1963 View Post
    combat simulator @ https://www.settlerscombatsimulator.com/en says you will lose with mary or 200 general with that loadout , thats with no books on the gens
    Thank you. This simulator shows correctly what happened in my attacks. I could not figure out how to find the best attack using 2 generals though. :/

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    a tav gen with 200 recruits , attack 1 , then best setup for mary after that in screenshot attachment
    Attached Images

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin1963 View Post
    a tav gen with 200 recruits , attack 1 , then best setup for mary after that in screenshot attachment
    Thanks for the solution. Since my Mary has skills (Overrun 3 and Unstoppable Charge 1), I got lucky and won both fights losing just M and C. I used the sim with my skills to work out a single attack and will live with that for this event.

2-3 Rounds 80M, 60C, 60X [losses: 62-80M, 0-35C]

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by bfl72 View Post
    Yes,Mary does her job as well as a normal general. But the attack-setup is wrong.
    I submitted the form to wiki letting them know all of their General 200 guides won't work for attack 6.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Purcivel View Post
    Using the wiki guide The Buccaneer Roundup – General 200 with Elite Soldiers, I sent General Mary Christmas on attack number 6 - (38M, 100C, 1ES and 61 Crossbowmen. I lost 38M, 1ES and 90C. I double and triple checked my email to ensure I sent the right troops.

I could not find a sim that let's me use General Mary Christmas, but she should work the same if not better than a Tavern General right? The sim shows that this attack should work with a Tavern general.

So today, I used 58M and only 80C and lost 58M, 1ES and 68C. Those 40 cannons don't get taken out until round 2 and so do a lot of damage.

Does the wiki attack work if I use a Tavern general but for some reason Mary does not work?
    Are you doing the firstwave attack with the 200r?
    according to my sim, doing the 1st wave 200r
    then 2nd wave Mary gen with the troops in the wiki 38M, 100C, 1ES and 61 xb, you win with only militia lost
    I can only assume you did the 2nd wave with mary without sending the first wave at all
    Leader of The Hell Unleashed [THU] on Newfoundland
    Addicted to Settlers, coffee and chocolate, in that order

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    Are you doing the firstwave attack with the 200r?
    according to my sim, doing the 1st wave 200r
    then 2nd wave Mary gen with the troops in the wiki 38M, 100C, 1ES and 61 xb, you win with only militia lost
    I can only assume you did the 2nd wave with mary without sending the first wave at all
    When I posted this, the 200R part was not there. I submitted the form letting wiki know and they updated all of the general 200 guides as you now see.

Reply to Thread