Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Investigation] Long loading times

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you for your feedback, but please structure your replies according to the format shown in the first post.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    The opening questions and answers do not even match up, how do you expect to get a coherent response?

How long does the game take to load? About 2 minutes for me, I would say this is fine.
    When are the loading times so long (CET time)? The loading times do not vary for me.
    To what server (Gameworld) are you trying to login? I only play on Northisle.
    From what country? UK.
    Are you logging in to several accounts simultaneously? No.
    Browsers? Game loads the same for Mozilla, Waterfox, Internet Explorer Edge, Chrome, Vivaldi. Applies for current and older versions.
    Operating System? Windows 10 x64.
    Which Internet Provider? Sky Fibre.
    What type of Internet Connnection? Fibre to the cabinet (FTTC).
    What's the download/upload speed? 80MB Down / 20MB Up (was fine at 40MB too).
    How does your computer connect to the router? Computer->Powerline adapter->Powerline adapter->Fibre Router.
    Does Clearing the Flash Player Cache help? N/A.
    Does the problem also occur with other browsers? All browsers load the game fine (although it runs poorly in all browsers).
    Was the game's tab the only tab that was opened in the browser? I usually have a lot of tabs open, sometimes up to 50 and the game still loads fine.

Any other information? Maybe open a second topic for discussion if its not wanted here?

If I use the chrome development console, i can see exactly what is happening during the game load. For me, most of the files load from the cache, but there are 4 large files that do not, i can keep refreshing the game and these keep re-downloading each time:

https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/001...c5e8ece575.bin (54.5MB took 22seconds)
    https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/001...6dcc0bcd1f.bin (52.5MB took 21seconds)
    https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/001...9ab66b2993.bin (38.2MB took 18seconds)
    https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/001...b2397b122c.bin (36.8MB took 17seconds)

also to note that some of the content is being downloaded from none-ssl enabled sites, something some browsers may interfere with:

http://w02chat01.thesettlersonline.com/http-bind/
    http://w02g02.thesettlersonline.com/GameServer02/amf
    this seems to be the game information rather than graphics coming from none secure site

https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/
    game graphics come from secure site
    Last edited by Kotugo; 21.03.19 at 15:12. Reason: added more info

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    Maybe open a second topic for discussion if its not wanted here?
    There is one: [Diagnostics] Performance, Lag, Freezes?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    that one is for performance, lag freezes. This topic is purely about long loading times?

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes, this topic is purely for gathering precise information about long loading times.
    Since this issue counts as a performance issue, it is perfectly ok to discuss it in [Diagnostics] Performance, Lag, Freezes.
    From now on, all posts that do not conform to the format shown in the first post, will be treated as spam and deleted.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Hi everyone

just to contribute the dissatisfaction since yesterday on the loading time

1. How long does it take to load the game?
    Generally, I hit the refresh button if it does not load within 2 min - 3min. sometime, I walk away while loading and hope that the game runs when I return.
    Since yesterday, the loading has been consider extremely long. after the last file loaded after 2.5min, there seems to have no reaction for an unknown long period till the "wellcome" message box appear.

For me, any page or apps that need more than 2min to load without any feedback is kind of dead unless there is some feedback that something is still running. But to have the game to load after 5min is "not feasible or attractive" for me.

2. When are the loading times so long (CET time)? Are they acceptable(a few minutes) at some other times of day?
    random login from 1100h to 0100h CET, nothing acceptable since yesterday.

3. When did the problems started?
    since 09 Apr 2019

4. To what server (Gameworld) are you trying to login? (and with what username, if it's different than the one you're posting the feedback with)
    Server: Northisle, username as is.

5. From what country? (optional)

6. Are you logging in to several accounts simultaneously?
    only one! this account only!

7. (Any other information you feel might be relevant to this investigation)
    After every new update with new stuff to the game, login tends to get longer. Then after observing some complains, the loading time decrease on the next update. This is my memory of the last 2 events!
    Please review the process what cause the delay after adding new stuff and how was the loading time "improve" on the next update. Also, what does it mean to have reasonable loading time?

This contribution is related significant delay in the start up of the game!

another issue is the frequent time loop back during the game. clicking on many stuff to do some task and suddenly you can observe some task did kind of disappear. common is when you do explorer on mines or sending multiple generals for attack. you may thought that you may have click all necessary action, and sudden a time loop or time reverse happen and the last few click or command were reverse or ignored, sometime after some seconds the time sudden jump forward, other time the "task" that was desire never exist!

UPDATE : 11 Apr 2019
    The loading time is getting worse than yesterday, practically waiting forever. By the time it managed to load completely, I end up stopping the game because I get my focus on other stuff.

Please limit the loading time to less than 2 min in WORSE case! This situation is undoable, not enjoyable.

Update 14 Apr 2019
    Not able to load the game at all today... sent in a ticket now... total disappointment, hope miracle tomorrow. :/
    Last edited by El-Pulpo; 14.04.19 at 22:44. Reason: sent ticket

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    1. How long does it take to load the game?
    30 minutes and still waiting as i type!!

2. When are the loading times so long (CET time)? Are they acceptable(a few minutes) at some other times of day?
    Loading times have been getting progressively worse since before xmas 2018, for 6 years i have been logging on with fiber broadband and also using mobile hotspot with no problem at all, now is practically impossible with mobile hotspot.

3. When did the problems started?
    before xmas 2018
    4. To what server (Gameworld) are you trying to login? (and with what username, if it's different than the one you're posting the feedback with)
    newfoundland
    5. From what country? (optional)
    UK
    6. Are you logging in to several accounts simultaneously?
    No

7. (Any other information you feel might be relevant to this investigation)
    40 minutes now and still stuck on 50% load bar, pity but time for a change unless this is sorted soon.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    50 min today, over 1h yesterday, sandycove
    usually 2-5 min

World
    Newfoundland
    The game cannot load today at all, loading bar stays still at roughly two thirds.
    "Few products escape the CHOAM touch... Logs, donkeys, horses, cows, lumber, dung, sharks, whale fur - the most prosaic and the most exotic... even our poor pundi rice from Caladan. Anything the Guild will transport, the art forms of Ecaz, the machines of Richese and Ix. But all fades before melange." — Duke Leto Atreides, Dune

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros_I View Post
    The game cannot load today at all, loading bar stays still at roughly two thirds.
    Walk away for 15 mins , it should eventually finish ....... took me over 40 minutes last login

Reply to Thread