Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No cancel option for Love garden quests?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    This is bad. So far I've only had "do a mini mission/scenario/etc". Having to do a specific one and one that is locked behind crystal wall and having no cancel option is a no-no.
    Very surprised there is no complete with gems option.
    Same here, complete a venture! it needs crystals which I don't have. Then you have to try your luck with excelsior once you have got some crystals.....It could take weeks to complete a single love garden quest!

http://prntscr.com/my1f5u

World
    Newfoundland
    (Hunt For Intel) - Complete a venture:
    Ok so you need to convert crystals in the Excelsior (obviously going for the cheapest option here)
    Logging in daily = 16 crystals
    Daily quest = minimum of 2 crystals = 14
    Completing the collect all quest = 0.4 crystals - even if you can only do that once per day that gives you another 2.8 crystals
    Total for the week = 32 crystals
    The chance of getting the Rough Travel Guide Snippet is 30% - by my (admittedly very rough) calculations 17 crystals will statistically give you 5 snippets which you can convert into the venture - the chance of getting crystals is 15% therefore you should get an average of 2.5 crystals back - so lets call it 15 needed for the Venture map
    and yes I appreciate there is a random element before anyone starts ranting on that subject
    So again this comes down to CHOICE; if you want to use your crystals to get Ventures you can; and look at the rewards, industrial mines guaranteed, deposits, chance of a rare building which you can sell and some are worth a lot - Spooky Tree a case in point.
    Most of the quests you get from the Love Garden you will complete just by playing the game (deposit/adventure/treasure searches), the adventure ones are totally non-specific unlike the weekly quests where you have to do several of the same named adventure; so again it is your CHOICE how quickly you complete these quests.
    I wanted the Love Garden for the population buff which as I have commented on in another post has enabled me to free off a good few building spots on my island but I CHOSE to put 20 buildings round it instead of 15 so that I could trigger these quests because I decided the additional buffs were worth it.
    I will complete my current Love Garden quest (Hunt For Intel) when I CHOOSE to - it has been sitting in my quest log for a couple of days now; to be honest I will probably leave this till the weekend when I have the time to get the maximum benefit for me, namely activate my Scouting Post, run a good XP adventure I know I can easily complete in under 2 hours and then do the Venture.
    If a cancel button was made available for these quests it should have a significant cool-down, personally I do not see the need.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobblyt View Post
    (Hunt For Intel) - Complete a venture:

If a cancel button was made available for these quests it should have a significant cool-down, personally I do not see the need.
    Fine for you Bobblyt. I would not mind getting quests that requires me to do any ventures. I think I have them all in star. That is not my problem at all. My problem is that I am never going to get that far. If I had been aware of what would come I would not have places the garden in the first place. I have not completed any quest and I am not going to.
    For me it is not an option to have 20 population buildings around it. It would require too much moving a bout. I have a population of 42k, so I am not short of pop and dont need more. I could have read the fulll description on forum maybe, but I did not.
    I read on the garden that it would vitiate new content, but it did not say. "activate new content that will require you to reorganize your entire island" - had it said so I would not have this quest now I cant get rid of and 2 gardens in my star.
    http://prntscr.com/my93d6
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    now I cant get rid of and 2 gardens in my star.
    They are tradeable
    If they annoy you that much maybe sell them, or even just give them away I'm sure a low ranked player struggling for bread and with a bare island would be more than happy to help you

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by stonewaller View Post
    They are tradeable
    If they annoy you that much maybe sell them, or even just give them away I'm sure a low ranked player struggling for bread and with a bare island would be more than happy to help you
    If I do that I will have no option to get rid of the quest ever, so cant do that as long as I am stuck with the quest.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    If I do that I will have no option to get rid of the quest ever, so cant do that as long as I am stuck with the quest.
    What did the quest required you to do? I can borrow you one garden to get rid of the wait 1 hour one and then you remove all gardens and complete the buff reward quest

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    http://prntscr.com/n0mox6
    I have problems even finding place for an Arabian Tower on my island,- so it is not any time soon I am going to do a needless moving about with buildings to get rid of the quest.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I am running up against the same issue. I have one to complete a Co-Op adventure. I am a solo player. I cannot really think of any time coming up where I will have the opportunity to complete a Co-Op mission with some random person.

So I guess I just do not get to ever do Love Garden quests again.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlezK View Post
    I am running up against the same issue. I have one to complete a Co-Op adventure. I am a solo player. I cannot really think of any time coming up where I will have the opportunity to complete a Co-Op mission with some random person.

So I guess I just do not get to ever do Love Garden quests again.
    you kidding me right? The trade chat is FULL of co-op opportunities at this very minute during Easter...

If you really are struggling, PM me as we are on the same server. I will join The Siege with you to help you get this quest done..
    Last edited by Thejollyone; 03.05.19 at 16:44.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    "You are kidding me right? I have all of the time in the world to do this, so you should too!"

Yeah. I have a job and a small child. I started this game because it was something that I could set aside at a moments notice and not worry about it until the next day. I am sure that the server is FULL of people who have loads of time to do these things. I do not. So sure, we can go ahead and team up on the Siege... but you have to be totally cool with me disappearing into a project half way through and not being back for a few days, at which time the adventure will have lapsed.

These things just need a 1 week time out like the weekly quests do.

Reply to Thread