Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [Investigation] Long loading times

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Hiya Torkav-unable to log into sandycove at all-date 12-4-19- time between 10pm and 3.25 am- now giving up.
    firefox browser version 66.03 64 bit
    flash version 32.0r0
    op system win 10 64 bit
    download speed above 12 Mbps
    all other sites fine-tried to logon to sandy with other browser-same result
    clearing all cache does not work
    game tab was tried alone-then added other tab and could stream hd video from you tube as a test alongside.
    only have one account on sandy
    connection type is ADSL with VDSL capability
    Rather sad to be honest.
    12/4/19 -still cant logon to the game-looks like easter event is not happening for me this year-after many years of enjoying the game it now looking like its time to quit. Will try a couple more times but to be frank I dont want to waste my time on something I cant fix myself.

Ok managed to get onto island-time to logon 1 hour 7 mins-checked permissions in firefox to make sure flash was allowed -had ghostery running which shows trackers (ref saqui post-sounded similar to one he mentioned so turned off) and few mins later island booted up

The first thing is that my login bonus was not lost-after over 24 hours and it was just like the island had frozen for this time-like my account had stalled for over a day.dont know if relevant-or just useless info-but hope it helps.
    just to clarify ghostery has disable temporarily which I previously tried-but had to kill the app before getting back to sandy-will see if this is the problem or not when trying to logon next time
    Last edited by SVAMPSOPPA; 12.04.19 at 22:46. Reason: additional plus

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    12/04/19 overs 2 hours so far today, yesterday 1.5 hr last night on a different computer and internet supplier, 1.5hrs northisle user robblack1

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Before last game update 09/04/2019 loading times were around 5 minutes. After update loading times are from 1 hour to multiple hours. I am playing in Northisle server

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Hi!

1. Date and time - when exactly did the problem occur?
    From My Home Computer every time. If I try it open from Firefox or Chrome it's stucking in loading phase around 40-50%. Meanwhile I start from IE it's loading 3-4 minutes. Strange.
    2. Browser + Browser version number (Please always post the complete version number, not just "current")
    Usualy I play from Chrome 63.0.3239.132
    3. Flash version number (Please always post the complete version number, not just "current")
    Flash version: 32.0.0.171
    4. Operating System
    Win7 Home Premium 64 bit
    5. Which internet provider (Telekom, Vodafone, 1 & 1, etc.) do you use?
    UPC
    6. What type of Internet connection (cable, DSL, VDSL, leased line, fiber, UMTS, LTE, etc.) do you use?
    DSL
    7. What's the download/upload speed of that connection?
    18/1 Mbits
    8. Is clearing the Flash Player Cache of any help?
    No
    9. Does the problem also occur with other browsers?
    FireFox and Chrome not working while from IE I can play. On my workplace I can play from Chrome nothing changed there (Win10).
    10. Was the game's tab the only tab that was opened in the browser?
    Yes.
    11. How long does it take to load the game?
    Before last update It was loaded 2-5 minutes. Now nothing happened after 30 minutes. I didn't wait more.
    12. To what server (Gameworld) are you trying to login?
    NorthIsle
    13. . Are you logging in to several accounts simultaneously? No

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    ye trying to get in last 6 houers everhting is new flash and edge windows 10 /happened after last update

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Having refreshed the loading page multiple times over the course of an hour for the last few days I'm now giving up and not going to bother logging in at all. It seems I'm just wasting time waiting for the game to load and the loading bar only gets to just under half way each time.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    1.5 hours and counting...

refreshed twice, each time after 30 min - 45 min since I last refreshed and I'm still not in -- North Isle server
    tried both firefox 66.0.3 and chrome 73.0.3683.103 64 bit

usually takes between 7-15 min (which isn't great but I can accept that, we're on DSL)
    I'm in Canada -- we have a small local internet provider not a big, brand name one but it's the same one I've had since before I started playing Settlers

all day, no particular time - every time I've tried to load the game since the last update

refreshed, cleared cache, clear flash cookies, rebooted modem, waited hours before trying again

- nothing else running in any other tabs and no other programs running in the background

turned off all other devices in the whole house -- nothing has worked

it's not my computer - it's not my connection -- it's not my internet provider
    every other website I go to works fine -- the playstations (3 and 4) both work fine - streaming movies works as well as it always does
    we usually have 3-4 devices running and although slow, i can usually get into settlers- but not this week

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    still waiting to log in, has been 1 hour so far, in Australia time now 11.57, have cleared cache, updated flash, re-logged re-started, still waiting this has been the norm now last few days

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    still waiting for log in to complete? 12.48 now, do not understand why this can not just be fixed you are aware of the problem!!!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    logged in 1.42 PM

Reply to Thread