Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: weather control

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove

weather control

Hi, Is the new weather control station worth it, and best way to use?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    You can not use it. With all the buffs you will get bigger losses than without them. I tested 20% more damage and I got a lot more losses.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    It's funny to have if you enjoy to recalculate attacks.
    For guide-follower: not worth it.

No effect is good enough compaired to the cost.
    • Hard Frost - splash to defense units. Only makes sense if/when using (regular) Swordsmen
    • Bright Sunshine - increased HP to all. Can't see any real gain - not really worth it.
    • Heavy Fog - flanking to all. Could be useful for "slackers" (using one kind troups), but not really worth it.
    • Hurricane - increased damage to all. Can't see any real gain - not really worth it.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    As SmurfAsh says this is not a building for those who blindly follow guides.

I used DSOsim to look at sector 1 of Young Woodcutter using Hard frost on my normal attacks, The only difference was all attacks and blocks finished sooner and the losses were exactly the same. If I were to use a Tavern for the block the block would normally last between 300 to 620 seconds, with hard frost the block would last between 280 to 360 seconds. Replacing the Tavern with a MoD the block would normally last between 160 to 650 seconds, with hard frost the block would last between 150 to 220 seconds.
    Troop losses were exactly the same for no buff and hard frost.

As yet I've not had time to look at the other 14 possible combinations as the buffs are stackable providing you are willing to pay the 500/1000/1500 gem cost for stacking the buffs.

The reason why I got the building is my economy rules out the need for Love garden(s) and my playstyle rules out use of the Observatory. All I've learnt so far is this building needs to be looked into deeper before coming to a conclusion of was it worth it for me.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Adding flanking to all troops and then using vargus to negate the enemy's bonus might be worth investigating
    HOTFIX!

World
    Northisle
    And rumour has it, it works well on MCC chains where most troops already have splash damage and yours not. Haven't tested it yet though. But if anything it'll end up being and overpriced very good looking deco... kinda like the christmas tree but expensier

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    It'll be a little more useful than the Mad Scientist is.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Testing out the hard frost feature... Did a YWC with one; had to recalculate all blocks (typically, reducing number of ms by 2-5), but didn't save any troops. Did a 2T with one; again, recalculated blocks, and possibly saved 2-3ms over normal losses. It does affect mounted swords as well, but if you think through it, it's extremely unlikely to make much difference in any attacks that last 1 round where the enemy camp has first strikers, as they would have wiped out all of your ms already before they had a chance to use their splash damage. Might allow slight updating to the multi-round boss camp attacks and saving a few ms.

At the moment, it fulfills a similar function to horsemen statues.
    Last edited by rathbone93; 02.03.19 at 17:26.
    -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
    ~~~~~~~ Lagoon Guild [LAGN] (Newfoundland) ~~~~~~~
    Lagoons are tranquil. They are made of water. People are made of water, too.
    But people are not lagoons, even if you sometimes find people in lagoons.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by rathbone93 View Post
    Testing out the hard frost feature... Did a YWC with one; had to recalculate all blocks (typically, reducing number of ms by 2-5), but didn't save any troops. Did a 2T with one; again, recalculated blocks, and possibly saved 2-3ms over normal losses. It does affect mounted swords as well, but if you think through it, it's extremely unlikely to make much difference in any attacks that last 1 round where the enemy camp has first strikers, as they would have wiped out all of your ms already before they had a chance to use their splash damage. Might allow slight updating to the multi-round boss camp attacks and saving a few ms.

At the moment, it fulfills a similar function to horsemen statues.
    if doing ywc, you should be using sunshine, not hard frost
    use frost on the mcc ventures instead
    Leader of The Hell Unleashed [THU] on Newfoundland
    Addicted to Settlers, coffee and chocolate, in that order

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    Adding flanking to all troops and then using vargus to negate the enemy's bonus might be worth investigating
    Vargus is not worth it.

By doing as you suggest you essencially force yourself to use a 195 general in every situation, even those where you normally could use 285 major with much better effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    The reason why I got the building is (...)
    The reason I got this building is that its so bad I assume it will have to be reworked in future, which has potential of it being useful in some ways.

Reply to Thread