Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    i have tried every browser and its all the same

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Hi Everyone,

some note of possible solution of not getting stuck at loading. not sure if the IT department will accept.

you need a 5 min stop alarm or pomodoro.

clear all cache (not sure yet the real effectiveness.. but nevertheless, I cleared the cache)
    then load the game.
    If the game does not load in 5 minutes (max 20 min for distraction), hit the refresh button if you are using browser.

Generally, my first load never load within 5min, but the 2nd or 3rd refresh works.
    Please do note CET 0000h to 0200h tend to have longer loading time, in my experience, meaning more than 5x refresh (nearly 1hr) to get a working game while pulling my hair
    But this is not happen every day, but random (because I don't keep track when this happen, but it happen)

enjoy hitting refresh button if 5 min is up and no game.

Please let me know if this practice is not acceptable.

thank you

World
    Northisle
    i do practically same and seems it helps,. sometimes more sometimes less

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I see the lovely format to fill out and generally cant be bothered.
    contant refreshes, cleared this, cleared that, different browsers different pc's and different network connections
    even down my works corportate network that has over 1k ppl on it. guess what wont load go figure.

what ever you changed in the code maybe a roll back

im more destined to just give up and quit due to cant be bothered. puts my premium days to waste.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    I use several browser, but only three for TSO. Firefox, Palemoon, Internet Explorer (not Edge).

Firefox makes no problem, but it takes a lot of time to load and it runs slow.

Palemoon runs smoothly, when it loads. It usually takes several tries. Don't remember running it in one try. It loads to a certain point and start using memory progressively until uses it all, then freeze. Usually i use PM, because it is my main browser, and it is always running.

Internet Explorer works like always. Whenever i tested browser's speed (using Flash), IE was by far the fastest (on par with Avant, but only when using IE). It is the only one that can handle Flash on full screen out of focus (if u use only one monitor, don't even bother to ask). I rarely use it because Flash is the only thing that is useful for. But lately i use it more because other are getting slower with every update.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Add --disk-cache-size=1000000000 to the parameter
    You should adjust game requirements !

source : https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...ttlers_Online/

qawpaw
    its 2019, who still uses xp, btw. should only be windows 10 compatible, out with old stuff

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    See workaround has been suggested and that doesn`t work either. Unable to log at all this morning so 1 drop missed and multiple explorers sitting idle! Now at 29 minutes since workaround loaded onto pc and still no better.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Tried latest workaround for chrome (--disk-cache-size=1000000000 addition to setup) and loading bar still gets stuck at 40%!!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    its 2019, who still uses xp, btw. should only be windows 10 compatible, out with old stuff
    WIN10 is for n00bz. It is probably the worst edition ever. I've been playing this game before WIN10, and it worked. It still works in WIN10 if u use "old" technology like IE, and not "new and better" like Edge. Windows are not upgraded because they made it better, but because they made it cheaper and there are people that don't know how they should work, so they can sell it to them for even more money. As i understood the problem, issue are not the windows but Flash and browsers handling it.

Reply to Thread