Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: [Investigation] Long loading times

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    None of the advise in the guide helps stop those 4 big files being downloaded every time, they are probably too big for some internal file size limit and so never get cached. I suspect the only way this will get fixed is if those 4 files are split into smaller files or maybe if the game assets are not packed up at all. The limit is pretty low as far as I can tell, even with the browser set to cache up to 100GB, it still never caches files bigger than around 5MB each.
    Firefox allows you to override the max file size , and does allow almost instant ( 2 to 3 minutes ) loading of game , all large files loaded from cache.
    I am on a slow broadband connection and the game now loads fasster than it ever did.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue1000 View Post
    i use Microsoft edge so latest details on front page are no use to me and I still have problem with long loading times
    Don't bother trying the "fix" on chrome - doesn't work.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Afke View Post
    You may want to add to the recently posted [Guide] Better loading times that this solution ONLY works for Windows users.
    On Mac you can increase cache size for an app. There are instructions out there. Maybe someone who uses one can figure it out and post here too..
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Same here. It's not downloading issue at all, network traffic stops at that points (confirmed by debug panel and wireshark). It's some silly loop in new easter code in flash. So no caching can help.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    im tired of this long loading times why should i play a game that frustrates me been playing for over 4 years so i thing its time to look for something else to play instead of a game where you have to struggle to log in i have done everything that was ask and still no improvement

http://prntscr.com/nkf9zz
    this is now 2 h
    Last edited by angelqui; 04.05.19 at 19:27.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    The game is very eager to disconnect and would ask me to refresh my browser on every smallest glitch of my internet connection. This, coupling with the well-known long loading time per every login/refresh, is really a nightmare to me now. Could you please make the waiting time during momentary network disconnection just a bit longer? I think that can be done easily and will make the game much easier to stay stable. Thank you.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I have been trying to load in all day, since event started I have had more and more problems getting in, I have tried the work around as I usually used chrome, that has not worked since event started, have had limited access on Edge, usually taken about two hours to load in, but today no luck at all

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    cant load the game. the settlersonline.com ping is 160+ which is abnormal. the JAVA is working, but browsers couldnt reach the adress

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    The workaround for Chrome (better loading times) has been updated - the parameter that has to be added in the Properties window has been changed to:

--disk-cache-size=5000000000 --media-cache-size=5000000000 --disk-cache-dir="C:\chrome_cache"

forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/36989-Guide-Better-loading-times
    Last edited by BB_Torkav; 09.05.19 at 08:58.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    For Chrome in OSX, in terminal:
    defaults write com.google.Chrome DiskCacheSize -integer 5000000000
    worked for me (with dev tools open, I now see .bin being loaded from cache instead of being downloaded)

(now looking for a fix on chromebook)

Reply to Thread