Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: [Investigation] Long loading times

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I use aviator browser on my pc now, it blocks flash and adds to keep you safe.
    To log-in into the game i have to confirm that i want this site run flash and hey presto works like a dream.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    4 hours today and still trying!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    7 hours every thing cleared and restarted, 3 different browser, 2 different internet connections, please fix this

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Same for me, trying to logon since more than 20 hours now, always takes up to 45 Minutes before I can see the game in the background, but get a popup window on top, saying Server Zone Init failed, pls reload..... tried several different browsers, cleared everything, tried even several different computer and internet connections - always the same... fix this pls as it spoils the game a lot.... finally remembered why i stopped playing this game years ago :-(

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dunno if its any help to those investigating this but this morning, as I couldn't log in on normal browser tried a very old version of opera and after about 15m I got in but was met with endless security messages all relating to data being passed by the current server to a server named w01g04.thesettlersonline.com which was being seen as insecure. I've never seen this message on any other connection I have made to the settlers, either on Chrome or a current version of Opera.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Avant browser has solved my problem. I've gone from 3-4 hour waiting times almost every day to straight in. It's worked the last three days now without fail.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i havent had major problems usually in within 20 minutes but seeing how so many have had issues and are missing out on a event and BB havent addressed the issue is appalling there was a time you would of been all over this and if this is a flash based problem then i dread to think how bad it will get eventually the fact you are not doing anything or if you are it isnt a priority is a worrying sign of how much you value the game and the players

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Got kicked out with a message saying ''refresh .... contact support ......" it didn't stay long enough to read that it said.
    5 attempts now to relogin , each time i get to the point of the only thing being downloaded is the facebook 10 minute ping
    have 3 friends stuck in a co-op that won't be happy
    and thats over 1GB of data i have had to redownload. ( even clearing cache 3 times now hasn't allowed the 5th login to complete )
    Why do we need to repeatedly download 200meg of data to play the game ???

On 7th attempt it loaded.
    The difference , and i should have spotted it earlier was that the 4 .bin files were all downloading at same time , none were queued

attachment shows 4 file names
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Harlequin1963; 25.04.19 at 18:24.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    got kicked out this afternoon, i could return to play only minutes ago (loading page stucked indefinetley, refresh didn't help)

1. Date and time - when exactly did the problem occur and how long did it take to load the game?
    today 25th april, about 7 pm

2. Browser + Browser version number
    Opera, Version:58.0.3135.132, but tried also other browser and PC

3. Flash version number

4. Operating System
    windows 7 (but tried also on windows 10 and ubuntu)

5. What type of Internet connection
    DSL, 10 Mb

Is clearing the Flash Player Cache of any help
    no

Does the problem also occur with other browsers?
    yes, read above

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Happens to me also, only i couldnt log in for 2 days already. Its stuck here: http://prntscr.com/ngyogj
    Tried other browser too, it doesnt work.

Reply to Thread