Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: [Investigation] Long loading times

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    loads about the same for me never had the issue others did but now game keeps freezing a lot more then it used to and transfering between home island and adventure map is taking ages a lot longer then it was a few days ago

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Like hades, game loads just fine now (thanks!) but gets buggier sooner than it normally did after launching the game - after about an hour, have to reboot the game.
    -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
    ~~~~~~~ Lagoon Guild [LAGN] (Newfoundland) ~~~~~~~
    Lagoons are tranquil. They are made of water. People are made of water, too.
    But people are not lagoons, even if you sometimes find people in lagoons.

World
    Newfoundland
    So the memory usage is down from 1GB to 700MB at start but the game still gets unresponsive after doubling the memory in 2-3 hours, so at 1.4GB.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 07.07.19 at 12:31.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    seems like the long loading time is back.

update 1:

this link
    https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/001...5699b2b974.swf
    took nearly 32 sec to load

currently loading stuck at
    https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/001...12ad397a14.bin

update 2:

clear cache and restart browser seems to help, at least could load the game again reasonably.
    hope this is just a cache issue.

update 3:

game loaded, but island not fully loaded
    many building missing
    no visual guide to build new mine or buff building
    also no building queue, when try to place copper mine "blindly (estimate position, due to no visual guide)"

Google Chrome
    Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

update 4 :13 oct 2019
    wonder if this thread ever re-use for repeated long loading time... already waited more than 15 min and still no game, will try tomorrow
    Last edited by El-Pulpo; 13.10.19 at 19:32. Reason: observation of the loading time

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Been having access problems too!

For several days,now,the game refuses to load,when it does it chucks me out when I try to perform almost any action.

Managed to get less than an hour's play today,that's starting around 9:30am.

Currently,loading runs upto the blue screen,then freezes there or sometimes at the next screen.

Very frustrating!

Even on the odd times it has let me play for a few minutes,attempting the Excelcior will always cause a freeze and i get thrown out.

Help!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I note that this is still not fixed,and the furry dust is still not working correctly either!

Time to find another game,methinks......

World
    Sandycove
    since yesterday morning my game is experiencing extra long load times mainly getting stuck on the loading page. Once I finally make it in, the game is extremely laggy and keeps freezing,. If it loads in Firefox, there is no chat server whatsoever.

To try and cure this I have:

Flushed DNS
    Cleared cache
    Re-booted router
    Checked for Windows updates
    Checked for latest drivers
    Uninstalled and re-installed Chrome
    Uninstalled and re-installed Firefox
    Tried Opera browser
    Tried Edge browser
    Ensured Hardware Acceleration is disabled
    Tried playing the game in it's own window

I connect via fibre optic broadband at speeds of up 100Mb (ethernet) and 70Mb (wifi). I ran speedtest several times yesterday and there appears to be no issue this side. Indeed all other webpages are normal.

Playablilty was slightly improved in the evening, but still noticably laggy/slow and intermittent freezing. However, this morning I am back to not being able to do much else other than log in a buff a couple of buildings.

EDIT: deleted wifi adapter and rebooted laptop where it re-installed seemed to have cured this for me.
    Last edited by Thejollyone; 24.04.20 at 09:00.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/001...g/AC_OETags.js
    This host refuse connections occasionally (connection timeout). Pretty much every time I have slow loading, or none, this host is the reason for it.
    Using BING as DNS configured using google's public dns as forwarders.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Stuck on the opening screen that changes tips. The Close button does not become green.
    Installed again the standalone client although it stopped logging long ago - well it didn't start logging normally. Deinstalled it again.
    Any suggestions?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    it took 43 mins to log in with downable Client ..... some people tell me that I'm lucky to be able to login so fast

Reply to Thread