Reply to Thread

Thread: Why I love my Love Garden

World
    Newfoundland

Smile Why I love my Love Garden

Have seen quite a lot of negativity about the Love Garden both on the forum and in chat so thought I would say why I think it is great:
    I was lucky enough to get 2; so I used a similar principle to the Xmas market and built one in front of my mayor's house and moved 20 residences around it, the 2nd one I tucked away in a corner and am ignoring.
    As the 2 gardens share a cool-down there is only a limited time that you can have both running so I only use the one (sacrifice the 300% population boost for 25 residences - I don't really need this); so I use the one every 12 hours - this also fits in with my play style as I tend to pop on in the morning before work and then play for 2 - 3 hours in an evening.
    This means all my schools are permanently running as if they had Hot Lemon Tea buffs, this has significantly reduced my need for bread as I no longer need to make settlers in the provision house; so I was able to knock down some bakeries/mills and reduce my need for wheat & water - freeing off several building slots; may even demolish a school or 3.
    Combined with the Xmas market (running in the same fashion) buffing my important production I have been able to free off over 30 building licences since the end of the Xmas event which has meant I have loads of space to experiment with the new buildings (please fix the Observatory)
    I now have a significantly increased population growth and weapon production rate which means I can make more troops; do more adventures and get more XP and magic beans which then means I can do more of the beanstalk mini-quests all of which reward barracks buffs so I make my troops even faster!
    Have also seen some people say that it is more useful for lower level players - well I agree that it is a great building to have when you are in that period where it is a struggle to produce population; but I also think it is great for higher levels (I hit 71 during the event)
    So definitely loving my Love Garden

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Could you post a screen how you placed the love garden and residences around? I can imagine to place 20 of them, but 25 seems unreal. Thanks.
    Milan

20th July 2021: TSO died with Unity. RIP.

World
    Newfoundland
    Can only get a maximum of 24 around 1 Love Garden but 20 is enough for a decent buff and to activate the quest chain

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobblyt View Post
    Can only get a maximum of 24 around 1 Love Garden but 20 is enough for a decent buff and to activate the quest chain
    What quest chain does Love Garden activate?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    What quest chain does Love Garden activate?
    http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/buil...r/love-garden/
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    i still dont feel like i'm missing out on anything. its just a different way of doing the same thing which seems to be the theme with bb atm

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm very pleased with love gardens too. I starred my schools & make do with the university & an occasional tea. The quests are easy. Things I'd be doing anyway for a decent buff. Mine cover about 17 houses each which is more than I needed but as I had the houses grouped anyway that was not a problem. The level 2 population boost for the two gardens overlapping is a small bonus. One on in the morning, the other in the early evening.
    I think grouping workshops etc is good practice now we have buffs covering 4 at a time & for ease of finding by other players.

Reply to Thread