Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: xmas gift tree

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Sounds like another symptom of the laggy, buggy, bloated infrastructure this game is staggering under nowadays. Although it hasn't happened to me thus far, it's not surprising. Glad it's working for you now.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I was not on game for 1 week while on holiday, now gift tree is not working. The parcels do not show in my tree when the week is up and there is no item in quests showing countdown. I have clicked several time to try restart and I have also pulled down and rebuilt the trees and still no gifts in start menu.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    If not logged in game sleeps - think xmas-gift-tree also sleep, so only time counts for countdown. And when you rebuild tree it will probably be a week after building it before you get next gift.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I had similar issues. Had to reload the game for the mystery box to appear in my star menu. I was also thrown off by only getting one mystery box seeing as I have two gift trees, but I see the one mystery box produce two items, so I guess it's working as intended, just not very intuitive.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I was too fast in thinking that the changes made anything better. I start to wonder how the minds of the devs work. It does not seem to be very logi.
    Now I have a count down cluttering my quest book when I have remembered to collect the presents. As soon as the presents are ready to be collected the quest goes away. If I let the presents stay on the treee, if you like decorations they are kind of ok :-D. If I pick them up, again I am in danger of putting the tree in star - well that kind of solves the problem. Fine that the presents, end up in star, but still so tiny- that it is less that one of my explorers bring home in 24 hours, so not worth writing home about. If You have to clutter quest book with quest, would it not have been more logic to tell when there was something to pick ?????????

The count down makes no sense what so ever - as the reward is hardly possible to notice - I doubt that I am the only one that does not thing further about that the count down is gone- until next time your eyes pass the tree and sees the presents there.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    I've had no problems with the Xmas Gift Trees (I've 2) until today. The count down message has disappeared but the gift icon is not hovering over the trees as usual. Nor is the present box in Star. I looked in case I had accidentally clicked a tree. Is it a case of no presents now until Christmas Day? !!!
    FYI I've generally been pleased with my prezzies - sometimes VERY pleased.

Reply to Thread