Thread: [Investigation] Long loading times

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by s1120403 View Post
    I cannot load the game in any browser
    Have you tried the downloadable client?

https://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/download-game
    Last edited by BB_Torkav; 26.06.19 at 08:32.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    How long failed this morning had to go to work after 40 mins, still not loading past the left red flag despite refreshes.
    Tonight, I`ve been loading for 30 mins and still not getting anywhere. Normally log about 8:30 uk time and 6-7pm uk time
    Worse since event start,
    Usually takes me about 4-5 mins, I usually get a quick solitaire in or maybe 2 before the game loads.
    deterioation of login times has been gradual 1 month or so but worse since event
    Megadethmaniac work ? unknown
    UK

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    This game is broken. Busted. Does not work anymore. It's really sad that UBISOFT can get the division 2 with hundreds of thousands of players, real time shooting, VOIP, chat channels, teams of 8 to work flawlessly but cannot get a browser game to load. Do you even HAVE programmers on staff anymore?

I have not been able to reliably login for MONTHS. And with the event it has gotten impossible. I even implemented your "workaround" which is to pass command line parameters to expand the cache to my broswer(s), the multiple that i have tried, and it got better for a while but is broken again. Oh and for the record.. if i have to pass command line parameters to a browser (which does not seem to work anymore anyway).... IT IS BROKEN. Not a single software company in the world would find this remotely acceptable.

It is a simple browser based game and you cannot get it to load?!?!?!? for months?!?!?!?!

#speechless #sad #playingothergames

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Torkav View Post

That is no good, if you run a mac.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by megadethmaniac View Post
    How long failed this morning had to go to work after 40 mins, still not loading past the left red flag despite refreshes.
    Tonight, I`ve been loading for 30 mins and still not getting anywhere. Normally log about 8:30 uk time and 6-7pm uk time
    Worse since event start,
    Usually takes me about 4-5 mins, I usually get a quick solitaire in or maybe 2 before the game loads.
    deterioation of login times has been gradual 1 month or so but worse since event
    Megadethmaniac work ? unknown
    UK
    Yes, same with me today. Even tried a pc :-p still no luck

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Torkav View Post

The downloadable client (slim browser) is still 'loading' for the last hour (well, a bit more than one hour). Pity...

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I haven't been able to load the game on my PC since before the Easter event..... just freezes on loading screen half way along the bar …… I have been playing the game for years and now cannot play apart from an occasion iPad log in which is almost impossible to play on.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    My loading issues have been sporadic until yesterday when it took 1.5 hrs to get in, this morning at 6am it did not finish loading after 1.25 hrs and tonight, well am counting at over 30 mins already. Yes I have cleared my cache and all other sites work fine. BB you really need to sort this out.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I can't seam to load this up tried on chrome then explorer then I downloaded opera, firefox and the flash player again

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    39 mins to load

Reply to Thread